Restaurants in Ohio

Options
calliope_music
calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
what are some your favorite healthy places to eat and why?

my top ones:

1. Tommy's - Cleveland Heights, OH: i am obsessed with Tommy's! they are a vegetarian/vegan restaurant (with meat options available) that just make quality food - a lot of it is comfort food too, but healthier. lots of whole grains, brown rice, beans, etc. their fries are killer (but you have to split them with at least another person because you won't be able to finish them) and they make milkshakes to die for (again, split them with another person, they're huge!). you can certainly get unhealthy options here too (like the ones i just mentioned) but they make great salads, soups, and sandwiches.

2. Aladdin's - Cleveland Heights, Lakewood, and i think there's one in Columbus: amazing Middle Eastern food! their portions are huge so i always have another meal. great ingredients, huge variety, lots of flavor.

Replies

• bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Frischs is my family favorite because of the kids and being affordable and I can always find something healthy for me, nothing fancy just affordable on a small budget and my family size, and I love my subway
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I dont have a favorite healthy place, but I do have a favorite. It is The Works in Loveland, Ohio. It is Lovelands old Water Plant turned into brick oven pizza place. Soo yummy and so much history in the building.
  • camckinney
    camckinney Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    We used to live in Dayton and our favorites when we are there to visit family is Golden Nugget and Marion's Pizza. Golden Nugget's potato soup is amazing and their fish sandwich. We used to eat there all the time when we lived there and when we visit they still know who we are and what we order. Sad, so sad. LOL. Let's just say Marion's is the best pizza around if you like thin crust! YUMMY.

We live in the Canton area now which is restaurant haven or should I say heaven (can you tell I don't like to cook) LOL. Not sure I really have a favorite that isn't a chain. Wait....Two Fat Guys (ribs, chicken, etc) and the mexican restaurants!

Welp now I'm hungry!
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    My best friends dad owns a pizza shop in West Jefferson call Bambinos. They have the most amazing pizza as well. It has the best crunch to the crust.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I will have to second Marion's Piazza in the Dayton area...I also love Skyline Chili...in terms of healthy, I tend to stick to anyplace to sells sea food (Ruby Tuesdays, Red Lobster, Jay's Restaurant in Dayton) or anyplace that has grilled chicken tenders (I enjoy Buffalo Wild Wings...more for the sauces than anything).
  • RoosterB
    RoosterB Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Nicholson's downtown Cincy, or the Lube in Milford.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    I don't have healthy options to contribute but Cousin Vinney's pizza in Dayton is pretty good. They have a $10.99 special that includes a large one-topping, breadsticks, and 2 drinks. Plus, they deliver until 4am on the weekends. :)

Tank's is a bar in Dayton that has pretty good biscuits and gravy. I've heard their chili is amazing but have never tried it.
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Hands down, Northstar in Columbus. Great food, mostly organic, affordable, and best ever reasonable calories!!! Love it!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    I know of no where healthy in Dayton! LOOOL!!!!!!!! I have to fight my family every time I go home! Grocery store is it.
  • lailenm
    lailenm Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Skyline is a Cincinnati tradition! I can't stand how greasy Gold Star is. Skyline all the way! Also, I have to say Graeter's Ice Cream, even though its purely sinful. They have the biggest chocolate "chips" I've ever laid eyes on.
  • tgarkiller
    Options
    Hands down, Northstar in Columbus. Great food, mostly organic, affordable, and best ever reasonable calories!!! Love it!

I am definitely a fan of Northstar..did you know they recently opened one up in Easton?..its across from the Melting Pot...best veggie burger!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I really do not know of any "healthy" restaurants close to where I live. But, when it comes to pizza...Al's is the best. There is one in Sidney and another in Troy.
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Well... sushi may not be for everyone, but it's definitely a healthy eat-out option. There's a great little place called Edamame at Easton, behind the Trader Joe's in the same strip as the Hallmark store. They do buy-one-get-one half off rolls Mon-Wed, and have free WiFi, plus just a cute atmosphere. The food is great, and they have more than just sushi. :)
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    Sushi is definately for me. I LOVE it. Is this in Columbus?
  • Nikkie_too
    Nikkie_too Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Sushi is definately for me. I LOVE it. Is this in Columbus?

Oh! Yes... I should have been more specific! :blushing:
  • Swissmiss
    Options
    I am going to leave Ohio for a minute and tell you about a restaurant in Tampa that my son takes me to when I visit him. It is a Chinese Buffet with sushi. All you can eat...heavenly !!!!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    I am going to leave Ohio for a minute and tell you about a restaurant in Tampa that my son takes me to when I visit him. It is a Chinese Buffet with sushi. All you can eat...heavenly !!!!

There's one like this in Kettering on Stroop. It's a Chinese buffet but they also have a hibachi grill and sushi bar. I haven't done the hibachi thing but the sushi is pretty good!
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Steamers in North Lima, Ohio!
    Best Crab Bisque ever!
    Blackened Tuna salads are awesome as are their chicken and greens, and many, many other items. I've had a lot of different salads, specialty items and various regular menu meals and haven't had anything bad yet. Believe me, I eat there often.
  • 139pilotwife
    139pilotwife Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Quaker Steak and Lube! Love the wing sauces on their boneless wings.
  • suzzee2000
    suzzee2000 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I dont have a favorite healthy place, but I do have a favorite. It is The Works in Loveland, Ohio. It is Lovelands old Water Plant turned into brick oven pizza place. Soo yummy and so much history in the building.

I didn't realize that place was there I'm gonna have to stop in next time I'm in Cincinnati!!!! Thanks!