Welcome to our official group!

Options
debs6
debs6 Posts: 232 Member
Thanks to BlackwoodsMom - as she alerted me to the new Groups facility that was introduced recently- so I hopped on this morning and did what I could to find us a formal place here.
Hopefully the message was send all 126 participants of our old thread- to invite them here but I am worried about typos that I may have made so please pass the message on that we will be relocating here. I will place a message on the old thread as well so that people know where we are.
Yay - we now have a spot for us that will hopefully not pose problems like maximum postings etc that we would have encountered on the old thread once we reached the 20 page mark.
Welcome everyone and hopefully this new group page will be as healthy and as informative as the old thread.

Debbie

Replies

• 1960lisa
    1960lisa Posts: 193
    Options
    Thanks for setting up the group Debbie.... its great to have a forum to talk about all the weird and wonderful and not so wonderful symptoms of menopause.... we all have a lot in common and as the old saying goes... a problem shared is a problem halved.... well, not sure if its really halved.... but I think it is good to share and I also find comfort in reading of other people's experiences.

:heart: Lisa
  • Wallaby2
    Wallaby2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, I've just joined this group. I'm 44 and have been experiencing perimenopausal symptoms off and on for a year. Mainly it the hot flushes that bother me the most and getting up once or twice through the night to go to the toilet. I have noticed the hot flushes are less intense and shorter in duration since I'm eating well, reduced caffeine & alcohol (nearly entirely) and exercise regularly.

I'm quite sad and even ashamed that it's happened to me so early. Anyway, I'm looking forward to linking up with other women here. Thanks for starting the group.
  • Georganna1962
    Options
    Good Morning! It's 4am and I am of course wide awake. That's one of things I just love about menopause. However, I am sure that I am not alone. Strange though, it was over a year since I've had a period and thought I was done with that and now that I've been exercising a losing weight I had a period last week. Has that happened to anyone else. I do not really want to start this over again at almost 50. (I will be 50 in Feb.). :drinker:
  • vizamy
    vizamy Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yeah, good to have a group! It will make it easier to keep tabs on the conversation/s. :D
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I've just joined your group. I'm 47 and I'm post-menopausal. I must admit I had a fairly easy time: some hot flashes, mostly during the summer months and during the day. My biggest issue was insomnia - waking up at 3:00 and falling back asleep around 5:30 - 6:00. That being said, I noticed that I am sleeping so much better since I increased the frequency and intensity of my workouts. I have no idea if it's related or not, but I'll take it!
  • momcindy
    momcindy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Glad to be part of this support group. I'm frustrated beyond words with trying to lose weight. I feel like I have to fight for every ounce lost, then fight some more to keep it away.
  • gvswaim
    Options
    Thank you for setting up this group I am 52
  • Dragonfly1996
    Dragonfly1996 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Yay great group - nice to meet u all!!

I am 43 & also experiencing some perimenopausal symptoms. Mainly increased body temperature & get hot facial flushes!! Also get over emotional sometimes!!

I am married & my hubby laughs as I am always saying I am hot & shedding layers whilst he is usually cold. Alright for him isn't it? Men done have stupid fluctuating hormones throwing their body balance out!! :ohwell:

He also loses weight really easily - I went up to 154lb by the beginning of the year which is a lot for me. Have managed to lose 14.5lb but still have 14 to go to target. Think it's gonna take me til next year as 6lb went back on over the summer & I keep hitting plateaus which is soooo frustrating & can get very down about that at times, even though I do a lot of running & exercise & am fitter than I was 20 years ago - stupid eh?! I did lose some inches & fat % but even they have stalled!!!

