Welcome

Options

Replies

• dlecorchick
    dlecorchick Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I’m Doug. 28 (soon to be 29, Feb 17th) from Clayton, NC.

Currently (1-30-12) I’ve been on MFP for over a month and am down 17lbs and loving it!

I’m a high school teacher and completing a doctorate degree in Technology Education this semester. Yippee!!! I really just got sick and tired of being out of shape!!!

I attend an awesome church, have two amazing sons that I spend every day with, and am passionate about learning in general.

I haven’t dated since getting divorced so … yeah…. You know….

Anyways, looking forward to talking with some of you!
  • srs10123
    Options
    Hey! I'm Samara and have been using MFP for close to a month now, have met some awesome new friends and work out buddies so far and really enjoying getting back in shape. I live in Denver, CO...love my Mile High!
  • DonnaNCgirl
    Options
    Hi. I'm Donna. I've been sober now for....Oh, never mind, wrong group!

Anyway. I've been single again for almost 2 years. I'm older than a lot of you that post regularly but I belong here much more than sitting in a rocking chair crocheting some blanket or sweater.

See you in the forums!
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Hi to all the new peeps! :) And, love the pirate sword Donna!!! :)
  • DonnaNCgirl
    Options
    Hi to all the new peeps! :) And, love the pirate sword Donna!!! :)

And hello to you! The sword was part of a fun day.
  • KatieAwesome627
    KatieAwesome627 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi there, forum.

I am also new here, sort of new to MPF, been on here about 3 weeks. I was brought over here from Reddit's /r/theketodiet sub, and I've been enjoying it thus far. It's nice to see people with similar goals.

So hi, I'm Katie, I'm fairly awesome. 29, from Michigan, have some cats. The usual.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Hi there, forum.

I am also new here, sort of new to MPF, been on here about 3 weeks. I was brought over here from Reddit's /r/theketodiet sub, and I've been enjoying it thus far. It's nice to see people with similar goals.

So hi, I'm Katie, I'm fairly awesome. 29, from Michigan, have some cats. The usual.

Sam and I are also cat ladies (I cheated and have a puppydog too though)

Welcome!
  • davidpearly
    davidpearly Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is David, I am 32. I have never been married and do not have any children. I am from FL. but live in southern MS. I am a full time student working on my B.S. in Computer Science with a minor in Homeland Security. I started MFP on 1/7/13 after a person I met at the gym told me about it. I really enjoy using the app and the website.
    My CW: 286
    1st GW: 275
    2nd GW: 250
    3rd GW: 225
    Final GW (for the time being): 200

I set it at 200 because when I was in the Army and at my fittest that was what I weighed, but I am older now so will adjust as needed when I get to that point.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is David, I am 32. I have never been married and do not have any children. I am from FL. but live in southern MS. I am a full time student working on my B.S. in Computer Science with a minor in Homeland Security. I started MFP on 1/7/13 after a person I met at the gym told me about it. I really enjoy using the app and the website.
    My CW: 286
    1st GW: 275
    2nd GW: 250
    3rd GW: 225
    Final GW (for the time being): 200

I set it at 200 because when I was in the Army and at my fittest that was what I weighed, but I am older now so will adjust as needed when I get to that point.

Welcome David! Crack a beer and make yourself at home :)
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

Laura here. 30.

i love to:

Knit
    Read
    Lift heavy things
    Eat
    Watch movies
    Run races (especially obstacle runs)
    Karaoke
    EAt
    Sleep
    Box
    Eat!
    Be one with nature

Enjoy being single but do sometimes miss having a special someone...

:)
  • ginnettemoskowitz
    ginnettemoskowitz Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I live in PA. I was on myfitnesspal before. I need to lose 20 lbs and tone up. I would love to find people who live in NEPA or the Southern TIer of NY to cheer each other on and possibly work out together.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    *peeks in*

hi!
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm Alan a.k.a. Moya, been on MFP since October.
    Aiming to gain some muscle and some self esteem.
  • Sabs2009
    Sabs2009 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 33 and single. Have a hard time meeting guys around here for some reason (I swear, I'm a lot of fun!!) soooo that's why I'm joining this group. I live in Va Beach, VA and wouldn't mind meeting some workout buddies! Friend me! :smile:
  • escotech2883
    escotech2883 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Im Marc from NY
  • bevkidd1
    bevkidd1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Bev and I'm 49 years old. I was on MFP about 2 yrs ago but I was not ready to make the journey but I am now. I am in Phoenix, Az so I'm hoping to get lots of advice and support along my journey. Nice to meet everyone!
  • sportyfunlady
    sportyfunlady Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Bev, I'm Kathy. I would be happy to support you and would appreciate your support in return. I'm in Ohio and continuing to improve my overall health and wellness. I've used MFP for a few years with success but seem to have lost traction this year. Feel free to friend me.
  • bevkidd1
    bevkidd1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I have really struggled since New Years to get back to eating healthy. Because we still have left overs from our party. I struggle with most foods anyway because i had my gallbladder removed back in October but it doesn't stop me from eating the "bad" food anyway.

I was doing sooo well up until our party, now I can't get back on track. One day at a time I guess.

• TwistedRider
    TwistedRider Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    From Melbourne, Australia. Any other Aussies here?
    I'm a proffessional nerd. But not ruled by it :)

Aiming to get back to a weight i don't cringe when i see on the scales.

Always happy to add new friends and chat.
  • loridawn16701
    loridawn16701 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hey all. I'm newly single after 23 years. Looking for some pals. Thank you