Introductions ....

Options

Replies

• kimberlyg313
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am Kimberly and I live in Glen Burnie. I am from Michigan but my husband is in the military and we have been at Ft. Meade for a few years. The few friends I have made have moved away and I am looking for local support. I have been on here before but decided to start over. I currently go to school full time and am looking forward to getting healthy. If anyone around the area would like to get together and work out I am up for it. I do not have a gym membership but I am interested in getting one.
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone, My name is Leslie (smurfette). I'm in Owings Mills. I've been in the area for about 13 years. Born and raised in Charlotte, NC. Joined the Army and ended up here. Looking to do some races this year, so if anyone is aware of 5k or 10k, let me know. I mainly workout at home, no gym membership. I joined MFP this past summer and lost 15 pounds. I'm looking to improve my run and tone up.
  • Lioness102
    Lioness102 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    anyone here attend UB or live around the midtown/downtown area?
  • PandaLHU
    PandaLHU Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Jessica - I live on the Towson/Parkville border. I have been a member of MVP for a few yrs and used it big time before I really tried getting preggo but on May 21, 2011 I gave birth to twin boys. Since they were born I have been slowly loosing weight with just watching what I eat but I want to get back into tracking it and so forth. I am just having a hard time finding time to workout.
  • hellonheels88
    hellonheels88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I'm Melissa. I don't live in Baltimore but I will be moving there in just over a year. For now I'm stuck in Nebraska. Hope I can meet some fun people on this board before I move out that way!
  • candybubbles
    candybubbles Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello im new to MFP been using it now for over a month, and its working for me. I recently joined golds gym in dundalk, I work in baltimore city. Just need some support as this has been a struggle for me since a young kid now im in my early 30's and need a change in life !
  • JmeJinxx
    JmeJinxx Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Jessica - I live on the Towson/Parkville border.
    I'm from the same neighborhood, Jessica! That's awesome!

Anyway.. I'm Jamie and I just got serious with MFP about a week ago. I've got about 100lbs I'd like to lose but am breaking it down to smaller goals to keep myself motivated. :]
  • JenlynnM
    Options
    Hey group!

My names Jennifer
    I live in Aberdeen. I have had this MFP account forever but I'm just really starting to play with it. Its so much better than I remember it being.

Please feel free to add me if you need some extra motivation.

Also
    On Sundays or Mondays depending on weather I go to Susquehanna state park for a 3 mile hike / sometimes jog.
    if anyone is ever feeling adventurous your welcome to join!
    I run quite a bit @ home. I vary between 1.5 mile routes and a 3 mile route sometimes I walk for a bit sometimes I don't.
    I have a good cardio routine with the running, what I lack is strength training. its just no fun.

Happy tracking all! :)
  • Lioness102
    Options
    Hey group!

My names Jennifer
    I live in Aberdeen. I have had this MFP account forever but I'm just really starting to play with it. Its so much better than I remember it being.

Please feel free to add me if you need some extra motivation.

Also
    On Sundays or Mondays depending on weather I go to Susquehanna state park for a 3 mile hike / sometimes jog.
    if anyone is ever feeling adventurous your welcome to join!
    I run quite a bit @ home. I vary between 1.5 mile routes and a 3 mile route sometimes I walk for a bit sometimes I don't.
    I have a good cardio routine with the running, what I lack is strength training. its just no fun.

Happy tracking all! :)
  • Lioness102
    Options
    Hi The hike sounds great, when I find out where that is I will like to join! :happy:
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I just joined the group! I live just outside Baltimore City but I work in the Sparks area! This is my 2nd go round with MFP and it's going much better this time! Oh and I'm 29, turning 30 in December, which I try not to think about :laugh:
  • bfuture
    bfuture Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi!! I finally went total commitment to MFP this week and I am so amazed by the amount of knowledge I have gained since a few days ago... just from logging my food. So now, I am trying to find a couple of supporters locally (around columbia/ elkridge/ jessup area) to help workout with. I also was looking for people who would have similar weight goals and the added pressure of "new" mom over their head, to help with killing my excuses when times get tough and my motivation starts to die.