Always nice to "meet" other women in the same boat!! :flowerforyou:
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies! First I want to send a big shoot out to Deb for setting this up for all of us, hopefully this group will be a great success and we can help each otherthrough sharring.
    I have perimenopausal symptoms that have shorted the lenght of my TOM and made the flow weaker and I skip a day on day 4 and day 5 I will havee spotting. I graph my weight daily and also put down when TOM is supost to arrive. Up intill my 40's TOM visited every 30-33 days. When I turned 40 TOM came every 26 days, today I'm 46 yrs. old. In graphing my weight/cycles I see a new patternone month 20-22 days next month 26 days.
    My Daughter has helped me by explaining that lossing the cycle doe not mean we are old! It simply means we are out of eggs. We are born with just so many eggs and when they are gone there is no need for a cycle. The cycle is there to wash away the unfertalized egg. I hope this knowledge will comfort someone like it did me.
  • GettingFit4Me2011
    Options
    I got the message! So glad we have our own group now!
  • opalmel
    opalmel Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yay! Thanks for setting up the group Deb!
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Dragonfly, YEAH for Inches and Body fat loss! I would take that over a scale loss any day! Took me one year to lose ten pounds to get to my firts goal of 155 my lightist adult weight, the nutritionist said it would take that long and she was spot on. Know I'm look at my last goal of 138 the lowest weight for my BMI I think it will take me two years to get there, but in the mean time I'm lossing body fat and inches and my weight is sometimes up two pounds or the same as last month when measured. People always say I'm looking great and how much more have I lost. They are surprised that I havent lost, because they can see a difference in my body. So that is why I'll take gaining muscle and lossing some body fat and inches over seeing the scale number go down : ) !
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for setting this up Deb. We can commiserate with each other and lean on each other. This time of life really sucks, lol. I wish it was like a switch....one day you're having regular cycles etc, the next you just suddenly have it all turned off, no symptoms. Ah, if only women ruled the universe! :ohwell:
  • kimiel51
    kimiel51 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I'm glad we have an official group now! Thanks! I'm Kim and I'm 51!
  • kellyb63
    kellyb63 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Good to see we have moved here. I'm still going through the change. Haven't had a cycle in 13 months, my hair is not falling out as much as it was two years ago. I still have "duh" moments, tingling, lack of concentration and mood swings. I put on a ton of weight in the last ten years and now that I'm 48, I'm determined to get my weight under control. I really want to be 135 or lower at age 50.

Now that I have cut out sodas, lots of bad foods and exercising a lot more I do sleep much better at night. Now if I could find the miracle cream to stop the wrinkles from forming I'd be happy.
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Thanks Debbie for the group
    I'm 52
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm 41 and started perimenopause last year at age 40. I was trying for another baby (had my first at age 39) and wondered why my cycles only came along every 5-6 months. Then they stopped completely. Went to a fertility doctor and found out I didn't have any follicles left (no more eggs). =( "Perimenopause."

I was getting mild hot flashes a few times a day, until my doctor put me on a low-dose birth control pill recently. Now the hot flashes are gone, but unfortunately "Aunt Flo" has returned. It's like my body playing a cruel joke on me, since I'm not really ovulating & can't have any more children! Grrr....

Glad to have a place to discuss this stuff with other ladies.
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    Awesome group!

I had a total hyster Dec '07. Talk about a life changing experience. For me I would do it all over again..in a heartbeat. Dealing with the hot flashes, well I suppose that's easier to deal with than the bleeding issues I was having.
  • empc
    empc Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! Thanks for adding me to your group! My name is Elaine, I am 56. I also had a hysterectomy a few years back. Still have some hot flashes but nothing like they were. Biggest issue for me is not being able to lose weight. I feel like i have been dieting forever with no end in sight.
  • Laurelje
    Laurelje Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I am 42 (almost 43) and started experiencing hot flashes this past year. At first it was just waking up once at night, drenched in sweat...not too bad. But then it started happening during the day, and 2-3 times a night, even with a fan directly on me. That's when I finally saw a doc, and she put me on low-dose birth control pills. Hallelullah, I sleep through the night, and no more hot flashes! No flow issues, so I guess I'm lucky. I have been on a weight plateau, but I eat right and exercise, so I'm not too concerned - maybe my body is happy where it's at, and that's fine with me. I am happy to be in this group!