Check in and intros

Options
emmab0902
emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
Now we have a proper group on here! Hope everyone finds it.

I am Emma - 41 years old with 4 children. Live in Hastings and work as a psychologist for police. Current weight 55kg, height 165cm, goal weight 52kg.

Biggest weakness chocolate and icecream!

Replies

• slainnz
    Options
    Hi everyone, yes really nice to see this group will be lovely to talk to people i the right time zone!
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Wow is this a new feature? It's so awesome!

I'm Leanne. I'm studying Human Nutrition in Dunedin but from Palmerston North.

My stats are similar to you emma- 165cm, 56kg and my goal is 52kg. And I'm also a chocoholic!

I'm not as concerned about losing weight as I was when I first joined MFP. My focus has shifted towards becoming fit and strong :)
  • Jessamin
    Jessamin Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Ah, bonjour! I'm Jessie. I'm 20 and am a vet nurse that lives in Waipukurau, Hawkes Bay.

I'm 5'5", start weight 165kg, current weight 104kg, goal weight currently 65kg.

I am a sucker for fast food. :(
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    Leanne if that is you in you pic then we may have similar stats but that is where the similarity ends (unfortunately for me!)
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    hi all!
    my name is joni, 32 years old with 3 kids, 2 dogs, a cat and a hubby! i work full time and my hubster is a house hubby.
    my heaviest weight was 106kgs. that was when i went back to work after the middle kid. i'm currently 82kgs- just about the smallest i've ever been. and i'm 157cms tall.
    i don't have a goal weight- this is all new territory to me, but i do have a goal distance! i'm running the rotorua marathon at the end of april. i only started running properly 9 months ago (when my baby was 3 months old). started with c25k, then bridged to 10k, then moved onto half marathon training (done 2 of those now), and moving onto full marathon stuff. then, after i get the bling for that (i'm only in it for the medal!) i'll see what comes next.
    o, and i live in south auckland.
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Leanne if that is you in you pic then we may have similar stats but that is where the similarity ends (unfortunately for me!)

Unfortunately my profile pic isn't me. It's only what I dream to be haha
  • jofromnz
    jofromnz Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hiya! Yay, a New Zealand group - so happy!!!! I'm 34 and I am a stay at home mummy to my gorgeous son (8.5 months old). I am committed to losing weight and I am pleased to say I lost 1.6 kilos in my first week (last week!). Very pleased with that result! I would like to lose 15 kilos all up which is the most I have ever had to lose! I am really enjoying this site - I love the food diary - it is incredibly helpful. I have always been a very healthy eater but slowly portion sizes have crept up.....now they are where they should be!!!! :) Nice to meet you all and great to have the kiwis together!!!! :)
  • SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hey - Wohoo to the NZ group!!
    Im Ange from Palmerston North, mum to 6yr old and 4 month old, working full time as a nurse and getting married in feb.
    Am currently 3kg of pre pregnancy weight then have another 11kg to loose.....aiming for 68kg but will see how i feel as i get closer to that. My weakness is time management - if i dont organise my meals then i dont eat or i have takeaways for tea.
  • janeyloveslife
    janeyloveslife Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    So glad to have found a NZ group! My name's Janey. I'm 35 years old, and I'm in Auckland. I'm 157cm, currently weigh 58kg, and my goat is 50kg.

I have a fourteen year old daughter, who I am trying to set a good example in front of in terms of not dieting, but making healthy lifestyle choices, and exersizing regularly.

I manage a menu costing company, so my days are filled with talking to chefs, as well as anything and everything about food! I'm such a foodie, so all that doesn't help the waistline...

Great to have found this group. Please add me as a friend :flowerforyou:
  • Kermit1976
    Options
    Hi my name is Ali and I live in Palmerston North... I have two children which i home school a son with special needs and i studying an online course for management. I have about 20kg to loose. I work out with a personal trainer and I have been on MFP nearly 3 weeks and I am loving it. great now that we have a support group..
  • kiwipearls
    Options
    Hey everybody,

My name is Angela, 36y/o - mother of two. My kids are 10 and 13 and I want to get fit and slim so I can keep up with them.

I gained an incredible amount of weight due to being on back pain medicines, specifically Notriptyline due to being allergic to anti-inflamtories. Just using normal pain relief such as panadine just was not cutting it.

It only took 2 years while being on these meds to gain 25KG.

I have since weaned my self off of them and am now on the big long journey of losing weight, eating healthier, eating in moderation - while still eating the things I love and enjoy.

I started here end of August and love the support of everyone.
  • keddabee
    Options
    Howdy everyone!

My name is Kerry and I'm 27 living in Wanganui. About to move to Tangimoana with my partner and we have 4 dogs between us.

Have been on here for a few months and finding MFP a life changing experience! It keeps you entertained, on track and also motivated to keep going! Fantastic :)

I've been overweight my whole life and still remember going on my first diet at the age of 11 where both my Mum and I joined a Health Club to keep track of the weight.

I'm a foodaholic and love it to bits but it dosent love me so much! Was very sick a year ago and have had to change my eating ways including now being lactose intolerant!

Its great knowing theres tonnes of kiwis on here :)
  • kerrylou45
    kerrylou45 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Kerry 32, mum to five (4boys and 1 girl). I manage a dairy farm with husband in Ruawai, Northalnd.
  • c_flannery
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I'm Cristy, am 26 years old and live in Dunedin. I work as an accountant (so sitting in front of a computer 8 hours a day). I have battled with my weight since my teens and tried many different diets. I had some success on Weight watchers, losing 15 kg but slowly gained this weight back again.

I am loving MFP right now. It's great to have support and see other people doing well. It motivates me to keep going, even when I have had a really bad month foodwise. But it's never too late to start fresh, which is what I have done since monday and have lost 1.6k, 1 more kg to go and I am back into the 80s!

If anyone wants to add me as a friend it would be great. The more support the better!
  • sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I'm Sarah and I'm in Tauranga.

I've joined and left and joined and left and now joined MFP again... I was 72kg when I first joined in September 09, now I'm 84kg (163cm) >: (
    My biggest problem in the past has been setting my goal too low - anything under 1600 a day just sees me breaking down after a day or two. And, well, the result of that is obvious.

My goal weight is probably somewhere around 65-68kg
  • Fatchickslim
    Fatchickslim Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I already know some of you, but I'm Colleen, live in Greymouth, I'm 33 married with 3 kids, work part time, starting weight was 138kgs, got a few off before joining MFP also doing Kate Morgan currently at 122kgs with a way to go! Next goal is 119kgs!
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I'm 34, from Auckland, married, no kids but have a cat baby :smile: . I work writing education resources for a charity so I'm at my desk all day. I'm getting more walking and movement into my daily routine and luckily we have Zumba and yoga at lunchtimes here. (I *love* yoga!) I also enjoy walking outside, especially in busy, parks or by the beach.

I've lost 5kg so far (in about 6 weeks) got another 5 to go (by Christmas or shortly after, is my goal). I aim to be a comfy size 12 and stay there for the rest of my life!

Cheers,
    EJ
  • traceizbiz
    Options
    Hi guys,

So stoke to find a NZ group! Please add me as a friend, this is my second week of being committed to getting healthy and losing weight.

I am 5ft 4" and was horrified last week to discover I weigh 94kg, the only other time I was that weight was when I was 8mths pregnant! Initially I am looking to get down to 80kg and then I will go from there. I have never been super skinny so would be happy to get back to a size 12-14

I have four children, ranging in age from 4yrs to 18yrs. Oldest daughter leaving school this year and youngest son starts next year!

My family and I have recently moved to Dunedin from CHCH, I am working 3 days a week in a office job.

So if anyone in Dunners wnats to get together for a walk or something I am up for meeting new people! :flowerforyou:
  • aimeelouwhite
    aimeelouwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hey guys...Yay a special place for us kiwis!

I'm Pauline. I'm 37 and live in Rangiora (just out of Christchurch). I work full time as a primary school teacher and also have 3 daughters 11, 7 and 5. Hubby helps out a lot with the kids since we both work :-)

I found MFP a while ago and joined 1st September 2011. I've lost 7kg so far! Yay! **does a dance** My goals and info are below.

I love food....and up until now have hated exercise for some time... I think I am coming around as I get fitter! I'd love you to add me as a friend!

PS I have my ticker in lbs as it looks better with bigger numbers lost! lol!

My goals are:
    Start Weight:: 88.1kg (194.2 lb) 1st September 2011 HEIGHT IS :(5.3"/162cm)
    Current Weight:: 81.0kg (178.6lb) 10th November
    Goal 1: 80kg (176.4lb) by 15th November 2011
    Goal 2: 75kg (165.3lb) by 31st December 2011
    GOAL WEIGHT: 70kg (154.3lb) by 28th February 2012 (ticker is set for this)
    Then maybe I might try for 65kg (143.3lb) by 31st May 2012
  • annaspanna10
    annaspanna10 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone.......I'm Anna, 33 y/o, mum of 3 preschoolers (4.5, 2.5 and 1), work part-time and I live in Palmerston North. Have been on MFP for a few weeks now, and finding it great.
    I have always struggled with my weight, and after getting pregnant the first time, never seem to be able to loose all of the weight i put on! I had managed to get down to 83kg earlier this year, but due to a back condition stopped exercising and it all crept back on. I have the back pain under control with Physio help, and now need to get back in to my exercise.
    I have lost about 5kg just with controling my portion sizes and really thinking about what is going in my mouth (ie: not picking at the kids dinner while making it etc!).

My short-term goal is to increase my cardio exercise and also do some toning.

So, starting weight on MFP was 89kg. Height 175cm. Current is 84kg (as of last Friday). Goal was originally 80kg, but have changed it to 75kg.....might be a bit of stretch though! I would be happy to be 80kg and have no 'mummy tummy' or muffin top!!

Great we have an NZ group..............feel free to add me as a friend.

:smile: