Options

Replies

• MissPriss_423
    Options
    What's your name? Ashkey

Where do you live? New England

How long have you been riding? About 15 years

What's your discipline? Hunter - jumper

What's your horse's name/breed (if applicable)? Don't own one. But have leased many :)
  • Live4Hurdles
    Options
    What's your name?
    Where do you live?
    How long have you been riding?
    What's your discipline?
    What's your horse's name/breed (if applicable)?

Hi, I'm Eryn. I live in Maine and been riding for about 16 years. Started riding English/Dressage and studied Centered Riding in college. I moved to Colorado for about a year and rode our there as a cowgirl- hat, boots, levis and all. Never shown, just like to ride for fun so I wont claim a discipline. No horses right now :( Nice to meet everyone!
  • ruralgirl
    ruralgirl Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    What's your name? Heather

Where do you live? Devon in the UK

How long have you been riding? About 34 years (That makes me sound so old!!)

What's your discipline? Hmm not got time for much more than hacking at the moment although have booked in for some jumping training on Sunday - eeek Hoping to do a bit more this year (RC events, endurance ) as last year I was pregnant and the year before snapped my achillies so not much horse riding action!

What's your horse's name/breed (if applicable)? we have 5 at home - far too many!

Billy - Irish maxi cob - lovely chap very forward going - our No1 horse
    Chloe - we think TB x Suffolk - lovely mare but havent had her long so still seeing if shes a keeper or not.
    Tawnygold - Dun TB x Welsh sec D out of my lovely ex racer mare - she's only 18months
    Jay - Gypsy cob - been for sale for the last year but no one wants him - very sweet and totally indestructable - I was doing 20 mile fun rides on him last summer. Think well end up keeping him.
    Sparky - the kids Welsh section A
    Fergie - my TB ex racer - sadly cant be ridden any longer so shes out on loan as a broodmare.

Also got 1 yo twins and a 4yo (luckily my DH is retired:-)

I have just started MFP again - hoping to loose 3.5 stone by the time Im 40 but a bit lacking in friends for encouragement so if anyone wants to add me please do. x
  • ilikecake666
    Options
    My name is Ali. I have been riding for 30 years with a few breaks along the way. I trained hunter jumper growing up on farms in the midwest with a show or two a year. Now i strictly trailride on my standardbred mare named Suzie in Massachusetts USA. I also work off a lot of my board mucking feeding and watering so i have to go check that link on calories burned right now!
    So stoked to have found this site!
    Happy trails to all...
  • kelseylynn_cr
    Options
    Hey! :)
    My name is Kelsey.
    I currently live in Michigan. I've been riding for the last 11 years (I'm 18). I grew up riding Western and bareback, and then slowly worked my way into English riding. I've been trained mainly in Dressage and jumping...But I love it ALL. When I would show I would do everythinggg...Western, English, Jumping, Gaming, Trail Class...I'm not picky! I have one horse, an Arabian/Appaloosa mare named Callie. She's 29, but still full of spunk and she still does just about everything she used to. Sadly, I am currently away for college and she is staying with my dad. I am counting down the days til I get to see her again:) She was my first horse (it'll be 8 years in May!), and I love her dearly!
  • loosetorideagain
    loosetorideagain Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    What's your name?
    Where do you live?
    What's your discipline?

Hi, my name is Tracey
    I live in the lovely Warwickshire countryside of the UK
    Been riding forever
    Used to jump until my horse was diagnosed with sidebone in both front legs. Up until September of last year we rode novice dressage, then my boy went lame and was eventually diagnosed with arthritus in all 4 legs... no more riding for us. The vet has given him about a year before I will have to make that awful decision.

His name is Humphrey and is a Clydesdale X Shire. He is 16yrs old and I have owned him nearly 9 years and he is my best friend. We have been through so much together, but for now he is happy and that is all that matters.

