Question

Options
I am seriously considering getting this book and starting the program. Can you guys tell me approximately how long your workouts are? I LOVE the P90X workouts but I just don't have that much time to dedicate to my workouts.

I have just started researching this book/program..... Can someone give me a quick over view? Also what you like most and least about it.

Thanks for all your input!

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    The first stage takes me about 25 minutes per weight room session, but as you get further into it you add more moves per session make the sessions last longer.
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    First stage took me 40 min. including warm up and stretch. I have done only one workout in stage 2, but it is longer -may be 50 min. all together. Tomorrow I'm doing second workout inn stage 2 and I can tell it will be more than an hour.
    I like to lift heavy things, so being able to see how heavy I can go is a plus. I like the structure of the program, as I'm not sure what exercises to put in one work out. I was a bit confused how the workouts are set, but after I figured it out it was easy. I love the pics and detailed stets for each exercise. I wish there was a bit more of what every exercises is for.All those heavy lifts do wonders for the body and my strength! I hope I'll be able to do unassisted pull up at the end.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I just started stage 3 yesterday and it took me just over an hour. The rest periods increase every stage plus I'm doing 3 sets instead of 2.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    I just started stage 3 yesterday and it took me just over an hour. The rest periods increase every stage plus I'm doing 3 sets instead of 2.
    Stage 3 calls for 3 sets, not 2.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Same question was asked on page 8 of this thread, you can see the replies:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/372438-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-group-part-2?page=8
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Stage 3 calls for 3 sets, not 2.

Right! I didn't mean to imply that I'm doing 3 sets of my own volition!
  • karensfit4life
    karensfit4life Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    THANKS for all the input!!!!! This sounds like something I would be interested in......