Introductions

Options
13»

Replies

• mjslazak
    mjslazak Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    So good to "meet" everyone! Welcome! Feel free to friend me if you like... We got this!!! :happy:
  • Nu_Primal_Me
    Nu_Primal_Me Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is Charity, 38yrs old (soon to be 39) and I live in Kitchener, Ontario.

A little about me...engaged to the love of my life, have 4 dogs and a cat (and 1 foster dog), work in Investments but really, my passion is rescuing and training dogs...fills my heart with warmth. I tried a Primal lifestyle change for a few months with great success, but lost some momentum when there were some deaths of those close to me in the last half of 2012. I have decided that to not live my best life while I have it would be a tremendous insult to them and a huge waste for me, so here I am, taking the bull by the horns again.

Looking forward to getting to know you! Friend requests welcome as accoutability and support for each other can make all the difference in the world.

Cheers!
  • CATHYGAYM
    CATHYGAYM Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am so glad to have found this group on MFP. I am eating the Paleo way, have only been at it a week but quite motivated and encouraged to keep doing it. So far I am following it quite strictly and all is going well. I am not going to track my calories and food unless at some point I need to see better where my calories are derived from ( protein / carb / fat ) and or if I am sensing I may be eating too much and not able to continue to loose weight.

I am not normally a heavy meat eater so this is a bit of a challenge for me to bring up my meat eating to aprox 35 / 40 % of my total calories per day for protein especially when not getting significant protein from other sources.

My motivations are as follows, I have some weight I want to loose and keep off, I want to eat healthier and cleaner, I want to eat gluten free, I want to see if eating Paleo will result in better immune system functioning. Overall I want to see how it will improve my health.
  • CATHYGAYM
    CATHYGAYM Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am so glad to have found this group on MFP. I am eating the Paleo way, have only been at it a week but quite motivated and encouraged to keep doing it. So far I am following it quite strictly and all is going well. I am not going to track my calories and food unless at some point I need to see better where my calories are derived from ( protein / carb / fat ) and or if I am sensing I may be eating too much and not able to continue to loose weight.

I am not normally a heavy meat eater so this is a bit of a challenge for me to bring up my meat eating to aprox 35 / 40 % of my total calories per day for protein especially when not getting significant protein from other sources.

My motivations are as follows, I have some weight I want to loose and keep off, I want to eat healthier and cleaner, I want to eat gluten free, I want to see if eating Paleo will result in better immune system functioning. Overall I want to see how it will improve my health.
  • sociologywoman
    sociologywoman Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm redoing my Whole 30...I did this about 2 or 3 months ago and felt great, I've been doing a paleo/primal but without grains for a while, but am back on the whole 30 again...I' hoping to make it a whole 60 but looking at the first 30 days FIRST lol..