Replies

• bigbeardiver
    bigbeardiver Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Originally from Aurora in Lombard now.
  • bigbeardiver
    bigbeardiver Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hey Crystal Lake. I'm from Lake in the Hills. Do you belong to any of the local health clubs? I work out at Lifetime Fitness......I love it!

Yup, use Lifetime Fitness in Algonquin, mostly the lap pool. Occasionally a treadmill when the weather is bad, which it hasn't been this winter.

Sending friend request!

I'm just looking into changing gyms - joining the Lifetime Fitness in Schaumburg. The gym itself was very impressive, but I was really rubbed the wrong way by their sales person, who I found highly irritating. I'm still up in the air as to whether I want to pay over $60 a month for a gym membership...I'm already at $54, which for me seems steep.

Where do you go now?

I go to LTF in Schaumburg at the moment, I always complain about it and threaten to quit, but I never do. The parking lot is too small and it can get really busy, especially during after work hours and lots of the women in the locker room love to spread all their stuff out, taking up all the benches while they spray an entire bottle cheap flowery perfume all over themselves, things are always broken, but I suppose that happens everywhere. It is expensive, but I suppose if you use all the things offered to you, it could be worth it (pool, classes, etc.) I don't take advantage, that is probably why I always complain so much about the price.

When I signed up, I think they said there is no cancellation fee so you won't be put out too much if you decide you don't like it!

I will say, though, when I visit my parents in Minnesota, the LTF by them is so much nicer and I always dread coming back here, lol.

Warrenville is no better. My sales guy has never acknowledged me after signing me up and parking absolutely sucks! Sometimes you drive around 20-30 minutes looking for a spot. I'm hoping that becomes better once all those who joined to meet their new years resolution stop coming. *smile* The equipment is good, the trainers are great, the class times dont really fit my schedule. Cost is reasonable given they are one of the gyms with a pool. But lifetime seems to be more about providing overall health / fitness than most gyms i've seen.
  • mysteasa
    mysteasa Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bolingbrook here :)
  • aspethe
    aspethe Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Count me in too.......
  • jennifer0626
    jennifer0626 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Carol Stream here. Work in Oak Brook! Glad the weather is finally nice. :)
  • missykm7
    missykm7 Posts: 42
    Options
    Bloomington / Normal

...and loving the weather right now too!!!!
  • MetroEastNative
    Options
    Wow, so many Chicago-landers! I live in Edwardsville, right across from STL, which is where I work. Just joined today. I have used the Livestrong.com tracking program before, but have never stayed with it for long. I was thinking of trying Weight Watchers online when I found MFP. Is this better than LIvestrong?
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Tinley Park!
  • HarleyQuinn_12
    HarleyQuinn_12 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I am a city girl. Chicago here.
  • I am from Rock Falls Sterling area. Couple of hours away from chicago.
  • Arwhite1865
    Arwhite1865 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Another Chicago girl here. :)
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Wow, so many Chicago-landers! I live in Edwardsville, right across from STL, which is where I work. Just joined today. I have used the Livestrong.com tracking program before, but have never stayed with it for long. I was thinking of trying Weight Watchers online when I found MFP. Is this better than LIvestrong?

I think you may get a biased opinion here!
  • jerrysteck
    jerrysteck Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm from Palatine and like you I like sharing posts with friends who help with motivation. I'm a guy who likes to take this dieting journey with friends. Love to have you join me.
  • pleloo
    pleloo Posts: 11
    Options
    I live in Edgewater (North Side), work in Evanston. Feel free to add me. :)
  • TangledUp_InBlue
    TangledUp_InBlue Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Crystal Lake - Feel free to add me as well!
  • hydrocannon
    Options
    Vandalia! TINY town in southern Illinois :)
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm in Dongola. Very small town in extreme southern Illinois.
  • BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm in Southern Illinois. Marion actually, by SIU Carbondale.

Hey, I'm just about 30 miles from you. I live in Dongola.
  • J0ET
    J0ET Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Arlington Heights here - just joined today!
  • bstoetzer
    bstoetzer Posts: 96
    Options
    Live in Lombard and go to Lifetime Fitness in Warenville.