Being Single SUCKS because...

Options
scapez
scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
Discuss!

Replies

• JThomas61
    Options
    I spend most of my time alone! I am always suspicious of women and their motives. Mainly due to the fact that I have my own home, vehicles and am not to awful bad on the eyes.
  • scapez
    Options
    I wouldn't say I suspicious of others right off the bat, but it does suck being on your own a lot. I've spent most of this year exercising, and while that's been AWESOME, I've done so much of that alone - which sucks!!

If it helps Jeff, I don't think all single women looks at homes, cars, etc., especially when they're in their 40s/50s and established. I personally don't have 'motives' other than (hopefully someday) meeting a great guy that I'm compatible with!

Let your guard down a little! :)
  • AccordingtoTodd
    AccordingtoTodd Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    it sucks because you have no one to celebrate the little things in life with. A cup of coffee, a walk, reading the paper together, just little things. A lot of little things grows into a big thing, and the big thing is what we are all looking for
  • scapez
    Options
    Mainly due to the fact that I have my own home, vehicles and have an awesome back.

*fixed that for ya. :laugh:
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    It sucks 'cause it's so damn lonesome. I barely have friends as it is. And not having anyone who appreciates you for who you are, and is there for you, and all that other stuff that goes with it.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Edit: Damnit, think I accidentally double-clicked
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Sucks when it is cold outside...and you dont have that other special person to keep you warm......womp womp womp!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Sucks when it is cold outside...and you dont have that other special person to keep you warm......womp womp womp!

Yep the power of the cuddle.. now that's serious business there!
  • robinaddison
    robinaddison Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    ...um...actually it doesnt?
    Let me see - I leave for work, the house is still clean when I get home. No dirty sox on the floor
    Can take a bath for hours if I want with no one banging on the door
    Can eat pretzels for dinner if that's what appeals
    Can spend the day in my PJ's and no one calls me lazy
    Companionship - I have some incredible friends. Sex? Yeah OK that part does kind of suck, but really, the rest of life...I dunno if I'd ever change back!!
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    It would be nice to have someone to come home to that's happy to see me besides my dog. I would like to have companionship, someone to share every day things with. Someone to love and be loved by. :)
  • JThomas61
    Options
    Mainly due to the fact that I have my own home, vehicles and have an awesome back.

*fixed that for ya. :laugh:

LOL thank you, I thought I typed it wrong the first time.
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    it sucks because you have no one to celebrate the little things in life with. A cup of coffee, a walk, reading the paper together, just little things. A lot of little things grows into a big thing, and the big thing is what we are all looking for

^Agree.
  • scapez
    Options
    I mostly miss having a snuggle buddy - the cats just don't cut it in that regard. :laugh:

Seriously, just having someone to share life with - someone that always has your back...that's what I miss being single. :heart:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    It sucks not having some one to walk with in the fields and woods here,holding hands with them,talking.
    Spending a quiet evening on the couch watching a movie with her head on a shoulder.

The sex part (lack of) is its own thing but honestly not as big a deal as the overall being alone part is.
  • purplebabe2025
    purplebabe2025 Posts: 383 Member
    Options

This and more. Too many to elaborate but this.
    All friends and family notice you're the only 1 left!
    BIG FAMILY!!!
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    ...of all the "oh poor you, you're single and 29" looks.
    ...you feel like crap when a close friend announces an engagement or pregnancy.
  • JThomas61
    Options
    I mostly miss having a snuggle buddy - the cats just don't cut it in that regard. :laugh:

Seriously, just having someone to share life with - someone that always has your back...that's what I miss being single. :heart:

Why does it keep coming back to the "BACK", lol
  • scapez
    Options
    Why does it keep coming back to the "BACK", lol

I was thinking that as I was typing it out...it must be my subliminal mind taking over! :laugh:
  • complete_tease
    complete_tease Posts: 214 Member
    Options

^^THIS!
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options

Yep the power of the cuddle.. now that's serious business there!

Hahah indeed!