Restaurants in Ohio

Options

Replies

• garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Cassano's PIZZA!!!!!!!!!! I love being home!!!! CHOMP CHOMP!!!!!!!!!
  • columbus27
    columbus27 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I 2nd that Cassano's in Dayton. I love the small squares and the salty crust.
  • CEQuick75
    CEQuick75 Posts: 311 Member
    Options

I was waiting for someone to mention Cassano's! So glad I'm an hour away from the nearest one...any closer and this diet would be in trouble!
  • misscherrydarling85
    misscherrydarling85 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I live in the Cleveland area, there's a place in Parma called Hot Dog Diner....SOOO good! Its a little privately owned fast food place, my husband and I go there like once a week or two.

There's another place in Stow that's called Old Carolina BBQ....soo soo good!
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I live in the Cleveland area, there's a place in Parma called Hot Dog Diner....SOOO good! Its a little privately owned fast food place, my husband and I go there like once a week or two.

There's another place in Stow that's called Old Carolina BBQ....soo soo good!

Thanks for sharing...always looking for good BBQ!
  • pixiehicks07
    pixiehicks07 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ok so I am out in the boonies and am hours away from all of the places that are mentioned on here! I would like to know about some places in maybe Wooster or Akron! There is this pasta place in Barberton called Parasson's. They have other locations too but not really sure where and if you want some dessert their Chocolate Lava Cake w/Ice Cream is AWESOME and addictive! LOL Other than that all the other main places have been talked about already, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, and Logan's. Like I said before, if anyone hears of a place in or near Wooster or Akron please let me know! Thanks a bunch!
  • _Johanna_
    _Johanna_ Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Since vacation season is hitting, I'd like to suggest some places up near the Lake Erie Islands!

In a town called Port Clinton, you can get some of the best local perch and walleye at the Jolly Roger - absolutely excellent!

A little further down between Port Clinton and Marblehead (Catawba Island area) , check out Mon A Mi's restaurant and winery - VERY good stuff and Saturdays, they have a seafood buffet that is AMAZING! This is a fancier place to eat though, so you won't be doing it on the cheap!

Just outside of Marblehead in the "Fort", which is really just a campground, there is a restaurant out there that serves an amazing breakfast

If you are heading out to the islands, then JF Walleye's on Middle Bass Island is nice and has a great wading pool in the back, so grab a drink and dip your feet into the pool or relax while the kiddos splash around!

On Kelley's Island, we always grab some perch or walleye at the Village Pump - the perch tacos are excellent!

If you are spending time on Put In Bay, and I do recommend that you do this, the Boardwalk is a must - get yourself some lobster bisque in a bread bowl. yeah, I know....lobster bisque in the middle of a fresh water lake? Absolutely! Plus, the view of the bay is amazing! For breakfast, check out Pasquele's and if you need some pizza, there's Frosty's is pretty good!

I don't believe that much of this is healthy, but for crying out loud, you are by a lake! Go fishing, or on a walk, or go to the beach and swim a bit - work off all that amazing food, and have a great time!
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Yeah,... that "healthy" idea,... nope. LOL!!!!

Here's my list:
    Montgomery Inn, and Mitchells Fish Market!!!

The last two times I've been to Mitchells (West Chester location... but I've been to the one outside of the Newport Aquarium once, too), I've gotten a fresh choice of fish, grilled, and some steamed veggies. My whole entree was less than 400 calories.

Then again.... the 7-layer Carrot cake (and literally, that bastahd weighs at least 20lbs if you get the entire cake made.... we had one for our grooms cake at our wedding) is NOT diet friendly :)

As for Montgomery Inn.... never count calories. You've gotta get the full slab o' ribs, plus a beer, plus their mac and cheese. End of discussion. (Oh, and their white lava cake with "caramel lava" makes me just squeal!!!!!)

I'm another "north of Dayton" baby, and I can't forget Mel-O-Dee with their broasted chicken and their Big Boy knockoff, the Mel-o-Burger. Plus, fresh made bread, cole slaw, and ranch dressing..... drool.

For Italian, you've gotta hit up Troy's square to La Piazza. Such a beautiful little place!

And I'm also near "Miller Lane" off 75... (For those not too familiar, it's the exit just South of the intersection of 70 and 75. Hubby and I will go to Smoky Bones for a great, late night half priced appetizer meal, and the newly renovated El Toro (the old Don Pablo's) is wonderful, authentic Mexican.

Roosters. IMO, much better than Frickers. Chunk comparison: there is none. It's at least double the size at Roosters. Plus, hello!! FRIED MAC AND CHEESE!!!!!!!!

