Website which shows weights of lifts by length of experience

Options
Somewhere in the past threads, someone linked to a site that showed the amount of lifts the average person would be at based on how long they had been lifting. Like a dummy, I didn't bookmark it.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? Google was no hope, at least with my search terms.

TIA.

Replies

• TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Somewhere in the past threads, someone linked to a site that showed the amount of lifts the average person would be at based on how long they had been lifting. Like a dummy, I didn't bookmark it.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? Google was no hope, at least with my search terms.

TIA.

I remember that. I think it was in the NROL thread, wasn't it? Hmmm - I'll join the search!
  • elizabethblake
    elizabethblake Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I looked through all my replies hoping it would jump out at me but didn't find it.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options

LOL we must have been typing at the same time.
  • elizabethblake
    Options
    You guys rock! Can you believe that google didn't find it using the search terms "bodybuilding strength standards"? Crazy!

P.S. I'm trying to make myself feel better about my wimpy lifts after reading stats on the bodybuilding group site...
  • TluvK
    Options

LOL we must have been typing at the same time.

Ha! Nice!
  • TluvK
    Options
    You guys rock! Can you believe that google didn't find it using the search terms "bodybuilding strength standards"? Crazy!

P.S. I'm trying to make myself feel better about my wimpy lifts after reading stats on the bodybuilding group site...

Oh no - where's that? You're not wimpy - sheesh!
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I will be checking out this information - thanks.
  • elizabethblake
    Options

Oh no - where's that? You're not wimpy - sheesh!

According to that site I am! I'm close though, on several lifts, just need to focus on them. Hard to do when the routine changes as much as it does in NROLFW. But I'm planning on really bumping up the weights over the next few stages!

We should have a thread that lists helpful websites, like this one and Lyle McDonald's and the youtube videos for various lifts.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Ohhh, I'm still "untrained". But I'm getting closer to "novice" every week!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I've never tried to find my 1RM on any given exercise. I can't afford an injury (no health insurance) so my goal as a novice lifter is to reach 80-90% of my 1RM for all lifts. Another MFPer posted a widely-used Intensity scale that allows you to estimate your 1RM. If anyone is interested in seeing it, PM me and I'll dig it up.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I've never tried to find my 1RM on any given exercise. I can't afford an injury (no health insurance) so my goal as a novice lifter is to reach 80-90% of my 1RM for all lifts. Another MFPer posted a widely-used Intensity scale that allows you to estimate your 1RM. If anyone is interested in seeing it, PM me and I'll dig it up.
    I use the Jefit app and website to track my workouts, and it will calculate your 1RM for you automatically for any exercise based on your current weight/reps.
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    Great information! I am just getting started with lifting and need all the guidance I can get!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    All I'm finding on that site is 1 rep max info, is that right? Honestly, I could probably pound out a crap ton of weight if I'm only doing one, but I'm never only doing one, kwim?
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options

Thank you!! This is a great chart!!
  • TluvK
    Options
    All I'm finding on that site is 1 rep max info, is that right? Honestly, I could probably pound out a crap ton of weight if I'm only doing one, but I'm never only doing one, kwim?

It's very typical to measure a person's strength with their 1 rep max. Many people do varying set/rep combos, so it's easier that way. Also, most PT's will figure out a person's lifting schedule and poundage by using their 1 rep max number.
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    im between novice and intermediate on most of these. hoping to be at advanced by the end of NROL4W.