Introductions ....

Options
kimcat73
kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
Hey everyone, I'm Kim. I live in Crownsville area and work for Anne Arundel County. I've been on MFP for a few years but totally got committed last October and I'm almost at 100 pounds lost. The goal now is to branch out of my comfort zone and start doing some workouts I would never have thought to do a year ago:) First one was joining the Annapolis Bootcamp ... fun and challenging!

So tell me, who are you??? :D

Replies

• Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Shannon and I'm near Towson. I only just moved to Baltimore in April, after living my entire life in Florida! I have been a professional dieter for years, constantly starting and stopping and gaining and losing again.

This time I decided to stop the dieting madness and just change everything about my life that was making me unhappy. :) I'm currently doing the couch to 5k program as well as daily exercise at my gym! Hopefully someday I can branch out and actually run a 5k!
  • amenadenine
    amenadenine Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone my name is Amena. I live in Hyattsville. Closer to DC but I find myself in Baltimore from time to time. I started this journey in January. I have only made one other real effort at loosing weight this is the longest I have stuck to it. I am behind the goa weight I wanted to be this time of year by about 30lbs. But this is the most weight I have ever lost in my life I'm trying to focus on that.

My motivation has been wavering for the past few months I am still looking for new motivation to get back into things like I was before. Work has gotten stressful and I have started grad school. The challenge now is to loose this weight during stressful busy times. I know I can do it and I know you all can too. Looking forward to being a part of this group.
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!! I'm Charlene. Moved to Baltimore from Philly about 15 years ago. I work for the federal government, down in DC. Joined MFP in January 2011.....heard God telling me to get myself together, get ready, so I've been working on it since then. I've developed a love for Zumba and walking, and getting in some form of exercise regularly. I'm on vacation right now in Virginia Beach, but have gotten up every morning and walked the boardwalk and beach. Today I did 4 miles (woo hoo!!!)!!! My mom started taking good care of herself in her early/mid 40s, and now at 82, she's the picture of health. Conversely, her brothers and sisters did not take good care of themselves, so they all got sick and did not have good quality of life as they got older. Now they've all died, but my mom is still kicking it!! That's a pretty powerful lesson for me. I want to be healthy as I get older. They say 50 is the new 30, so when I hit that milestone in a couple years, watch out!!!
  • sweetsexy43
    sweetsexy43 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone..im sooo excited to see our group coming together. My name is Barbara im a resident of Baltimore by way of New Jersey (Go Giants!!). I started my journey in January and was out to loose 100lbs by March 2012. So far i've lost 27lbs (very far from my goal). Im not discouraged..cause im gonna at least hit 50 by then...im determined.

Anyway, I created this forum for us because when i started on this site, i felt like i was the only one in Baltimore that was going this alone. I searched high and low until i located a few Baltimorians and forunately, I've met some amazing folks on mfp and was blessed to have developed a lovely friendship with Riley711!! We definitley want to use this forum in the most positive and productive way possible. Im so looking forward to meeting some if not all of you, to work out with, fellowship..etc. So, if anyone wants to put together a walk around Montebello, Zumba or even run a 5k downtown Baltimore and want that moral support, post it and lets make it happen!

Thanks

Barbara aka "SweetSexy43"
  • sweetsexy43
    Options
    Hey everyone, I'm Kim. I live in Crownsville area and work for Anne Arundel County. I've been on MFP for a few years but totally got committed last October and I'm almost at 100 pounds lost. The goal now is to branch out of my comfort zone and start doing some workouts I would never have thought to do a year ago:) First one was joining the Annapolis Bootcamp ... fun and challenging!

So tell me, who are you??? :D

Hi Kim and welcome to the group!! That is AWESOME!! on the weight loss. I love the committment..good luck with the boot camp!! If you have any advice on what you did to help you along the way, please share!

Barbara
  • amenadenine
    amenadenine Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I doubt that I can make regular walks with you guys but I'm down for a 5K.
  • sweetsexy43
    Options
    I doubt that I can make regular walks with you guys but I'm down for a 5K.

