Books on Clean Eating

Options
lisabstrong
lisabstrong Posts: 165 Member
Post your favorite books on clean eating here...

Replies

• Shayyy01
    Shayyy01 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Not sure if these books are specific to clean eating, but they do have alot of health substitutes

Cook yourself thin

and

Cook yourself thin faster.
  • lisabstrong
    lisabstrong Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Eat Clean Diet by Tosca Reno
    Low GI Diet
  • cjnolt
    cjnolt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My favorites are by Tosca Reno:
    The Eat-Clean Diet Recharged
    Your Best Body Now
    The Eat-Clean Diet Stripped
    The Eat-Clean Diet Just The Rules!
    The Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook
    The Eat Clean Diet Cookbook2

Also - Clean Eating Quick & Easy Meals by RKP Robert Kennedy Publishing

Jillian Michaels Master Your Metabolism
    Dr. Colbert's "I Can Do This Diet"

Clean Eating Magazine
    Oxygen Magazine
  • OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I have not read the whole thing, but The Kind Diet is a pretty amazing book.
    It is also vegetarian but it comes at many levels on why eating clean is so important.
  • molsenrice
    molsenrice Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    'The Precision Nutrition System' and 'Gourment Nutrition Cookbook'

Great nutritional information backed by science along with a group of people with fantastic credentials and real world experience. :)
  • onetwothreeme
    Options
    CLEAN by dr. alejandro junger. ITS MY NEW BIBLE!!!!!! he's amazing and breaks it down for you on what foods to avoid and talks all about the toxicity in the foods we eat. definitely definitely a must read for CLEAN eaters!!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    CLEAN by dr. alejandro junger. ITS MY NEW BIBLE!!!!!! he's amazing and breaks it down for you on what foods to avoid and talks all about the toxicity in the foods we eat. definitely definitely a must read for CLEAN eaters!!
    Thank you because I wanted another book besides Tosca's.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    These books are not specifically about "clean eating" but they have all played a part in shaping my philosophy of preferring to eat food that has been minimally processed.

"Fast Food Nation" by Eric Schlosser
    "Changing Habits, Changing Lives" by Cyndi O'Meara
    "In Defense of Food" by Micheal Pollan.
  • Shredded2011
    Options
    Whats the best book?
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Whats the best book?

The best book for what? :smile:
  • Shredded2011
    Options
    Whats the best book?

The best book for what? :smile:

Clean eating. This is the clean eating group.
    LOL
  • simplyeater
    simplyeater Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I enjoy reading all of the Bragg books (start with Bragg Healthy Lifestyle). Hard to believe that they got it so right so many years ago! Promoting clean eating since the 1940's! Sometimes they get a little "rainbow and butterfly" on you, but the logic is strong and the advice is sound.
  • deebelky
    deebelky Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Who has done "stripped" by Tosca? Worth the money? I've got a few of her others and love them. guessing this one is good, too, but am trying to get some feedback on it.
  • zephyrindc
    zephyrindc Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Animal, Vegetable, Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver. I highly, highly recommend this. It's like a well-written novel (but non-fiction) about how to live seasonally off the land.

Yes to Fast Food Nation and Michael Pollen's books!

For a cookbook that combines 1) whole foods, 2) seasonal menus, 3) nutrition information, and 4) wine pairings, try Wine, Food and Friends by Karen MacNeill.

Also check out No Impact Man (a movie, a book and a blog) by Colin Beavan (http://noimpactproject.org/). While the whole project is about reducing consumption, there is a large part about switching to a clean-eating type of lifestyle. Watching the movie and then reading the book made me more committed than ever to eating in a positive way.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    I really liked CLEAN by Dr. Junger. I just wish I could stick with the diet 100%. I eat organic eggs, tomatoes, peppers, kefir, and brown rice bread which are on the foods to avoid list.