Tell us a little about yourself :D

LadyNeshoba
LadyNeshoba Posts: 159 Member
That's right. We wanna know a bit about you :)

Replies

• Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Hey dear heart you know me. . . but I will make my formal introduction. . Jade here. . I crochet, knit, make jewelry, and am now going to dabble in soap making, and candles. . I will work with just about any medium. . Love doing it and it is my business. . :smile:
  • LadyNeshoba
    *wave* Awesome. I used to make Jewelry...But now I just mainly alter it to fit my neck (Swollen thyroid here).

Now I mainly make soap :)

Oh BTW. I'm Candace :D
  • Hi all! I'm an avid knitter, crocheter and all round crafter from New Zealand. Married mum of two. Look forward to getting to know some other craft people! :o)
  • LadyNeshoba
    Welcome :D
  • modernsoul
    modernsoul Posts: 148 Member
    Hello there. My name is Trina and I've recently learned to knit. It wasn't an easy thing to do because I'm left handed and I couldn't find anybody to teach me. I finally found a couple things on the internet and have read lots about it. It's all so confusing. Some people say it's really knitting Continental and others say it's left-handed. I enjoy it and have started a few scarves, but have yet to finish anything. :smile:
  • LadyNeshoba
    Hahahahaha well you can do more then me!

My grandma tried to teach me years and years ago...I just stunk at it XD
  • bikerb422
    bikerb422 Posts: 64 Member
    I am an avid woodworker. I used to be a cabinet maker. Now I am a system administrator for computers. But now I can do my craft business. I turn pens and other wood items on my lathe. Attending a craft show this weekend also. I am from central Florida. Hope to see more guys here as all I have seen are ladies. Not that there is anything wrong with that. LOL:smile:

Bruce
  • LadyNeshoba
    I specifically added woodworking because I know mostly guys do it. My husband and my father both used to do it and I've always been interested in it.

I'm glad to have you here!!! :D
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Hi all! My name is Jamie, and I love doing anything creative. I draw, oil paint, do ceramics, and do amateur photography. I like to mess around with make up affects, hence the weird profile pic. I also make jewelry out of natural stone, create glass mosaics, crochet, and have a tendency to throw together things that look interesting (want to learn how to weld to help with this). I also mix media, for example, I love pressing in crushed glass or stone into oil painting. Looking forward to getting to know more creative people!!!
  • LadyNeshoba
    Awesome! Glad to have you here :D
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,085 Member
    I'm Robert and I like to draw and paint abstract and modern and portraits.If you would like know more about me please ask.
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    I have a variety of interests when it comes to crafts, but sewing is my favorite. I like sewing everything and anything including garments, quilts, bags, embroidery, knitting, crocheting and working with clay. I also like making different types of jewelry.
  • LadyNeshoba
    Welcome! I'm glad to have you here :D
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Hello fellow crafters!!!

My name is Diane. I design and create jewelry. I primarily use beads, wire and chain. I have a lot of fun w/ it!

If you're curious, you can see some of my pieces on my Etsy website: www.etsy.com/shop/princessgemsjewelry
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,357 Member
    Hi there!

My name is Melissa, I'm almost 30 (I really can't wait to turn 30 lol I know I'm weird like that). I have 2 kids, My son who is 8 and my daughter who is 11 months (Born Dec 15, 2010). Married nearly 9yrs.

I'm a Crocheter I love to crochet and sew, I'm not that great with sewing but I can do it if I need to lol. I also make hair bows. If you count Web design as crafty then I do that too lol. I've been told I should be a makeup artist but it's never been something I do more then just maybe 2 times a week. I guess that's it.
  • mytwobabies
    mytwobabies Posts: 113 Member
    Hi all! I am Jill, I love to dabble a bit in a bunch of things, jewelry, sewing, knitting, revamping, cement stones, you name it and I'll try it! I am currently looking for fun things to make as Christmas gifts :) I started years ago making necklaces, then had my first baby and started sewing dresses, nursing covers, shirts, then went on and taught myself to quilt. I just randomly picked up a loom at the store one day and have been making scarves. Everything I have done I have taught myself! Although most of my ideas I get from seeing others do it first :) I am excited to meet other crafty people and share some ideas!!
  • RedHatPatti
    RedHatPatti Posts: 71 Member
    Hi -- I'm Patti and enjoy dabbling in different crafts...like Jill I am mostly self taught .. I'm trying to learn the wire jewelry and coiling techniques now.. Like painting on sweatshirts/t-shirts, sewing, decorating, recyling things into new items. Can crochet but not too good on knitting. Like making Christmas items too. Nice to see so many here.
  • LadyNeshoba
    I would love to learn how to do the wire jewelry :)
  • kmboyce
    kmboyce Posts: 3 Member
    Hello. I am a 45- year- old mother, wife, teacher and wedding headpiece and jewelry designer . I have been actively using MPG for a couple of weeks and I feel really good . I have lost a few pounds, along with my husband . I am excited to turn things around and become a healthier mom for my kids .
  • kmboyce
    kmboyce Posts: 3 Member
    misplaced modifier-- ahhh . I did not lose my husband . Sorry . !