Week Two

Options
For Meg and anyone else has has moved on to the second week!

Replies

• MegSommer
    MegSommer Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    :o) Thanks. Ill report back once i complete today's run. Probably wont be until after 8PM when little man goes to bed and i can get to the gym.
  • diaryoffatdad
    diaryoffatdad Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    just finished week 2 day 2.

bumped my speed up from 5.0 to 5.5 for the run portion and it felt good, was a bit of a stretch at the end but i felt really good at the end. I have been stretching at least twice a day everyday and i think it has made a huge difference from previous attempts to run. but i think this weekend i will have to invest in some new shoes.....plantar facitis is creeping up on me.
  • Fit4Kateri
    Fit4Kateri Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I finished W2D2 last night and bumped up to 5.5 as well. Last night I had to run on the treadmill and noticed my avg min/mi is much slower than when I run outside. (I use runkeeper in tandam with c25k) Has anyone else noticed a difference in running inside vs outside?
  • trishajo82
    trishajo82 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I just completed week 2 day 1 last night and felt good! Each time it seems to get easier. Although at this point I still cannot fathom actually running 3.1 miles straight....we shall see LOL
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I just finished Wk2, D3 this morning.

Week 2 is kicking my backside. I feel this will be one of those weeks I will be repeating before I move on.

Running that full 1:30 is torture for me :grumble:
  • diaryoffatdad
    diaryoffatdad Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    it will get better...just stick to it, there will be weeks we repeat, there is nothing wrong with that

great job!
  • trishajo82
    Options
    I did W2D2 last night and was struggling. Which is strange bc my W2D1 was cake compared to last night.... I came into my workout only have eaten about 400cals in the day, so I may of just been weak. Thinking about getting some protein bars and taking some bites an hour or so before working out and see if it helps...

I hope everyone else on W2 is doing well! I will decide after my day 3 workout tonight or tomorrow whether or not I am going to repeat this week or move on...
  • DoncasterPhotography
    Options
    I did W2D2 yesterday, in my new fitted trail running shoes.. :o).....

Was hellish!!! then I was pushing my 12month old daughter in her pushchair around the trail.

It did help with the extra burn though... Hopefully tomorrow's D3 run, without her, will be a breeze....
  • DoncasterPhotography
    Options
    Nailled D3.... BRING IT ON W3!!!

though not really relishing the thought of a 3 min run!!
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Yesterday evening did W2 D1 @7.5 i honestly thought i was gona quit, especially on the last run. My legs were beginning to feel like jelly and as i was thinking to myself ive got to stop when the ear piece of my ipod said "you can slow down now" OMG was I glad to hear that voice I just cant imagine myself doing the 5k though but having said that if anyone would have told me that this week i would be running on a treadmill i would have said JOG ON lol
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join in here if it's not too late. :) This is my 2nd time through Cto5K and I'd love to have a group of peeps to check in with - it helps HUGELY with motivation.

Today will be week 2, run 3. On the treadmill b/c it's raining outside. Posting here now so I will be committed to doing it. :) Will check back in when I'm done! :)

Great job everyone! ;)
  • Primalgal
    Primalgal Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

I just joined MFP today and I'll be starting Week 2, Day 1 of C25k tomorrow! I'm SO excited to find a group here!

We have a new Rails to trails here and it's a great place to run. I can only make it there on weekends because it is not lit and it gets dark too early. During the week, I do my runs at 5:15AM....yes AM!! I run around the streets of our small town under the street lights. I love it....as long as it's not too cold! Below freezing is pushing it for me! The other morning it was 34 degrees and it was fine.

Anyway, I'm a classic penguin(slow runner) and look forward to following everyone's progress here!

Lori
  • trishajo82
    Options
    Yesterday evening did W2 D1 @7.5 i honestly thought i was gona quit, especially on the last run. My legs were beginning to feel like jelly and as i was thinking to myself ive got to stop when the ear piece of my ipod said "you can slow down now" OMG was I glad to hear that voice I just cant imagine myself doing the 5k though but having said that if anyone would have told me that this week i would be running on a treadmill i would have said JOG ON lol

you run at 7.5?!?!?! omfg I would die. and most DEFINITELY fall off my treadmill.
  • RunLiftEat
    RunLiftEat Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I start week two tomorrow morning. I have been itching to do it sooner, but am going to stick to the schedule since I am also doing ChaLEAN Extreme and don't want to over due it on my legs right out the gate. I can't wait. I missed running and wish I never stopped.
  • MegSommer
    MegSommer Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Alright so i did D1W2 last night and it wasn't pretty. Last week when i did D3W1 i pushed my self a little too hard and had some major pain in my right shin that radiated into my ankle, so i took a break for 4 days hoping it would be better but it was really difficult to run....I did finish but kept my running pace at 5.5 and hoped it would go away. When i got to the car i could barely drive home because putting pressure on my foot was pretty painful. Today my leg is fine when i walk but when i went to the park with my little guy i could tell it was still sore if i ran after him.

Anyone have this issue? Or know what i could/ should do? My pain is mostly on the inside of my leg around the joint where my fibula meets my ankle...Im thinking a few more rest days are in order. *sigh*
  • Primalgal
    Primalgal Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Week 2, Day 1 is complete! The first couple run segments seemed hard, but then I was really enjoying it toward the end. My husband and I decided to go off the road and take a path....what a mistake! The path was leaf covered with roots & downed trees to jump over! It's a wonder we didn't break and ankle! We won't be doing that again!

We did run/walk intervals for 2 miles and then covered another mile with our warm up and cool downs walks. Good workout on a beautiful day!

:happy:
  • ABetterBalance
    Options
    Just finished run one for week two.

Treadmill
    Walk 4.0
    Run 6.5
    Distance: 2.13
  • RunLiftEat
    RunLiftEat Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Just finished stretching after W2D1. It went pretty well. The first third or so was spent running into some strong winds. That kind of sucked, but after that, it was nice and smooth. 6 - 6.2 mph running, 4mph walking. It was beautiful out there. Who would think that you would be able to be out in the middle of November in Wisconsin, running in shorts and a short sleeve.

*edit for grammar.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options

This is awesome - that's what I love about Cto5K... just when you think you're gonna die, that little voice pipes up and says it's okay to walk. :) Good job toughing it out.

I did day 3 of week 2 today. Enjoyed it. :)
  • Fit4Kateri
    Fit4Kateri Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I finished W2 on Saturday and can't wait to start W3 tomorrow. Today during a bootcamp class they had us run 12 minutes. It was really hard, but I did it!!