Challenges - 6-11 November

Options
FitMama2013
FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
200 free for time - this will gauge where we all are!

16 X 25s fly on the fastest interval you can make

we can post results in this thread if we'd like :)

Replies

• CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    3:00 on the 200 free for me.

I'm not even close to attempting the fly set. I occasionally try to fly, but I look like I'm drowning! :)
  • FitMama2013
    Options
    3:00 on the 200 free for me.

I'm not even close to attempting the fly set. I occasionally try to fly, but I look like I'm drowning! :)

Nice job on the 200!!! and no worries on the fly - you can do free if you want, so long as you're going hard and getting just a little rest :)
  • Monkeylost
    Monkeylost Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm concentrating on distance endurance at the moment. I did 5k in 95 minutes last week. I'm going for 8k Friday anything under 3 hours will be fab. Xxx
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I'm concentrating on distance endurance at the moment. I did 5k in 95 minutes last week. I'm going for 8k Friday anything under 3 hours will be fab. Xxx

Wow good luck ! =]
  • Monkeylost
    Monkeylost Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Thanks Hun, I'm gonna need it!! Lol Xx
  • Icewolf_The
    Icewolf_The Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    5:30 sec on the free 200m today. 34 min for the 750m free overall.
  • TroyBa
    TroyBa Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Swam the 200 as part of a set in 3:10. Hitting the fly set tomorrow...sigh.
  • FitMama2013
    Options
    troy - you'll kill that fly! great job on the 200 today

icewolf - great job on the 200 :) I can't wait to see what you can go next time we do it!!

monkey - thinking about you tomorrow! best of luck on your 8K!
  • spottedlee
    Options
    200 free for time - this will gauge where we all are!

16 X 25s fly on the fastest interval you can make

we can post results in this thread if we'd like :)
    are we talking meter or yard?
  • FitMama2013
    Options
    either one!! we'll likely have people swimming in 25 yard, 25 meter, and 50 meter pools since we're from all over. no need to post times if you don't want to - I find, though, that I push a bit harder if I have to tell people what I went :)
  • queenchlorine
    Options
    I'm new here but will be in the pool tomorrow and let you know my 200 Yard time. I'm guessing it will be around 3:10 but we'll see.
  • spottedlee
    Options
    You guys are amazing! I thought 9 minutes for my 400 was great but now I wonder,,, if 200 is half of 400 then half of 9 minutes is 4.5 minutes! not bad for someone who hasn't done laps in about 30 years! :blushing:

Of course with my old shoulder injury, I rather be doing endurance swim,, in which I can do 60 minutes without stopping...
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I wasn't able to swim this week due to family emergencies but I'll make up this challenge next week.
  • queenchlorine
    Options
    Did the 200 yard timed swim in 2:59. Not in any shape to even consider the fly challenge as written. Next time I will add 4 x 25yd fly set into workout. Maybe down the road I can do 16 but I have not swam butterfly in 30+ years. Did 2500 yards today.
  • Redness82
    Redness82 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am FINALLY joining the Y today, and will get this challenge in this week! I haven't been in the pool for over 6 months, so it could be ugly!
  • FitMama2013
    Options
    Great job everyone! I'm out of town with no pool so ill post my results when I'm back next week!