My favorite Waffle House EVER is off of I70 at the St rt 202 exit, right next to Target in Huber Heights. Ask for Rita. (night shift)

And last, but not least,.... YOUNGS DAIRY. At least there's a little bit of a walk between the meal that will make you unbutton your pants to the Ice Cream barn!! :)
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Gah! I can't believe I forgot!! If you EVER get the chance to go to Valley Vineyards in Mason, DO IT!!! It's such a great, affordable date night! For $60 a couple, you get a bottle of their homemade wine (after taste testing their selection!), choice of steak or salmon, and you get to grill it outside on their huge grill under what seems to be a carport. The meal also comes with a salad bar, a side dish bar (it varies, but there were steamed veggies, mashed potatoes, etc when I went) bread, and a dessert buffet. Such a great time if you can get a group date night out there!
  • mikeyboy
    Options
    Since vacation season is hitting, I'd like to suggest some places up near the Lake Erie Islands!

In a town called Port Clinton, you can get some of the best local perch and walleye at the Jolly Roger - absolutely excellent!

A little further down between Port Clinton and Marblehead (Catawba Island area) , check out Mon A Mi's restaurant and winery - VERY good stuff and Saturdays, they have a seafood buffet that is AMAZING! This is a fancier place to eat though, so you won't be doing it on the cheap!

Just outside of Marblehead in the "Fort", which is really just a campground, there is a restaurant out there that serves an amazing breakfast

If you are heading out to the islands, then JF Walleye's on Middle Bass Island is nice and has a great wading pool in the back, so grab a drink and dip your feet into the pool or relax while the kiddos splash around!

On Kelley's Island, we always grab some perch or walleye at the Village Pump - the perch tacos are excellent!

If you are spending time on Put In Bay, and I do recommend that you do this, the Boardwalk is a must - get yourself some lobster bisque in a bread bowl. yeah, I know....lobster bisque in the middle of a fresh water lake? Absolutely! Plus, the view of the bay is amazing! For breakfast, check out Pasquele's and if you need some pizza, there's Frosty's is pretty good!

I don't believe that much of this is healthy, but for crying out loud, you are by a lake! Go fishing, or on a walk, or go to the beach and swim a bit - work off all that amazing food, and have a great time!

One other place in Port Clinton worth a stop is Papa Jimmy's right downtown. Real good BBQ and the potato cust pizza is awesome.
  • LiftBigtoGetFit
    LiftBigtoGetFit Posts: 3,399 Member
    Options
    Kewpee and Fat Jacks in Lima, Ohio. I know a lot of people that have to eat there when they come to town.
  • emanna11
    emanna11 Posts: 57
    Options
    Anyone heard of Fatheads in Republic? Def not a healthy place, but good all the same. Where I am from we would have to drive at least an hour to get to a town big enough to have a "healthy" place like the ones you were talking about in the Short North. Chances are, if we are going to Columbus (nearest town bige enough to have the healthier options), we are going for an event and there is probably food there. Too bad, because I have heard all kinds of great things about the Short North.
  • breathless575
    breathless575 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My favorite place to eat in Dayton is Coco's Bistro. I also like the Butter Cafe and Tank's for breakfast. There is a great breakfast place in Yellow Springs called The Sunrise Cafe. In Tipp City, I like the Coldwater Cafe. None of these places are considered healthy, but they're not bad. I guess it depends what you order.
  • sweetbippy
    sweetbippy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    In Tippecanoe, The Coldwater Cafe has some healthy and delicious options. I love their Grilled Salmon on greens. Sushi, done the Japanese way, and not Americanized (read, with cream cheese and deep fried) is healthy. There's a great place in Huber Heights, Osaka. Bonus, the owners are very friendly and will make to order. Thai 9 in Dayton has some great, healthy choices. Now, if healthy is not your objective, I love the Spaghetti Warehouse in downtown Dayton. Great atmosphere, and tasty Italian food.
  • sweetbippy
    sweetbippy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Try Sunrise Cafe in Yellow Springs. They offer organic.
  • Brighteyes9
    Brighteyes9 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Boathouse BBQ in Marietta! Yummmmooo!
  • mikeyboy
    Options
    Anyone heard of Fatheads in Republic? Def not a healthy place, but good all the same. Where I am from we would have to drive at least an hour to get to a town big enough to have a "healthy" place like the ones you were talking about in the Short North. Chances are, if we are going to Columbus (nearest town bige enough to have the healthier options), we are going for an event and there is probably food there. Too bad, because I have heard all kinds of great things about the Short North.

I have been to Fathead's a few times. I'm from Fremont so not too far.
  • Ginnylitz
    Options
    I agree! Northstar Cafe!
  • heidibowling
    heidibowling Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    The Loving Hut is a vegan restaurant in Reynoldsburg, Ohio (just east of Columbus) and the food is super healthy and even more delicious than you can imagine! My husband and I used to be vegan for awhile, but we still LOVE going here. The service is great, and even our 4 year old loved the soy nuggets that she ate. Here's a link if you want to check out the menu or get directions. http://lovinghut.us/reynoldsburg_01/about.html
  • muacrazy
    muacrazy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    There is also a Loving Hut in the Dayton Mall food court! Odd place for it, but it is nice to have a really healthy food court option.