Being Single SUCKS because...

Options

Replies

• jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    SEX!!!!!!! batteries only cut so much lol
    Being the 3rd wheel when hanging out
    People constantly trying to pair me up with any single male they know wether we have anything in common or not.:grumble:
  • kimletton11
    kimletton11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    ...all my friends are in relationships and have kids.
    ...I hate going places by myself all the time.
    ...I'm sick of going on first dates.
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    watching a movie by myself gets lonesome
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Feeling lonely and bored. Wanting to go out but having no one to go with. Yeah... that.
  • nananie2
    nananie2 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    It doesn't suck that bad honestly...

But I really do hate first dates.

Could we skip that part, please? ;-)
  • FireMama_24
    FireMama_24 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    ...all my friends are in relationships and have kids.
    ...I hate going places by myself all the time.
    ...I'm sick of going on first dates.

Totally have to agree on these!! Plus I love snuggling

But I do like the single life when it comes to girls nights out and enjoying my life the way I want it.
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    So many reasons

Sometimes you're just tired of not having companionship
    Getting suck having to figure out who you want to go do things with
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm okay with the day-to-day part of being single. I am so busy with my work that I don't have much time to feel lonely. For me, it's the bigger things like having someone to take to a wedding or a family gathering. I've been single for a long time (my choice) and I'm sick of my family asking me about it. And I'm kind of surprised that since I decided this past spring that I might be ready for a relationship, it hasn't happened yet. It's much harder to meet someone when you're in your 40s it seems.

I'm still alone. And I went to two weddings this summer alone.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    But I really do hate first dates.
    Could we skip that part, please? ;-)

Ick...I know what you mean!
  • jaxnjojosmama
    jaxnjojosmama Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm okay with the day-to-day part of being single. I am so busy with my work that I don't have much time to feel lonely. For me, it's the bigger things like having someone to take to a wedding or a family gathering. I've been single for a long time (my choice) and I'm sick of my family asking me about it. And I'm kind of surprised that since I decided this past spring that I might be ready for a relationship, it hasn't happened yet. It's much harder to meet someone when you're in your 40s it seems.

I agree about the age thing... I'm 39 and it seems that the only guys I meet are either way to young (and immature) and don't want the ready-made family, or are too close to my parents' age and I just can't do that! I struggle the most with finding guys in the 30-40 range who accept my kids (and don't want any of their own, since I can't have any more). Ahhh.. and the snuggling. Miss it so.
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options

Quoting myself lol. When I said I was surprised it hadn't happened yet, I wasn't being uppity, saying that I am so great I can't believe all the men don't want me! I meant that six years ago when I decided to get off the dating scene and focus on my sons, I didn't know it would be this hard to get back into it. Just wanted to clarify!
  • juliasnewlife
    juliasnewlife Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Loneliness.
    Getting back into the dating circle after having been out of it for so many years.
  • Kaytee233
    Kaytee233 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    This thread is depressing! ha! But, I agree with what most of you are saying! Loneliness is no fun.
  • Skinny_Mocha
    Skinny_Mocha Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    One that's really getting to me lately:

My family is sharing the costs of SEVERAL group presents and parties. They all have two incomes, but the cost is being split equally among households - even though I'm the only single (and the only non-recipient of these presents and parties).

Feels so good to vent that somewhere!
  • leslyta
    Options
    There's a few good things about being single!! I was in a relationship for a long time, and just got divorced in February!! I have dated since then but it seems like since getting divorced I think ab not getting too attached too soon!! Most of my girlfriends are single and we're all in our 20s so we tend to go out a lot, which makes things easier. Sadly I do miss having someone to cuddle with!! :)
  • allaboutaleah
    Options
    It just SUCKS:cry:
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    It just SUCKS:cry:

I feel that!:
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    This thread is depressing! ha!

Precisely why I made the "Being Single ROCKS because..." thread. I didn't want this to become depressing! IMO there can be both good and not-so-great aspects of being single.
  • zozilla09
    zozilla09 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I mostly miss having a snuggle buddy - the cats just don't cut it in that regard. :laugh:

Seriously, just having someone to share life with - someone that always has your back...that's what I miss being single. :heart:

I agree....my cats are only so much company. Plus...I don't want to turn into the old crazy cat lady. My max is 3...lol I just miss having someone to share ALL of life with...the good/bad/ugly. I keep hoping that my 'true' special someone is still out there and that they are looking for and wanting me as much as I do them.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I spend most of my time alone! I am always suspicious of women and their motives. Mainly due to the fact that I have my own home, vehicles and am not to awful bad on the eyes.

Where are you again??? I own my home, drive a Lexus, have a decent job.......

I can't find a guy with a job period!!!!!