Eat Clean Diet - Cooler 1

Options
Hi - I started this week with the ECD Cooler 1 plan (the strict one) and plan to do it through Friday then again next week. Tosca Reno recommends only doing this plan for short period of time no longer than 2 weeks. After next week I will switch to Cooler 2...

I noticed when I log my food my calories are less than 1000/day. If I also workout my net calories are way too low. Since this plan doesn't allow for nuts, oil, dairy, it's kind of hard to get the calories up without eating a ridiculous amount of protein.

Has anyone done this plan? Is it ok to eat low calories in the short-term? I'm concerned about starvation mode and I'm trying to kick start my weight loss, not do the opposite! I already feel better and I feel like I'm eating enough though.

I appreciate any advice!! Thanks!

Replies

• kendernau
    kendernau Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Short term, you really don't have to worry about starvation mode. It varies by person, from what I can tell, but anything up to a couple weeks I doubt will have any real lasting effect.
  • lisabstrong
    lisabstrong Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I would say that if you are not feeling hungry you are likely ok. My understanding is that it's about food combinations, portions and frequency of eating although cooler plan is restrictive. Sounds like you are doing well.
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I know I need to get this weight loss moving down again. I toy with the idea of doing this. Just haven't gotten brave enough to go through with it. I just got through my PMS stage, so really now is the best time for me to do something like this.