Hey Lady!! Something is better than nothing..we can start training for it...track it and look to do it next spring..i think that would work!!
  • Iluvchopsticks
    Iluvchopsticks Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kimberly and I have lived in Baltimore since April. I am in the military so have been bouncing around for several years now. I am in decent shape but still want to drop a few vanity pounds and get stronger. If I can get over my hesitation I may start training for a marathon next year (I've always hated running but am starting to get over that). I also do Crossfit and love it. I am often intimidated by how strong the other women are at my gym but I find them to be motivation to keep going.
  • sweetsexy43
    Options
    Hi! I'm Shannon and I'm near Towson. I only just moved to Baltimore in April, after living my entire life in Florida! I have been a professional dieter for years, constantly starting and stopping and gaining and losing again.

This time I decided to stop the dieting madness and just change everything about my life that was making me unhappy. :) I'm currently doing the couch to 5k program as well as daily exercise at my gym! Hopefully someday I can branch out and actually run a 5k!

*Hi Shannon!! Welcome to the group..we are excited to have you and i know you must be beating yourself up for moving from Florida!! How much have you lost so far? I've lost 27lbs..but i keep fluctuating a few pounds here and there..so i to decided to do something different hopefully it works. Now, the c25k is something i started and stopped..Are you using a DVD or is it an app on the phone? I get so intimidated with running..maybe with your advice and input we can both run the next one side by side!

Barbara aka "SweetSexy43'
  • Savemyshannon
    Savemyshannon Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    *Hi Shannon!! Welcome to the group..we are excited to have you and i know you must be beating yourself up for moving from Florida!! How much have you lost so far? I've lost 27lbs..but i keep fluctuating a few pounds here and there..so i to decided to do something different hopefully it works. Now, the c25k is something i started and stopped..Are you using a DVD or is it an app on the phone? I get so intimidated with running..maybe with your advice and input we can both run the next one side by side!

Barbara aka "SweetSexy43'

So far, I'm not sure what I've lost (this time around!) because I am not going to weigh myself until the beginning of December! I really want to make this month about changing habits, getting into shape, and learning how to eat properly without all the added stress of whether or not I'm gaining or losing!

I am using the phone app for C25k and it's BRUTAL while I'm doing it, but after I am done I always just feel so proud of myself. I have never, ever run before in my life and so it feels wild to be getting up and running (in front of people in the gym!). I'm no expert on running yet, but the one thing that is really helping me get through it is: nobody cares! That sounds awful, but I used to always be so intimidated by running in front of people, thinking they were making fun of me and the way I sweat and breathed all heavily. But I've found that NOBODY is paying attention to me! :) So now I just take it slow!
  • erialsea
    erialsea Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Jennifer. I live in Odenton. I am from California but my husband is in the military. We will probably be calling Maryland home for a long time. I've been using MFP off and on for almost a year on my phone but had never made friends or talked to anyone on here. I am realizing that this online community is amazing and I think we will help me reach my goals!
  • ajanmillie
    ajanmillie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Jan from Glen Burnie. I was a Rosedale girl for a while but hubby has family in AA county so here I am.
  • stephanie8625
    stephanie8625 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone -
    I am Stephanie, currently live in Pasadena, MD for about 3 yrs, before that Glen Burnie, MD !!
    Been in MD for about 11 years.
    Joined MFP in August and it is the best thing that I did -- always looking for more friends to support each other thru our journey !!

Anyone here near the Pasadena area and goes to LA Fitness? would love to have a gym support person !!

10344221.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Hi Stephanie! I usually go to the Crofton LA Fitness but my membership does allow for Pasadena's as well. We will have to get together for a workout sometime. I'm usually taking the group classes at Crofton but have only tried a couple of step classes at Pasadena. What kind of workouts do you do?
  • sweetsexy43
    Options
    Hi, I am Jan from Glen Burnie. I was a Rosedale girl for a while but hubby has family in AA county so here I am.

