Introduce yourself here. I'll start...

Options
wbgolden
wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
Hello, fellow Walk/Run/Crawlers.

I'm Will/Bill/Billy. You can call me what you want, just please not "William" or "Willy" lol.

Single father of 3 (2 still at home) and runner, mostly. I am training for my second half Marathon this month, a full Marathon whenever I find it's going to work, and sprint Triathlon late August 2012. One of these days, I may even run an ultra-Marathon.

I'd really like to know more about the folks I've spent the last few weeks running/walking/crawling across the country with :)

Replies

• Squible
    Squible Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Deb

Just joined this group and will start my 15miles a week this coming sunday :)

I was a runner but stopped after college and been trying to get back into it over the past year I have been in and out of running due to injury so hopefully this will get me back into it :)

Anyway I'm 22 just changed jobs after being made redundant and have lots of spare time which I have been using to eat and watch tv (I habit I NEED to break) Moved in with my boyfriend and we both need to lose weight and change our diets.

so hope to join in with it all next week :)
  • WalkWell
    Options
    Hello People
    What a great idea for a group. Right lets keep each other on task on this one! Saturday I am going on a hike so this week will be easy.
  • Matttdvg
    Matttdvg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Matt. I wasn't involved in this when it was on the forums, but it looks really fun and I hope no one minds me joining. I'm from the UK, weigh about 360lb and am looking to lose a lot of weight. At the moment pretty much all of my exercise is through walking, and having a target of 15 miles a week seems like a really cool way to stay motivated, especially as it gets colder and it gets harder to motivate myself to go for a walk.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm Rachel. Been in this group for a few weeks now. I mostly run and walk, but I also try to swim whenever I can get to the gym. It's been harder since I recently (as in this week) started working two jobs...

I have my second ever 5k on Saturday, and am also training for a 10 miler in March. I'm hoping to try for a half marathon in the summer.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Shannon.

Was a avid runner and then developed some back troubles and stopped. Gained 30-pounds back :explode: and am slowly trying to plod my way back into running again.

Nice to meet ya'll and look forward to getting to know you. :smile:
  • Ifly4free
    Ifly4free Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hello, My name is Tracy and I've been with the group for a few weeks now. I am married and we have 3 kids 10,13 & 15. We live in northern Ohio. I have been on MFP for about 3 months now. I was at my highest weight this year, 141 lbs. not including my pregnancy weight. All my clothes were getting really tight plus I have been having some intestinal issues, probably from all the garbage I was eating. Watching what I eat and only eating healthy foods, I feel so much better. All my friends and family think I am crazy for doing this. I have a goal weight of 115, but it's really not so much about that anymore. I just want to get healthy, leaner and overall feel better. I have seen a huge difference in just 3 months.
    Thanks for inviting me into your group and now I'm off to the treadmill!

Tracy:happy:
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, Aggie here, used to be a great runner with my brother in 2001-2004, broke a bone in the ball of my left foot, long recovery. In the meantime, my brother passed away, which led me to gain a massive number of weight :( I stopped running, I couldn't- it was something we enjoyed together. I'm ready to get back in the game now- ready to run again with my brother... I am getting his name tattooed on my left foot sometime. A little tribute. I will never run alone, he will always run with me. :O)

I hope everyone has a beautiful day!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    . I will never run alone, he will always run with me. :O)

That's lovely. :heart: :smile:
  • pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Kathy. I'm 55 years old and the mom of 3 great kids.
    I share a house with my son and also my oldest daughter and her family (bf and 17 month old son). My youngest daughter is living in Texas and I really wish she would move back here!
    I am currently unemployed and have been walking a LOT with my grandson (he loves to run!) and also using walking videos when the weather is too nasty for us to go outside.
    I originally lost over 80 pounds but gained back 20 due to a bout of depression. I am now working at getting the rest of the weight off.
  • ChristinaK42
    Options
    (New to this group)

Hi, I'm Christina, I live in Washington and am a stay-at-home mom of 8. 5 have yet to leave the nest. I've had a lot of ups and downs with running. Started my first run 15 years ago. Quit running when I got married the second time 10 years ago, now I'm back at it again: 4 years in the making. Fractured my shin bone a little over a year ago, broke my foot in the spring...now, I'm completely healed and hitting the road hard again.

I love challenges and this one will keep me motivated. I'm hoping to hit a couple of marathons this summer and redo a 50K that trashed my knees. (Need to find a different approach in conquering the DOWN hills)
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the delay in introducing myself.

My name is Theresa but please call me Reese. I have one daughter and grand daughter. Currently unemployed and actively seeking a job.

I quit smoking almost three years ago and put on few pounds, per my daughters suggestion I joined MFP. I took up running in January of this year. So far I have done to races, the Warrior Dash and one for Stop Child Trafficking Now and for the latter I came in 4th for my age, does it count that there were only for women in my age range, lol....

I truly hope you enjoy the Run, Walk and Run Challenges. As you see we are currently crossing the states using US Route 50!
    Joining this challenge you are meeting a great group of people. If you have any question don't hesitate to ask. WB, myself or one of you fellow challengers are more happy to help you!

Reese :)
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Sharon. I am 42 and married to a wonderful man that does everything with me. I have 3 kids, twin boys that are 25 and a daughter that is 17. I have been running for about 15 years, but just started running long distances about 2 years ago. I love to run and I do some biking, even though I haven't done any this year. My bike has two flat tires :ohwell:

I will be doing my first half marathon this Sunday with my husband. I'm really excited! I plan on doing a half in March and in August. I have done some tri's but only the biking and running part. I am not a swimmer!! LOL I plan on doing the local tri in Sept with my husband.

