Introductions

Options
Just throwing up a first topic anyone that joins and would like to introduce themselves please feel free to do so here. I'm Michael, obviously have been lifting for about 4 years was once nearly considered obese. I decided I needed to make a serious change for myself and my health's sake I began controlling my eating portions and exercising regularly. After losing nearly 70 lbs I decided to take on another challenge which was to start adding on some size (muscle) to my physique. I've been avidly lifting for nearly 4 years now and can't get enough of the lifestyle. That brings us to present day and here I am just thought I'd give everyone a little background story on me!

Replies

• sunnybrunette126
    sunnybrunette126 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm Mel. I joined this because I need to do something about my weight. I was diagnosed with asthma recently and my first severe attack was a wake up call. I just need to be around positive people who are also trying to get fit or have gotten fit like you! Your story makes it believable that you can lose weight the old fashioned way. So thanks for the group!
  • cirellim
    cirellim Posts: 269
    Options
    No problem at all, thanks for joining just want somewhere that people can turn for some real answers. There's too much misinformation floating around these days and I'll be more than happy to dispel any type of non sense that people may have received from someone else. I'm deeply sorry to hear about the asthma, look at as another challenge though. I always say God will never present you with something he doesn't believe you can handle. Any questions, topics, or issues you may have feel free to throw them up on the group page and me or anyone else will be sure to guide in the right direction. You're right you can lose weight the old fashion way just takes a lot of dedication, motivation, and support from people around you, which is in part what I made this group for!