Pants that fit!

Options
FaugHorn
FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
Where do you all shop for pants? I'm blessed in that I carry most of my height in my legs but down side is that dress pants, jeans, etc. usually end up looking like clamdiggers unless I can find "Tall" jeans and those are hard to track down in an in-person store. Usually if I'm looking for something in my length it ends up being a bigger size around the waist/hip area. So where have you found great pants?

Replies

• Shabambam
    Shabambam Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    lol...I used to buy mens jeans but I found out Gap sells jeans in long and for you really tall girls x-long. They have so many different styles depending on your curves and what type of look you want. I think he largest size they carry is 20. My favorite is the 1969 curvy jeans, long inseam and size 20. They are a little expensive for me at the regular store so I go to their outlet. You can sign up for them to e-mail you coupons to use in the outlet. I just got a 30% off coupon this morning that I plan to use this weekend.
  • pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I buy my jeans from American Eagle; tops/dresses/workout clothes from Old Navy, and dress pants from Gap. All of these I buy online because that's the only place they're offered, usually. I try on jeans in long at AE to get the size right then order the x-tall. Also, JCPenney has tall activewear online, I really like their running tanks and capris!
  • AshleyLauren589
    AshleyLauren589 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I usually go for department stores, but it's always a struggle. I've found that Silver Jeans brand come in long and fit great - up to a 35" inseam, which is awesome.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    I dont really have this problem to often. I carry my height in my legs and torso. However I do have to try everything on before I buy it. I really can only do online shopping for "underthings" lol
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    lol...I used to buy mens jeans but I found out Gap sells jeans in long and for you really tall girls x-long. They have so many different styles depending on your curves and what type of look you want. I think he largest size they carry is 20. My favorite is the 1969 curvy jeans, long inseam and size 20. They are a little expensive for me at the regular store so I go to their outlet. You can sign up for them to e-mail you coupons to use in the outlet. I just got a 30% off coupon this morning that I plan to use this weekend.

I get mine there too. The inseam is 37 for the talls, I believe. I usually find plenty on the clearance rack for around $10-15. It has also been several yeas since I've bought jeans because they last so long, and I wear the same tow pairs every day for about 4 or so years now.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I buy tall and have my mom hem them. Regular are too short; Tall are too, well, tall. I'm at that awkward height of 5'8"...
  • ldennett
    ldennett Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it is a Canadian store only but I love Ricki's for pants, especially office wear. The have most of their pants in 3 lengths (petite, regular, tall) and some of them in extra long. The tall ones work great for me since I don't wear heels.
  • flatbellybella
    flatbellybella Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    The only time I really have a problem with the length of pants is when it comes to workout pants (weird).

I'm 5'11
  • SuperKatie
    SuperKatie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    LongTallSally.com is a great place. They have inseams from 35" to 39" (I'm 37" without heels).
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options

I had no idea Gap sold larger sizes. I always bought their x-long and they were perfect. But when I no longer fit in 14's, I stopped shopping there because I never knew they carried the larger sizes. You just made my day! :happy: :drinker:
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    - The only place I buy jeans from is the Buckle. They carry long inseam up to 37 1/2.
    - For dress pants, Gap online or New York and Company.
    - Comfy pants I LOVE Victoria's Secret yoga pants but the longs have to be ordered off their website.

I'm 6' with an inseam of 36" or so
  • durangocal
    durangocal Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Eddie Bauer, my favorite, carries tall sizes. (Check out the outlet section you can get great deals especially off season-ie when their spring line comes out you can get all the winter pants for a steal.) Other brands that I know of that carry tall sizes is TallGirl (I have one black pair that pool on the floor-love that!!!), Carharrt Jeans, JC Penney Brand (they are a tad short for me though), & Lee Jeans. I need at the very least a 38 inch inseam. Speigel and Nordstrom catalogs carry a lot of tall sizes too.
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I wish I lived in the US - you guys seem to have so much choice!
  • CallieDerenthal
    CallieDerenthal Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    i buy all my jeans at the Buckle. dress pants are more difficult but i have fallen in love with BCBG brand. a little on the expensive side but they have awesome sales (got a pair of $300 pants for $60 once... and they're gorgeous!). the great thing about the BCBG pants is that they're already long but there's also usually enough material left at the hem that they could be let out if needed. i'm still looking for some comfy/workout pants that are long enough... i usually resort to shopping in the mens dept but i hate how the crotch of mens jammie/workout pants always seem to hang down to my knees. i would LOVE to find some cute, girlie workout pants that fit well!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I buy my dress pants at gap.. I have two pairs of curvy long dress pants that fit amazingly. I also got two good pairs at The Loft and The Limited, but I did have to have the hem let out just a little bit.

As far as jeans go, American Eagle is my place to go. I just bought a pair of "average' length 9 west Jeans from Carson Piere Scott and they are long enough. My prob is, I have a really tiny waist but big hips... I wear a size 4-6 and it's damn near impossible to find long jeans in a 4 that will fit my wide hips.
  • Aliggins06
    Aliggins06 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have to buy my pants too big so they will be long enough.....
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Old Navy.

Their jeans & pants are relatively cheap, and they come in many waist sizes with long inseams. The jeans that I am currently wearing are almost too long - a first for me! (I'm 5'11")

The only real drawback for ON is that their sizing/cut is very sporadic. A size 16L in one pant may not be the same size as a 16L in a different pant or a different color of the same pant. I order all my clothes from then online, as there isn't a store within driving distance. I've had to return a few things, but I'm aware of that possibility from the beginning.
  • DestinedDiva
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

I'm new to this site and this group. Regardless, I buy my pants at New York and Company and Eddie Bauer for dress pants. For Jeans Old Navy, NY and company, and delias. Now there are others like Tall couture and Buckles but their prices are sometimes CrAzY!!! Others stores have started to include Tall pants/jeans so I no longer have a problem finding them like a few years ago. My problem is mainly shirts. Seriously, if my legs are long do the designers feel my arms look like a T-rex? Longer sleeves needed too.

I blog about us tall girl lifestyle at http://highwaterpantsblues.blogspot.com/
    Follow if you like.
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

I'm new to this site and this group. Regardless, I buy my pants at New York and Company and Eddie Bauer for dress pants. For Jeans Old Navy, NY and company, and delias. Now there are others like Tall couture and Buckles but their prices are sometimes CrAzY!!! Others stores have started to include Tall pants/jeans so I no longer have a problem finding them like a few years ago. My problem is mainly shirts. Seriously, if my legs are long do the designers feel my arms look like a T-rex? Longer sleeves needed too.

I blog about us tall girl lifestyle at http://highwaterpantsblues.blogspot.com/
    Follow if you like.

I'm not sure if any other retailers do this, but OId Navy has Tall shirts. The sleeves are longer and the bottom comes down lower to accommodate longer torsos.
  • CaveGal
    CaveGal Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I get my jeans, leggings and trousers from Topshop (not sure of it exists in the US though but try online!) and River Island does longer length too so definitely recommend those two places. Also tallgirls.co.uk But I cant find any workout longer pants so just wear short or cropped pants at the gym:)