Replies

• Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Alloy.com :happy:
  • Izable2011
    Izable2011 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    LongTallSally.com is a great place. They have inseams from 35" to 39" (I'm 37" without heels).

This is a good one too!
  • MrsCassieThreatt
    MrsCassieThreatt Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just despise boot cut, straight leg, flare...I only like the stove pipe wide leg jeans or pants. Donna Karen has a great pair of black slacks I bought that are perfect. I just wish her jeans were like that. I own several pairs and I hate the sucked in on the thigh and loose in the calf look. Makes your hips huge and your ankles really small. At least on me it does. Stove pipe or wide leg jeans area almost always more slimming...so take that into consideration and the fact that I need a 34 inch inseam and I never can find jeans. I found a pair on LLBean I think or Edie Bauer but they are out of stock till January. ;o( I wanted to try those. I wear a 20 in talls as well and just can't find them. I tried Old Navy and they did the same thing...super tight in the thigh and loose everywhere else.
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    7 For All Mankind Jeans come in LOADS of different lengths....my favourite pair of jeans are these.

When I'm a little more strapped for cash www.tallgirls.co.uk do some really nice styles - their Premium Denim is lovely. They do come up quite big though so order a size down.
  • AJay513
    AJay513 Posts: 187
    Options
    I always get my pants from American Eagle!
    Alloy.com has long pants too
    and New York and CO. for dress pants
  • MissNothing130
    Options
    I buy most of my jeans/trousers from either New Look's tall section [which has now died, boo] or Littlewoods catalogue. :) Not a lot of choice but enough to get me by. I'm a lower of skirts/shorts though, so I'm not too annoyed about it. ;D
  • ktbia
    ktbia Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Wow. I had never been to alloy.com, I love it!

I have found some tall workout pants at Target.

Jeans- Gap. Also, I sometimes just get lucky at TJ Maxx and try on pairs that end up being long enough.

I have a really nice, long, expensive pair from Buckle. That my *kitten* no longer fits into! Those are my goal pants.
  • emstgm
    emstgm Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to read about so many tall pants options. However, I find so many of these (Eddie Bauer, JC Penney) stop at around size 20. I realized that you can be tall, and you can be large, but if you are both, you will have a hard time finding stylish pants! For the past 6 years, as I've been > size 20, I've only been able to get pants at Lane Bryant. Not my favorite, and they are barely long enough.

One of my weight loss goals to finally get those Eddie Bauer pants! :bigsmile:
  • ckkh
    ckkh Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" and I buy my jeans at the Gap. They come in ankle, regular and tall. I couldn't buy them there before (when I was heavy) because they only carry long in sized under 14. I just buy my dress pants at Reitmans (I am in Canada). They have select styles in tall and that works for me. My biggest challenge is with workout pants - I can't seem to find any brands that are tall enough (and I don't want to spend top dollar for Lululemon).
  • ckkh
    ckkh Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies,

I'm new to this site and this group. Regardless, I buy my pants at New York and Company and Eddie Bauer for dress pants. For Jeans Old Navy, NY and company, and delias. Now there are others like Tall couture and Buckles but their prices are sometimes CrAzY!!! Others stores have started to include Tall pants/jeans so I no longer have a problem finding them like a few years ago. My problem is mainly shirts. Seriously, if my legs are long do the designers feel my arms look like a T-rex? Longer sleeves needed too.

I blog about us tall girl lifestyle at http://highwaterpantsblues.blogspot.com/
    Follow if you like.

You can buy tall shirts from Eddie Bauer online. I usually go into the store to check the fit of something, and if it looks good, but just needs a few more inches in length and in the arms then i go ahead and order the same sine in a tall online ( I am 5'10 and their medium tall shirts fit me well). If you live in the states, they often have free shipping too.
  • healthyyme
    healthyyme Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I get x-longs from American Eagle :) i'm 5'11!
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    longtall sally
    dorothyperkins tall section
    and next do a tall section but only on line they are 35" great for flat shoes
    getting decent gym gear is a nightmare though
  • upserstar
    Options
    Yeah I love Long Tall Sally! Bummed they closed most of their USA stores, but they do pop-up store in larger cities - one weekend a quarter they bring stuff to try on. They have a great return shipping policy too.
  • cafeldmann
    cafeldmann Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I buy tall and have my mom hem them. Regular are too short; Tall are too, well, tall. I'm at that awkward height of 5'8"...

I'm with you - regulars are just a bit too short, but talls are too long. I am too lazy to hem, though, so I usually just buy talls and wear them with shoes that have a bit of a heel!

LL Bean has "medium tall", which would be perfect, if I liked their jeans.
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to read about so many tall pants options. However, I find so many of these (Eddie Bauer, JC Penney) stop at around size 20. I realized that you can be tall, and you can be large, but if you are both, you will have a hard time finding stylish pants! For the past 6 years, as I've been > size 20, I've only been able to get pants at Lane Bryant. Not my favorite, and they are barely long enough.

One of my weight loss goals to finally get those Eddie Bauer pants! :bigsmile:

I don't really like LB, I shop for my tall plus-size pants at Avenue.
  • ThinningDownChick
    ThinningDownChick Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Express jeans and dress pants. Citizen of Humanity and Joe's Jeans also have a nice length! :)
  • horsepal
    horsepal Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Only one place that I get all of my pants and jeans...Coldwater Creek their longs are LONG like 36 inch inseams and their fabrics are deluxe!
  • cbtan
    cbtan Posts: 2
    Options
    I am 6ft. 1 and I like a 35-36 inseam, I usually get my jeans from Ashley Stewart in Houston. They have tall jeans and dress pants. I love the store but wish they carried more styles in talls.
  • knew71
    knew71 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    bananarepublic.com and jcew.com for dress pants and suits for work. AnnTaylor.com also has some and has great sales. Athleta.com has tall workout clothes that are a little less expensive than lululemon...also Target has the Champion brand workout pants in different styles and lengths.

So many more choices than years ago. In high school I would have to wear slouch socks to make up the difference between the top of my Candie's boots and the bottom of my Jordache jeans. Ahhh...the 80s.
  • samatalma
    Options
    I've always had good luck at American Eagle, but I haven't been there in awhile so I don't know if they are still making their jeans the same.