So, good luck Baltimore area and I look forward to making some new life long friends!!!
  • zumbasalsera
    Options
    Hi all! New to the area (military member, just stationed at Ft Meade), but I've been with MFP for a while. Did awesome last year getting in shape but fell off the bandwagon. But now I'm back at it, trying to find my routine and get my toned arms back :) I will be buying a home in Severna Park in a couple weeks, so not quite Baltimore but not too far. I am a licensed Zumba instructor and working on getting my Group Exercise Instructor certification through ACE. I'm trying to find a gym to teach at (just Zumba, Aqua Zumba, and/or Zumba Toning for now) that has a daycare option, so if any of you know of any connections, please enlighten me! And if anyone ever wants to meet up for a run I like to run too...I have two kids ages 3 and 4 that I push along in my double jogger, so I'm not too terribly fast while pushing all that way but I stick to it. Good luck to all of you and hope to meet some new friends here!
  • blaquepearlbeauty
    blaquepearlbeauty Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    HI! My name is Tia and I am 31 years old. I live in MD with my husband. I am currently about 150+ lbs overweight so my journey is long but my determination will get me there. I love all things beauty (hair, nails, makeup, skincare, shoes, clothes, accessories) so while I am an Admin.Asst in a higher learning institution during the day I am a freelance makeup artist and striving beauty blogger/vlogger as well. Since I take care of my outside so well it is time that I take care of my temple as a whole. I can't wait to get to know you ladies!!!!
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,560 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Linda. I have lived in MD my whole life and am struggling with weight loss. I'm down 42 lbs but still have about 80 to go so this is a long road for me. I love Zumba, cooking and books. I currently live in Dundalk which is in Baltimore Co.

I'm always looking for places to go and hang out with friends. And when there is food involved I'm always looking for ideas of things that I can order that won't get me in too much trouble. So any spots and specials I should know about let me know.
  • mtgbanker305
    mtgbanker305 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is James and I'm originally from Miami Fl (been in MD for about a decade now). Excited to loose weight and get back in shape. I've been slipping on my fitness ever since getting married several years back. My main motivation is to have more energy so I can keep up with my kids. It breaks my heart when I hear my son say "daddy more run' and I've got to take a break and catch my breath...

Sadly, I've been using food like a drug to feel just a little bit better. I've now made a commitment to turn to God with my cares and concerns rather than a half gallon (or a gallon) of breyers mint ice cream.

Looking forward to sharing progress with everyone here also looking to make a change for the better.
  • ssnyder44
    ssnyder44 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Shannon and I just signed up for MFP today by way of my trainer. I just finally got back into the gym and back with my trainer today after a very long pause and he recommended this site. I am a Weight Watchers user and I have to say that I will be cancelling that membership tonight and keeping this one since its free and the same thing it seems. I'm excited to get back into working out and eating better. It's been a long time coming and I'm too young (31) to be feeling so tired all the time... Time to make a change.

I hope to meet some cool people along the way :)
  • Monie1916
    Monie1916 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I live in Gambrills, MD, midway between Annapolis and Baltimore. I've been on MFP for two weeks and have set a goal for myself of 70 pounds to lose. I've committed to do that over a one year period. I've lived in this area for the past 11 years and I'm originally from southwestern Virginia and the Blue Ridge Mountains. I'm quite interested in meeting people in my area for weight loss support, friendship, and exercise support. I need to find some way to make exercise fun for myself so I'll be motivated to make it a priority in my day, rather than just something that only occasionally happens. I'd love to find a walking partner, as I seem to have the best success with that. If you're interested, please send me a message and we could try a walk together.
  • Torque03
    Torque03 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi, I'm Alex. I'm 30 yo and live in Owings Mills. I discovered MFP a few months ago and have been thrilled to have a free tool that lets me see what I'm really consuming. My goals are variable. I want to gain an addition 10 lbs. of muscle, but I also need to lose about 5 lbs. of belly fat. Once I enter a cutting phase, I would love to have other MFPers to run and do HIIT with me. Cheers
  • reesa722
    reesa722 Posts: 76
    Options
    Hey! I'm Theresa. I live in Overlea. I'm looking for walking partners, maybe jogging when my stamina reaches that point. I have 170 total pounds to lose, but I'm most interested in making lifestyle changes to the way I eat and the way I exercise.

Currently, I'm unemployed so I have a lot of down time. Looking to make friends too, since most of mine have moved away or been cut out of my life for several reasons.

Anywho - Just wanted to say Hi to everyone :) Feel free to friend!