What's your favorite place in CA and why?

Options
TDGee
TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
With an unprecedented number of things to do in our great State, what are your favorite places? Discuss.

Replies

• MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Santa Barbara. It is everything beautiful and historic about California and the weather is *perfection* (Anything further south is dead to me :tongue: )

Lake Tahoe is a close second! Skiing, gambling, summertime fun - how can you go wrong??

And, of course, San Francisco - where my heart is :heart:
  • Clever_Girl
    Options
    Hands down Yosemite. Never in my life have I ever been to such an amazing place.

San Diego is a great place to visit, weather is great and the beaches are warm!

Saint Helena/Napa is wonderful as well. Wine tasting, hot air balloon rides, good eats. So relaxing!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Santa Barbara is nice but I've got nightmares from State St....

I've got some really great memories from Long Beach though... so I guess right now its LB.
  • kateopotato
    kateopotato Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    my bed... because it's so comfy and where I wanna be right now! lol

j/k

in all honesty I love the tahoe area in Summertime. It's never too hot and there is so much beauty to see and things to do outside!

I also love anywhere my friends are! Which is all over the state.

The central coast is gorgeous and can have so much variety. it can be 110 in Paso Robles but go over the grade into SLO and it's 70 degrees and foggy! (plus you can get awesome wine in Paso)
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

I've got some really great memories from Long Beach though... so I guess right now its LB.

Woohoo! LBC!!

Uhm, I'd have to say Big Sur. It's just so Gorgeous there!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    my bed... because it's so comfy and where I wanna be right now! lol

That too
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    San Francisco.
    Big Trees
    I'm a NorCal girl, born and raised.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    Napa Valley!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhh I love Napa, and can't wait to go again.
  • Clever_Girl
    Options
    Napa Valley!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhh I love Napa, and can't wait to go again.

You better contact me when you're up in nor cal next, i'd love to meet up with you :)
  • UnderCoverShyGirl
    UnderCoverShyGirl Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I've always loved the drive from SF, through point reyes/tomales, and on up the coast to mendocino and fort bragg...just beautiful. I love San Diego too...for it's laid back atmosphere...and Sonoma....and i'm interested in exploring Sacramento area now and areas further north as i'm a forest/tree lover LOL
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    Hands down Yosemite. Never in my life have I ever been to such an amazing place.

San Diego is a great place to visit, weather is great and the beaches are warm!

Saint Helena/Napa is wonderful as well. Wine tasting, hot air balloon rides, good eats. So relaxing!

All the above and so much more. Big Bear, Lake Tahoe. Redwoods, Mammoth. OMG....:love:
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Gonna have to go with San Diego... That's why I'm here. I have visited many parts and I gladly call SD home.
  • wildcard29
    wildcard29 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    San Diego...we vacation there every summer...it's beautiful, the weather and beaches rock, and the Gas Lamp District is always a blast!
  • JennATC
    Options
    Yosemite for sure. It is amazing any time of year and a wonderful place to visit. It's so close, yet so many people I talk to have never been there!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    My fave has an asterisk, because the location is in California, but the view of it is best from across the state line in Nevada. It's South Lake Tahoe. As you drive up hwy 50 from Carson City, as you approach the lake, the view starts as a tiny sliver of blue. Then it opens up and widens into a breathtaking panorama. Soon you're surrounded by the beauty of the Sierras.

I met my hubby there, it's a romantic nostalgic spot as well as being divinely beautiful.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Living in Reno, hands down, Lake Tahoe. Doesnt get any better for an outdoor enthusiast.

Napa...no thanks...I'll take Russian River delta anytime (psssst, that's where the best Red Wines are)

The LBC, back in the day known as the 2-1-3...I grew up in the old school days of Westminister BEFORE it was Little Saigon (my brother and I cut that sign down off of the 405 & Beach blvd a few times. LoL

Out of the way place along the coast that most touristas dont hit...Cambria. But if you want the sun, the surf, the tourists...Laguna Beach or Huntington Beach.

Boy do I miss the days when you surf all daym shooting the pier, and come out of the Pacific withOUT the nasty film on you.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Living in Reno, hands down, Lake Tahoe. Doesnt get any better for an outdoor enthusiast.

So you've seen the view I'm talking about......best in the world :)
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Mendocino County! (A little biased)
    Santa Cruz & Big Sur
    San Francisco/Tiburon/Muir Woods
    Lake Tahoe
    Sonoma County wine country
    Santa Barbara -- adore Montecito as well
    ......and San Diego
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    There are so many places it's hard to choose. Apart from being in my LOVE/hate relationship with Santa Cruz, I might have to go with Napa. I love going up there to visit friends and family and it's always such a gorgeous drive and a nice town to be in.

I love Mendocino/Fort Bragg but it's been a really long time since I was there last.
    Cambria and Cayukos are fabulous and I love going to the beaches and driving along Hwy 1. A few weeks ago I was in Cayucos and on the way home after just passing Hearst Castle I stopped at one of the resting stops to find the beach covered in elephant seals. Moments like those make me so happy.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,005 Member
    Options
    there are so many awesome, beautiful places in cali , some of my favorites are yosemite ( my mom lives in groveland about 5 miles from yosemite), I also love half moon bay, monterey, big sur, any place along highway 1 and san diego........