Hi Jan!! Welcome to the group..you use to be my neighbor im actually a turns away from the Rosedale area. Well, you still havent moved to far away. Hopefully, you can come out and join us one Saturday or Every other Sunday to workout and fellowship. Its always nice to be around others that have the same goal in mind. Saturday's we Zumba & Every other Sunday i just posted a 4mile walk around Montebello Park. Take care and hopefully, we will get a chance to meet!!
  • keshiahankins
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I was born and raised in Baltimore City. I have been looking for folk on MFP for a while from Baltimore and am just finding this group..lol. I now live in Baltimore County near Security Mall so if anyone is around the area and interested in working out, let me know. I have a membership to Planet Fitness on Rt. 40 and am looking for a workout buddy too.

I wanna start running but I feel so weird every time I do..I want to try many more different ways to change up my routine.
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm Atarah, 23 yo living in West Baltimore. Working college grad. Been on the weight loss journey for 15 months now, no surgery. So far I have lost 96 lbs. Looking to lose 104 more this year. Wanting to make friends who wouldnt mind getting together off of MFP and doing things. I want to have fun! I enjoy line dancing, Zumba, and I found I love to jog and walk when I can.

I read Women's Health magazines like a fanatic now.
    I watch the Biggest Loser whenever I can to keep me motivated.
    I workout 5-6 days a week.
    I like to look "cute" at the gym: colorful clothes, wearing earrings, nice sets, accessorizing, not overdone but when I LOOK GOOD I FEEL GOOD.
    I have been in and out of the weight loss game, but FINALLY it sticks and I have success. I appreciate it so much now and Praise Yah for allowing me to do this!
    Current areas of attention: core, arms, boosting metabolism, muscle retention
    I weigh myself daily.
    I am a Groupon and Living Social addict.
    I am a professional makeup artist.
    I love all things CUPCAKE.
    This MFP food diary was the BEST thing that ever happened to me! It is like the Facebook of weight loss! I previously came from Spark People and it is NOT nearly as good as this!
  • allBADgirl
    Options
    Hello everyone!! My name is Beverly. I learned about this site from a good guy friend from elementary school. Wasn't going to check it out (that stubborn chick in me) but decided to. And, you know what, this is just what I need! Was excited to find this group, too!

I've recently seperated from my H of 15 years - packed my stuff and moved from NC to MD and now live in Pasadena. I am finding myself in an exciting new world full of discovery about myself! I lost weight last year, but have decided that this is a new year and I am still working towards the new me, so this is NEW weightloss. I'm hoping to loose another 35 more, because I love curves and don't really see myself as a "skinny chick"
  • Kelra01
    Kelra01 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi there,
    I'm in Finksburg, MD which is in Carroll county. I am starting MFP today and I am excited to do it. I want to be able to feel better about my body and not scared to go shopping again. I have always had a bad time with weight control ever since I was about 16 years old. I think sticking with this will boost my confidence in so many ways. I belong to the Merritt Fitness in Eldersburg, MD so if anyone else is there let me know we can set up a workout date. I am still trying to boost my workouts and keep motivated. I am one to give up if I'm not motivated. I feel like if no one else cares what I look like why should I? The thing is, I have to get that out of my little head and start thinking of the future. I would like to actually loose 45 lbs that would bring me down to a healthy 130 lbs again, which is still over weight but I would be so much more comfortable there. Im only 5' tall so the weight hangs and it makes a muffin top no matter what I wear.
  • Lioness102
    Lioness102 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Greetings all,
    This is my first time here, not the first time on the weight roller coaster. Living in this area for 2 years now...originally from Florida. The problem is loss of motivation from time to time, hoping this is gonna be the last time.
    Grad student in legal studies & will be joining the Biggest Loser challenge at my school to help me out. I look forward to additional challenges from the group.

Peace!