Do you Carry/Intend to carry?

Options
Obviously this is for those that live in places that allow carrying a firearm on ones person. If you do live in one of said locations, do you currently carry a firearm? If not, do you intend on doing so when you get a permit (If required)? If you do carry, why not share what you carry and how you carry it.

Personally, I carry every day when I walk out the door. I use an IWB Tuckable holster and slip my CZ83 in there.

Replies

• swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I carry primarily a S&W M&P 9 VTACH with two extra magazines on my waist. Pistol and ammo are held by Bladetech holsters/mag carriers.

I use optimized Wilson defensive ammo.

If I need something thinner then I got to my Combat commander again with 2 extra mags. The mags are Wilson combat 47Ds. Again I use Wilson defense ammo. In this case I carry it on the waist also.

And I carry everywhere but work- and yes I do where my pistol around the house. It gets taken off at night for bed.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    I intend to carry. Not sure exactly what, but I'm thinking a 1911. :)
  • TallyNick
    TallyNick Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yes - currently Ruger SP101 .357 subbie DAO
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Do not carry yet but have every intention of doing so. I have a Glock 40 cal. automatic and also a Taurus Tracker revolver. I LOVE both of my pistols!
  • HawaiianTx
    HawaiianTx Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I don't always carry but I do carry. Sig 229 in 357 sig, One of 2 Kimbers. I think I have a pic of the smaller Kimber next to my STI in my pictures on this site.
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Do not carry yet but have every intention of doing so. I have a Glock 40 cal. automatic and also a Taurus Tracker revolver. I LOVE both of my pistols!

That should read Tauras Tracker 357 lol.
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I have a carry permit and yes I do carry my firearm with me. Even though I do not live in a concealed carry state (meaning we can open carry) I carry concealed. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it!
  • HawaiianTx
    HawaiianTx Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have a carry permit and yes I do carry my firearm with me. Even though I do not live in a concealed carry state (meaning we can open carry) I carry concealed. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it!

Lots of states will honor your carry permit. Mine is out of Texas, I had to move to Kansas for work. haven't had any problems with the LEO's here.

Here's a good site to check which states will honor other states permits.

http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html
  • AZTrailRunner
    AZTrailRunner Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I live in AZ where you no longer need a permit for Concealed Carry, although I still recommend getting one purely for the education of laws and consequences.

I sometimes carry (S&W M&P 9C). It's a snappy little pistol and doesn't take up much room. My next in-line is my IMI Desert Eagle Baby Eagle .40. It's surprisingly easy to conceal.

(BTW, I've taken hundreds of hours of LE and civilian firearms instruction).
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I don't always carry off-duty, but when I do my current flavor of choice is a Kahr PM45. IWB holster when I'm wearing shorts, ankle holster when I'm wearing long pants.
    At work I carry a 2" Ruger SP101 .357 in an ankle holster. I found that carrying an auto in that environment just gets it all ganked up with dirt and sock lint and it may not go bang when you need it to unless you clean it really frequently. The old wheelgun goes bang every time, sock lint and all.
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I carry when possible. I live in MO but end up in IL a lot, so I have to watch that.
    I use a Galco KingTuck for my Glock 27 or Glock 22 depending on how I'm dressed.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Usually either a Sig P229 in .40sw or a FNP 9mm
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I have my RTC permit and do. We can also open carry in Colorado. We had a convict escape two years ago, before I had the permit. I had to carry a rifle with me outside doing chores. I feel much better with a hand gun. Anyway, he hid out for days because he knew that most country people are armed and was afraid of being shot! Mine is a .38 special but I have trouble concealing it since I have lost so much weight. I carry it in my purse.
  • treesloth
    treesloth Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Depending on the situation, I have a full Government-size 1911 (Springfield Armory "Loaded" model), an SA XD-40 SC, or a Kel-Tec PF-9. I tend to favor Crossbreed Holster IWB. I even have one of their gun belts. It's beautifully suited to its job-- very strong, not stretchy, double-layer crossed-grain leather. It now has 14 holes punched in it. They represent the weight I've lost plus 5 holes to shrink into. I think I'll keep wearing it even when I have to wrap the tail all the way around myself.
  • adamswife01
    adamswife01 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I don't currently carry, however I plan on getting my permit soon. Unfortunately in California there are lots of hoops to jump through.
  • n003k
    n003k Posts: 58
    Options
    Good luck! I've read about some of the hoops necessary, and hey, at least it sounds like you're in a county that actually DOES issue, as opposed to the tons that only give them out to the cronies of the politicians in charge.
  • ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    Options
    I have CCW in my state. I own several compact or semi-compact firearms that are easy to carry. Glock 26, Ruger LC9, S&W 642, SA XD 45. My question is for any runners who carry while running. I am looking for a comfortable running IWB type holster that works well. The couple I have tried are uncomfortable, itchy or move around on me while running due to sweat. I am looking for something to probably to carry my LC9 in as this is the lightest of my firearms
  • n003k
    n003k Posts: 58
    Options
    I really doubt you'll find an ideal IWB holster for running, all are probably going to have issues. However the LC9 should be small enough for a pocket holster, have you considered that?

If you'd rather stick with IWB, take a look at High Noon Holsters, they've got a nice variety of holsters, though their sight it being problematic for me right now loading...
  • hoppinglark
    hoppinglark Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I am in Grad school so I can only carry on days that I don't go to class.
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I am in Grad school so I can only carry on days that I don't go to class.

I secretly carried all 4 years of school... once I found out the REAL crime stats on campus versus the official stats it was a no brainer.