Daryl

Options
Qarol
Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
MOD NOTE: Feel free to discuss spoilers in character-specific threads. There's just no getting around it.

I am digging his attitude. He's my favorite character.

Daryl_Dixon_promotional.jpg

Replies

• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Same here. Hated him at first but he's really grown on me. Probably my fave character.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    same here! I really like him now. In the beginning I was kind of hoping hed get eaten.
  • Qarol
    Options
    Waste of an arrow. Love it!
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    He is my favorite...by far! I'm kinda scared how he will act once Merle is back.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Another multi-dimensional character, with obvious flaws, that has redeemed himself on more than one occasion -- like Shane.

Anxious to see what happens when Merle returns, and how it affects their dynamic.
  • _beachgirl_
    Options
    Another multi-dimensional character, with obvious flaws, that has redeemed himself on more than one occasion -- like Shane.

Anxious to see what happens when Merle returns, and how it affects their dynamic.

What are his obvious flaws and how what did he do that he needed to redeem himself? I'm asking because I had this same discussion with my son.
  • Qarol
    Options
    He had a big brother complex in season 1, from what I remember. (Damn, I should have re-watched the entire season again before season 2 started.)
  • CaptainGordo
    Options

What are his obvious flaws and how what did he do that he needed to redeem himself? I'm asking because I had this same discussion with my son.
    The symbol on the gas tank of his bike is a Nazi symbol (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schutzstaffel). One would presume that he is a racist, or at least has racist leanings.

darryl-ss-chopper.jpg

Redeemed himself saving T-Dog (an African-American that one could say was responsible for Daryl's brother being trapped on the roof in Season 1) twice in a row when he got cut on the highway as a horde was coming through.
  • Qarol
    Options
    I like to think he didn't much have a mind of his own while his brother was around...at least, that's my hope. When/if Merle comes back should be riveting.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    I like to think he didn't much have a mind of his own while his brother was around...at least, that's my hope. When/if Merle comes back should be riveting.
    Sunday, hopefully! :drinker:
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options

Thats what I think too. Merle coming back is going to shake that up! Yeah!
  • _beachgirl_
    Options
    That is Merle's bike.
  • mikajoanow
    mikajoanow Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Me too! If I was there, I would feel the most safe with him.
  • mikajoanow
    mikajoanow Posts: 584 Member
    Options

Thats what I think too. Merle coming back is going to shake that up! Yeah!
    My husband and I have been waiting to see him again! lol
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    That is Merle's bike.
    Oh snap! You're right. My bad.

Found this from the Walking Dead wiki:
    It is unknown whether or not Daryl is racist like Merle, but unlikely, as none of his insults to T-Dog were racist like Merle's. However, when the argument over who would tell him Merle was left behind came into question, Glenn said the news might sound better coming from a white guy, implying that Daryl may be a bit racist. If he is, he is apparently not as racist as Merle. He does tell Glenn that he has "got a lot of balls for a Chinaman" even though Glenn is Korean, but Daryl does seem upset when Glenn is captured. Furthermore, in Season 2 "What Lies Ahead," Daryl risks his own life during a zombie herd to save a severely bleeding T-Dog from pursuing zombies.
    So, he's just a little rough around the edges. I have enjoyed his character, especially last Sunday.
  • _beachgirl_
    Options
    That is Merle's bike.
    Oh snap! You're right. My bad.

Found this from the Walking Dead wiki:
    It is unknown whether or not Daryl is racist like Merle, but unlikely, as none of his insults to T-Dog were racist like Merle's. However, when the argument over who would tell him Merle was left behind came into question, Glenn said the news might sound better coming from a white guy, implying that Daryl may be a bit racist. If he is, he is apparently not as racist as Merle. He does tell Glenn that he has "got a lot of balls for a Chinaman" even though Glenn is Korean, but Daryl does seem upset when Glenn is captured. Furthermore, in Season 2 "What Lies Ahead," Daryl risks his own life during a zombie herd to save a severely bleeding T-Dog from pursuing zombies.

So, he's just a little rough around the edges. I have enjoyed his character, especially last Sunday.

I think Daryl is guilty by association. I don't recall them ever showing him doing anything bad in the past or present.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Glen is my fav but Darly is def growing on me also.
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    yea love him now i actually think most of us thought he was a jerk at first but if you go back and think about it when he was being a "jerk" he did just find out his brother was left to die and no matter who you are you would be pissed and the only other thing was wanting to kill the other guy in first season when he got bit and i agreed with him it was a danger specially if he died in the rv and no one was paying attention lol
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Oh, if it weren't for the Daryl and Glen, I'm not sure i would even like the show. They are my favorite in the series right now.
  • Clever_Girl
    Options
    Daryl is by far my favorite. His character is never boring and never predictable, which I LOVE! I'm interested to see if Merle coming back is real or if it's some sort of a "vision" if that makes sense.

With his dedicated hunt for Sophie, i'm wondering if he had a kid at some point. Maybe that was part of season one that I missed, who knows.