Nice to meet all of yall!!
  • eed_bookworm
    Options
    Hi All,
    My name is Erinn. I have been participating in this group off and on since Reese started it. I have two sons and a wonderful husband who support me in all my efforts. We purchased a treadmill at the beginning of September as a present for the family. Since the first week of September, I have logged over 94 miles on the treadmill plus additional outdoor walking and jogging.

Though I enjoy exercise, jogging was never my activity of choice. However, it has become, along with walking, my favorite activity. I usually get a little more than two miles logged every morning before work and additional walking during the day. I "ran" a 5K in April 2011 with a fellow MFP member. It was my first race in 25 years (since I was on the high school track team)!
  • nonafit
    nonafit Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    My turn! My turn! :happy:

I am Punita; 36 years old. Single mom to a wonderful boisterous (if not annoying) 8 years old boy. I started piling on weight 8 years ago. Can you catch the link here?

Anyway I was athletic long long time ago during varsity days. I played netball, basketball but squash during the gold old days. The competative sports kept me fit but gave me some injuries as well. But I was never a runner. Never never never....I suck big time.

I joined this group from the beginning of me joinning MFP. Hence this my 3rd Week in this challenge. After 3 weeks I can slow jog for at least 10 mintues at a time. Which is an achievement for me. I wouldn't have thought that I could have done that in a million years.

And it had never occurred how fun and blissful running can be.
  • nonafit
    nonafit Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    My turn! My turn! :happy:

I am Punita; 36 years old. Single mom to a wonderful boisterous (if not annoying) 8 years old boy. I started piling on weight 8 years ago. Can you catch the link here?

Anyway I was athletic long long time ago during varsity days. I played netball, basketball but squash during the gold old days. The competative sports kept me fit but gave me some injuries as well. But I was never a runner. Never never never....I suck big time.

I joined this group from the beginning of me joinning MFP. Hence this my 3rd Week in this challenge. After 3 weeks I can slow jog for at least 10 mintues at a time. Which is an achievement for me. I wouldn't have thought that I could have done that in a million years.

And it had never occurred how fun and blissful running can be.

Ops I forgot to add that I am from Malaysia. Its a beautiful place...or so I would like to think. So if happen any of you are travelling to this part of the world......we can met up and run together...:bigsmile:

You can check it out here (my not very regularly update blog under the labels of local trips)
    http://itjustbegan.blogspot.com/
  • sammylc
    sammylc Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Punita - Malaysia certainly looks lovely.

Hi everyone I'm Sam. 40 years old (oh no I said the f word), married with 2 gorgeous girls. I'm from Leeds in the UK, starting to get chilly here now for the winter so it's harder to get motivated and get out there. I'm sure this group will help with that. I have about 20 or so pounds to lose, but it is going so slowly. I've been on MFP since September and only lost 4lbs so far. Having said that I feel 100 times fitter than before so I must be doing something right.
  • nicolemariedwyer
    nicolemariedwyer Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Nicole, just had a beautiful baby girl in January and am still carrying the weight around with me! I am tired of being uncomfortable in my own body and am taking the steps to try to live a healthier life for both myself and my daughter! 15 miles a week sounds like a good plan to keep me working towards a goal!
  • marathonbiker
    marathonbiker Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Tom or Tommy323(lol)! I am new to this site! Started running a little over a year ago as a way to lose wt. I've never stopped! In Feb 2011 I joined a running grp to stay motivated. Every Sat they run 3.2 mi. 2 wks ago I completed my 3rd H Marathon in a costume 3hrs20min13sec. At 62 I'm proud of my Accomplishment! Part of my success is that I gave up many unhealthy lifestyle practices, which included smoking(smokefree for 1900 d). Joined a gym and another board wt loss support grp. To date I have lost 54 lbs. Currently in the 18th week of a Marathon training plan. This Sat will be running 18 mi. Jan 15th running 1st Marathon in Az. :smile:
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Hi!

My name is Lindalou, I am from Seattle, WA. I was always anti physical activity. I HATED running, sports, cycling, all that stuff...

Until I quit smoking on August 8, 2011. That's when I started running.

I ran my first 5k on Sept 25th, my second on Oct 23rd, and have my third coming up on Nov 20th. I eventually want to try running a half, but for now 5k is the perfect distance.

So far I have really only ran outside, but as the weather here is getting pretty gross and I am a wuss, I need to make my way to a gym.

It's so awesome to have all you people to "run" with!
  • Bajankat
    Bajankat Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Kathy and I'm a 41 year old wife of one and mother of two, with a grandaughter who I currently have custody of. I live in New Castle, DE and I'm a Correctional Officer.
    I gained weight as I had children and then got married and comfortable with eating like my husband. In 2007-08 I lost 30lbs with Weight Watchers and then I had major surgery which caused me to gain it and more back. I have been struggling with the weight ever since, having dreams of me being smaller. Thats when I decided to lose this weight and live life like I wanted to. I was not letting these bad dreams take over me, I took over my body and here I am.
    As an adult I have never ran and my goal is to eventually run, Thanks to Reese I will be using C25K to learn this daunting task. I look forward to running with you guys.

Kathy