Where are you all from?

Options

Replies

• Thinknight
    Thinknight Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in Clare, Colleged in Cork...met himself there (also from cork) recently moved to Oz.
    Coming back for the wedding though...sure you'd have to! :drinker:
  • saperilla
    saperilla Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hiya - I'm from the North side of Dublin myself. Joined about two years ago and completely forgot about it until I went to join about two weeks ago and it told me I was already a member. I have about 50 pounds to loose and my slogan is "fifty gone and fit for fifty" as I'm about a year or so off the big 5-oh !! MFP is brilliant. Far better than WW or SW or any of the 'tenner a week' jobbies I've tried and failed with before. Best of luck to all of us !
  • DCaffrey
    DCaffrey Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Dublin - the northside :smile:
  • SarahRruns
    SarahRruns Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Cork, originally from Germany though... Does anybody do running in Cork? I'm training for the marathon in June :)
  • meekadublin
    Options
    Cork, originally from Germany though... Does anybody do running in Cork? I'm training for the marathon in June :)

Hi Sarah, are you training for the real marathon or just the 10K (what they call mini-marathon) ?
  • SarahRruns
    SarahRruns Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm training for the real marathon. But my goal is just to finish, it'll probably take be 5-6 hours though.
  • meekadublin
    Options
    I'm training for the real marathon. But my goal is just to finish, it'll probably take be 5-6 hours though.

Best of luck! i ran two marathons years ago (when i was in my twenties!!) and although it was tough I really really loved the feeling, sadly I was diagnosed with arthritis in my knee and had to give up running long distances. I am sure you will make it!!
  • starr326
    starr326 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Anne I live in Dublin & I've lived here all my life:happy:
  • starr326
    starr326 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I agree totally :happy:
  • maireadquille
    Options
    HI I'm from West Limerick!!
  • ginaxxxxx
    Options
    Hi I'm from West Dublin
  • Ammebee
    Ammebee Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.

Think im the first person here from Mayo. Joined ages ago but ive just gotten started using mfp. Any tips would be appreciated. Hope everyone is doing well.
  • kittee83
    kittee83 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey there, hope everyone is well tonight. Am from Galway :bigsmile:
  • smmadsen
    smmadsen Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Ok. I'm not from Ireland but I just Love the Irish and Ireland!
    My husband and I both have very strong Irish backgrounds. Sure. Sure. All Americans say that.
    Some of my favorite places are Galway, Doolin, Cobh, Cork, Tipperary, Clonmacnoise, and County Clare.

I am actually from Texas.
    Anyway, I have tried to replicate some of the soups and brown bread recipes but cannot.
    Does anyone have a recipe for Brown Bread?
    I know it's good but is it healthy for you?
    Hope nobody minds me being part of your group.
  • carolmcgov
    carolmcgov Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Kildare :)
  • czrewor
    czrewor Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Im Trevor from Dublin 10,,, schwarrrrr lol
  • becckii
    becckii Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Laois :smile: