November Exercise Challenge

Options
Something different this time around. Please head to the websites below, there are core and back strengthening exercises and on the other site there are arm strengthening exercises Pick 3 a day to do and alternate your core and arms every other day. Give your muscles time to rest a recover. There are stretches as well on the 1st site a but further down the page, please do at least 10 minutes of stretching a day, 5 minutes before and after workout would be great.
For the core use the repetition guideline included on the site, for arms it should be 3 sets of at least 10, 20 if able.
http://www.bigbackpain.com/back_exercises.html#backstrengtheningexercises
http://www.acefitness.org/exerciselibrary/exercises.aspx?bodypart=2

Also remember to get your cardio in for 1 hour 3 times a week. Walking, running, swimming, skating, dancing, whatever keeps your heartbeat elevated for an hour straight.

Last but not least, drink your water and eat your super foods :) Avoid the foods that make you feel like poo, if you feel bad when eating or after eating it, then do not do it :)

Replies

• BellaBones
    Options
    Monday 60 overhead triceps extension , 60 curls, 60 arm raises. =15 minutes circuit
    1 hour of roller skating (intense) derby practice
    Tuesday 60 wall squats, 60 crunches, 60 reverse crunches = 15 minutes circuit
    1 hour moderate skating (public skate)
    No junk food or chocolate on Tuesday :)
    Wednesday Arms rotation, same as Monday
    45 minutes of roller skating (FlashMOB derby)
    Thursday Squats 60, legs 60
    1.5 hours of intense skating ( derby practice)
    Friday Dips 60, Arms 60, Push Ups 30, Planks 30 seconds 1.
    Stair climbing, 10 minutes.
    Every day I finish I am going to try to post here my accomplishments. I is easy for me to do, and helps keep me accountable. Please do the same if you have time.
  • BellaBones
    Options
    Today I skate in my last bout of the season, will be skating for 75 minutes :) That is my challenge for today.

I have 500 minutes of exercise total for my week :) WEWT!!! Motivate yourself!!!!
  • danamae
    danamae Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Last week was rest week for me so I plan to start tomorrow
  • BellaBones
    Options
    Sounds awesome, can't wait to get this week started :) Today I will work on my legs, back and abs.
  • BellaBones
    Options
    Checking in :) week started at 201 lbs
    Monday 75 minutes of skating
    60 squats 60 crunches 60 reverse crunches
    No junk food, one banana muffin ( it was homemade and delicious).
  • BellaBones
    Options
    Tuesday rocked my socks.
    40 step ups
    60 arm raised
    60 dips
    60 curls
    1 hour of skating intensely :)
  • BellaBones
    Options
    Hey look at me, I am sticking to it!!! you can do the same... but I will do this on my own...

40 squats
    60 crunches
    60 reverse crunches
    1 hour of moderate skating.

Water and fruits not to many veggies today. :(
  • jakmorrison
    Options
    I usually work out 4 times a week, I'm going to continue with my normal strength routine, but I've decided to add two extra days of cardio. So this week I will only have 1 day off of cardio.
  • BellaBones
    Options
    Lunges and jumping jacks.. I am not sure if I will get anything else in today. Oh well, there is always tomorrow.
  • BellaBones
    Options
    Sunday I did extra!!!

Skating 30 minutes
    60 squats
    60 crunches
    10 dips
    10 push ups

:)
  • BellaBones
    Options
    This week I challenge you to stick to your guns and work out extra hard... burn those holiday calories off!!! Starting today and not ending until Sunday!
    Today I am starting with the Chamber at derby practice. An intensely insane hour of laps, planks, squats, dips, step ups, push up, crunches, jumps, lunges... I will burn about 1500 calories tonight... What is something awesome you all have planned to burn those pounds... Come on all what are you doing out there to make it happen !!!! MOTIVATE
  • BellaBones
    Options
    Going to be doing my arms today :) and Skating tonight !!!! WORD! Support and dedicate.
  • BellaBones
    Options
    Did my squats and my crunches... a bit of walking not much... Today there will be no exercise, just turkey
  • BellaBones
    Options
    Back at it... Must get to derby today... going to do my squats, dips, crunches, reverse crunches.

Did it all :) and then some...