My intro

Options
kikkipoo
kikkipoo Posts: 292 Member
Hi guys, I just wanted to introduce myself to the group. My name is Kristen, and I had RNY 8 years ago this December. I started at 320 pounds and got down to 145 at my lowest 2 years post op. I was that weight for about 5 minutes and haven't seen it again since. I allowed 40 pounds give or take over the years to creep back on and finally I came to the conclusion that while my bypass surgery was the biggest advantage I ever gave myself in the battle of the buldge, I am ultimately back to the capacity of a normal human being who must lose and maintain through diet and exercise....correction, through a permanent lifestyle change. That's the one lesson I never caught on to all those years ago. So, why come here you may ask if I see myself as having to lose weight like everybody else....well, I would like to share what I have learned over the years. What worked, what didn't. My experiences. I'd also like to find others in my same position. Maybe those who are near goal but still have poor self-images either because of excess skin or an inability to achieve a desired body shape (we're notoriously tiny on top and apple bottomed post op). My current goal is to lose another 17 pounds and achieve at least a 20% body fat percentage. I'm currently a 29.5 and my bmi is still technically overweight. To do so I have incorporated a lot of strength training into my regimen. I have the granny arms and thighs that I can't seem to get rid of so I figured my best bet would be to make them fuller with muscle.

Well, that's me in a nutshell. Would love to hear from the others.

Replies

• Simona38
    Simona38 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi Kristen,

Congratulations on your success! Going from 320 to Onderland is phenomenal!

I have no doubt you can lose those last 17lbs. I still have a long way to go...just had RNY in July 2011. My starting weight was 353lbs. I have no set goal weight. I'll know when I get there. Right now I'm really happy being in Twoterville! I cant remember the last time I saw a 2 at the beginning of my weight!

Im in a plateau right now and will be joining a gym later today to help me ramp up my workouts and hopefully break through the plateau. I really want to hit the 100lbs lost mark by the new year. Ive lost 61lbs so far. Not too shabby!

Good luck on your journey. I'd love to hear more about your exercise routine. I'm very interested in strength training. I know I cant build muscle right now - still in too much of a deficit [calories] but I want to maintain what I have and hopefully build more in the future.
  • vdegraff
    vdegraff Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi looking forward to getting to know you both. I recently had lap band surgery. I started my WL journey in June and lost over 30 lbs prior to my surgery. I have now lost over 50 lbs, and I want to lose about 65 more. I can't wait to see onederland too! I hope to be there by end of year. I am not losing right now, but I haven't gotten my fill yet, so that will hopefully change soon (11/22).
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Good job Kristian!! Welcome to group!! I am definitely stuggling but determined not to give up!! Keep up the good work!