Are you counting calories?

Options
2»

Replies

• pork_belly
    Options
    I don't count calories but since MFP does I note them. My main metric is carb intake.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    To add, when I'm at goal I plan to only count carbs to see if I can maintain that way. If weight creeps back on I'll have to start tracking again. I don't want to be a slave to calorie counting forever! :smile:
  • nomoremuffintop42
    nomoremuffintop42 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    i have been doing induction for the last few weeks with a few burps with thanksgiving and other things going on in my life..i am at 1600 cals and 20 carbs..sometimes i go over my carbs but hardly ever go over 1000 cals when i am true to plan. I sometimes feel like I might be doing things wrong since i am getting so low cals...any suggestions??
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I am new to Atkins and I am currently following the 1500 calorie diet 20 net grams of carbs (induction). I believe the calorie range for women on atkins (not inlcuding activity level) is 1500-1800 calories per day.

Hi! I don't recall Atkins setting a calorie goal. You're really not supposed to count calories just carbs. That said, I pay attention to what my daily calorie's end up being on here, but I only track carbs on Atkins. My calories always end up between 1300 and 1700 a day.
  • punkinbaby1
    punkinbaby1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    On the low carb i find l am not hungry.........and sometimes hardly reach 900 cals........could this b why i am stuck? i keep going between same 2 lbs for last 4 weeks!! my carb is between 20-40
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    On the low carb i find l am not hungry.........and sometimes hardly reach 900 cals........could this b why i am stuck? i keep going between same 2 lbs for last 4 weeks!! my carb is between 20-40

Definitely! When I wasn't logging cals I was eating too little and frustrated I kept gaining and losing the same 4lbs. I upped my cals to at least my BMR, and I started to lose steadily.
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options

If you're on Atkins, he suggest that if you're stalling drink more water, make sure you're getting the majority of your carbs from veggies and salads, and cut back on sugar alcohols and things made with artificial sweeteners. Maybe go back to strict Induction (20 net carbs a day).
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options

If you're on Atkins, he suggest that if you're stalling drink more water, make sure you're getting the majority of your carbs from veggies and salads, and cut back on sugar alcohols and things made with artificial sweeteners. Maybe go back to strict Induction (20 net carbs a day).
    Too much artificial sweeteners, nuts and dairy can definitely stall weight loss. Limit those for awhile and see if that helps. If that doesn't work, and you're already keeping between 20 and 40 grams and eating at least 1400 calories, you might even think about upping your carbs by 5 to see if that helps, too. I know it does for some people. Keep switching things up until you find a combination that works.
  • ondogirl
    ondogirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am new to Atkins and I am currently following the 1500 calorie diet 20 net grams of carbs (induction). I believe the calorie range for women on atkins (not inlcuding activity level) is 1500-1800 calories per day.

Edit: I recently reduced my calories to 800-1000 per day. I am under my doctor's supervision.
  • Dundreggen
    Dundreggen Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    yes I am. I find rich meaty foods far too tasty lol. I will eat more than I need at times.

Also I am trying to keep my keto ratios good, which is easier to do if you set a goal for calories as MFP then tells you how much of everything you need to meet the ratios.