I also have a 20month old Irish Piebald Cob. I called him Blue because he has one blue eye... not very original but it suits him. I have owned him for 10months now and he is so sweet. I rescued him from a horrid man that was sending him to the meat man. All because he had a blue eye and nobody wanted him :(... he was in a very bad state, very skinny and very miserable and very very scared. He had obviously been badly mistreated... But that was then, now he is a happy, chunky, and very very lovely horse. He should make around 16hh.

We have been through a long journey, but when he sees me arrive at the yard he whinnies and bolts up to the gate... it makes it all worth while.

Humphrey and Blue get on great together and infact Blue has give Humph a new lease of life...they are always running around the field together, which I never thought I would see Humphy do again..

I hope I have them both for many years to come....
  • Fat2PhatRT
    Options
    What's your name?
    Where do you live?
    What's your discipline?

Hi Everyone-My name is Sheila
    I live outside of Houston, TX
    I've been horse crazy since birth but only started riding again in 2007 when I got my first horse at the age of 40.
    Right now I can't claim a discipline. I've taken lessons in English but rode Western when I was younger. I have an Aussie saddle now that I love. I've been in Respiratory Therapy school since the fall of 2010 so I've not done much riding but I graduate in August and want to get back into it.
    My horse is a Quarter Horse-a 15 year old "Cow Horse" (Two Eyed Jack Line) His registered name is Sorting Alley Jack but we call him Sage or Big Red (he's 16 Hands)
    I'm so excited to hear about everyones experience and can't wait to get to know everyone better.
  • Fat2PhatRT
    Options
    They both sound lovely. Bless you for saving Blue and I hope that you have many more happy years with both of them.
  • CowgirlUp05
    Options
    What's your name? Erica

Where do you live? Florida

How long have you been riding? Since before I can remember.

What's your discipline? A little of everything... have done just about everything from dressage, polo, hunter/jumper, cross country, barrel racing, etc. etc. Now focusing on trail riding and reining with my filly.

What's your horse's name/breed (if applicable)? Gray - 18 year old 16. 1hh gray and white paint gelding Paisley - 3 year old 15.2 hh buckskin BS paint mare
  • giddyup0530
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

So good to see a group of horse lovers :).

I'm Sue and I live in Chicago. Have been riding for last 15 years or so. Mainly just trail riding and having fun. I've recently started dressage and LOVE it.

I'm owned by 2 horses. Roper is a 20 yr old paint and Majestic is a 7 yr old Friesian.

Good luck to everyone and best wishes in reaching your goals!!!

Sue
  • Ali9321
    Options
    Since I've just joined it would be rude not to do as instructed!

What's your name? Ali
    Where do you live? Scotland
    How long have you been riding? 34 years
    What's your discipline? Endurance riding
    What's your horse's name/breed (if applicable)? Number one riding pony is called Pendragon - he's an Exmoor pony Small but perfectly formed and very determined!
  • salsa81
    salsa81 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    What's your name? Sally

Where do you live? Just outside Morecambe in England

How long have you been riding? On and off since I was 13, so around 18 years

What's your discipline? Don't really have one can watch all Dressage, Showjumping and 3 day Eventing events til the cows come home! Not brave enough to jump, had far too many accidents but do love a bit of dressage!

What's your horse's name/breed (if applicable)? Have a horse on loan atm called Shylo, she's the grand old age of 24 and is a Welsh Cob. She's ace and is always up for a nice hack near where I live, although she does like to get home!
  • ToBeCountry
    ToBeCountry Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    What's your name? Jennifer

Where do you live? Illinois

How long have you been riding? On & off since I was little. I have owned my own horse for a few years now.

What's your discipline? Western. Trail Riding. Occasional "fun" show.

What's your horse's name/breed (if applicable)? Anni, Paint, 17 years
    Misty Mae, Miniature, 11 years
  • TXBelle1174
    TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    What's your name? Mindy

Where do you live? Fort Worth, TX

How long have you been riding? about 20 years.. chased horses my whole life, started riding at 17 and havent been able to quit

What's your discipline? Western. Trail Riding. Occasional "fun" show, Stock Horse of Texas (western with a little cow work). I used to show Paints and intercollegiate western pleasure. I LOVE dressage and would enjoy learning someday. My dream is to own/show a reiner one day. I am also a western riding instructor.

What's your horse's name/breed (if applicable)? Snazzy - Sorrel QH 16yrs, Strawberry - Gray 14 yrs
  • marielouisehilton
    Options
    What's your name? M (Marie-Louise if I am in trouble ;o)

Where do you live? Lancashire, UK

How long have you been riding? Started when I was little, about 24 years

What's your discipline? A bit of everything, jumping and cross country is definitely my favourite. I am hoping to try some British Eventing, but some days my mare naps and so we are just trying to sort that one out!

What's your horse's name/breed (if applicable)? She has a very embarrassing name - Doris - she is an Irish Draught x Irish Sports Horse, 17hh and 10 years next month. She is losing her dapples as she grows up, but still has them over her bum and on all four legs, the rest of her is going flea-bitten grey.

Great to read about what everyone is doing on here, good luck all!
  • salsa81
    salsa81 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi M,

Where abouts in Lancashire are you?

I'm just outside Morecambe, great for beach rides....do you have any sugesstions for good day hacks as thinking about boxing up and going to new places this year.
  • purpleflowersofdeath
    Options
    What's your name?
    Kat

Where do you live?
    Frederick, MD

16/17 years

What's your discipline?
    Hunter/jumpers, foxhunting, and I dabble in eventing

I have 2 TB geldings. Stanley, 23 and Harley, 12.
  • marielouisehilton
    Options
    HI Sally,

I am outside Blackpool, so also get to ride on the beach sometimes, isn't it brilliant! :o)

Unfortunately the rest of the hacking around us is pretty rubbish. Have you looked on the Endurance GB website, they organise longer rides (non-competitive ones) which I love to join when I can, unfortunately I don't have my own transport so can be limited at times. There is also bridleways.co.uk that has some suggestions on.

I used to be over on the edge of the yorkshire dales - Skipton way and there is amazing hacking over there so let me know if you'd travel that far and I can suggest a few ideas. Craven Country Ride you have to pay to do, but it is brilliant fun, they have open weekends where you get homemade snacks half way round - definitely worth the trip and there are some brilliant rides (free) around Bolton Abbey.

Hope you get out soon, it puts such a big smile on my face - always! :o)
  • Whisperinghorse
    Whisperinghorse Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    What's your name? Claire

Where do you live? Felixstowe, East England

How long have you been riding? Started at 3 to when I was 15 then a looong break took up again at 29

What's your discipline? Haaa!!! Hacking, love getting out in the countryside for a plod, used to love jumping, but havent done much for a couple of years, would like to do some Showing

I'm lucky - I have Danny Boy a 15.1 connemara x Highland who is exmoor coloured. He's my 'back to horses' horse and I've had him for 6 years.. He's 20 now and an easier horse to do you couldnt get!

I also have Edward a big 16.3 Irish Draught x Irish Cob fleabitten grey (mostly unless he rolls) he was used by the local hunt until I got him in October. He's a it spooky, but a real gent. He also has a massive moustache!! He'll be 11 this year.

Mum has 3 horses too, Harry a 7 year old Oldenberg warmblood, Murphy a 7 year old thoroughbred and Gifford a 34 year old irish draught x cleveland bay who has a heart problem and arthritis. But try telling him that!!!

I'm also very lucky as she has some land, so by the winter we'll have all 5 together...
  • horsesalwaysknewher
    horsesalwaysknewher Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late to the party, but figured I'd get in on it anyway!

My name is Meghan. I'm 27 and I live in metro Detroit.

I started riding when I was six, and stopped around age 20 due to my weight. I miss it every single day.

I've done huntseat, saddle seat, and dressage, but my passion was always hunters. I used to work with a lot of off-the-track Thoroughbreds, and they are my absolute favorite.

A good part of the reason I'm on this journey is so I can ride again. I'm not the same person without it!