Daryl

Options

Replies

• Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    same here! I really like him now. In the beginning I was kind of hoping hed get eaten.

Lol! Guilty confession: I hoped he'd get eaten! I like his character now.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Daryl is my favorite!!! I really hope he doesn't get eaten now... but I think Merle will turn on him and somehow screw him over.

Glenn is up there.. but I like Shane more. all the ladies in the show can just be eaten.. there is not ONE strong female character!! They are all whiny and I want them all to get eaten.
  • jls1661
    jls1661 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I'm with the majority here. I couldn't stand him at first, now I adore him! I was truly shocked last episode during the flower scene. When he was telling the legend of the Cherokee Rose, it was definatley a new side of him.
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Daryl was definitely less likable when his brother was around. I'm excited to see how Merle's return changes the dynamics of the group. While I think the attitude of "we should all get along and help each other" is great in theory it's not necessarily the best for survival. Merle's cutthroat thinking is what got him from being on top of a building that was swarmed by zombies (without one hand none the less!) to finding his way back to the group (I'm assuming).

My opinion of Daryl is definitely biased because I've had a huge crush on Norman Reedus since Boondock Saints.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Oh, if it weren't for the Daryl and Glen, I'm not sure i would even like the show. They are my favorite in the series right now.

^^ This. Except I'd stil like the show but I'm biased towards just about anything with zombies.
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options

My opinion of Daryl is definitely biased because I've had a huge crush on Norman Reedus since Boondock Saints.

THIS! LOL
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options

THIS! LOL

yessss
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    The symbol on the gas tank of his bike is a Nazi symbol (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schutzstaffel). One would presume that he is a racist, or at least has racist leanings.

darryl-ss-chopper.jpg

Redeemed himself saving T-Dog (an African-American that one could say was responsible for Daryl's brother being trapped on the roof in Season 1) twice in a row when he got cut on the highway as a horde was coming through.

Another interpretation of it is the fact that it is used by certain groups to indicate somebody that has murdered for the group.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hells_Angels#Insignia

Considering it's presence on a motorbike would this not be perhaps the more accurate meaning of it in this case?

That presence of the symbol actually raises two questions:
    (1) is it actually his motorbike or is it just something he found?
    (2) if he owns it, does that mean he has a murky past?

The presence of it on the motorbike just adds to the complexity of his character. Does it reflect him? What/who is he? Is he a racist? Is he a killer?

Edited to say: I just wanted to check the internet before posting about the second interpretation of the "lightening flashes" to see if the meaning of it was in the public domain. :laugh:
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    The symbol on the gas tank of his bike is a Nazi symbol (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schutzstaffel). One would presume that he is a racist, or at least has racist leanings.

darryl-ss-chopper.jpg

Redeemed himself saving T-Dog (an African-American that one could say was responsible for Daryl's brother being trapped on the roof in Season 1) twice in a row when he got cut on the highway as a horde was coming through.
    That presence of the symbol actually raises two questions:
    (1) is it actually his motorbike or is it just something he found?
    (2) if he owns it, does that mean he has a murky past?

The presence of it on the motorbike just adds to the complexity of his character. Does it reflect him? What/who is he? Is he a racist?
    Someone pointed out in the first page of comments that the bike belonged to his brother Merle. My bad.
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    Someone pointed out in the first page of comments that the bike belonged to his brother Merle. My bad.

You were too quick. See my edited response about the meaning of the symbols. :laugh:
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    I love Daryl even more after the Chupacabra episode! He is the baddest mfer on the show! I know he will be the one to find the girl.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Daryl was fantastic last night!
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    He is definately the one I want on my side during the Zombie Apocolypse. I'm developing a huge crush on him!!
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    My opinion of Daryl -
    "OMG NORMAN REEDUS I LOVE YOU"
    *points to profile pics and brags about meeting Norm*

My opinion of the character beyond that

"Thank you guys for throwing me, as a comic reader, for a total loop by throwing in a complicated character like this"
  • Jovialation
    Jovialation Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    tumblr_luoneqHXn61qf8s5z.gif

this moment, you guys. THIS MOMENT.
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options

Same here!
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Daryl is by far my favorite. His character is never boring and never predictable, which I LOVE! I'm interested to see if Merle coming back is real or if it's some sort of a "vision" if that makes sense.

With his dedicated hunt for Sophie, i'm wondering if he had a kid at some point. Maybe that was part of season one that I missed, who knows.

Look at you!! You nailed it with the "Vision thing" Meryl is such a creep.

And what was up with Daryl calling Carol a dumb b!tch in the stable? ( I got kinda pissed at him for that one)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I didn't like Daryl feeling the need to remind Carol that Sophia was her daughter. My reaction would have been, thank you captain obvious. I liked her reaction. Her daughter died a while ago. Her daughter wasn't out there suffering. I can see how Daryl would not agree with that reaction, but I didn't like his reaction to her reaction. If that makes sense...
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    I didn't like Daryl feeling the need to remind Carol that Sophia was her daughter. My reaction would have been, thank you captain obvious. I liked her reaction. Her daughter died a while ago. Her daughter wasn't out there suffering. I can see how Daryl would not agree with that reaction, but I didn't like his reaction to her reaction. If that makes sense...

Haha, yea. I blame the writers. :wink:

We all mourn in our own ways. And I agree, I liked her reaction. It was very practical.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Haha, yea. I blame the writers. :wink:

We all mourn in our own ways. And I agree, I liked her reaction. It was very practical.
    It was. But in a way, it was to comfort herself. I cannot imagine a mother losing her child. To cope, it probably helps her to think that Sophia wasn't out there night after night, hungry and lonely and sad.

Stupid writers! :wink: