How is everyone doing?

Options
chipper15173
chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
good morning,
figured i would get a daily going here. how are you all doing?
just did part of JM 6 pack ab workout. body just wasn't going to go further. i did a good gym workout yesterday, must be why. thinking i may go for a walk, but, will end up doing some running once the music takes over.
meals to plan for the day. had steelhead last night, so either beef or chicken tonight. that's whats in the freezer.
well, hope you have a great day.

Replies

• ondogirl
    ondogirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    good morning,
    figured i would get a daily going here. how are you all doing?
    just did part of JM 6 pack ab workout. body just wasn't going to go further. i did a good gym workout yesterday, must be why. thinking i may go for a walk, but, will end up doing some running once the music takes over.
    meals to plan for the day. had steelhead last night, so either beef or chicken tonight. that's whats in the freezer.
    well, hope you have a great day.

Hi there! Sounds like you have a busy day planned. Nice progress, BTW!

My goals for today are to:
    1. Get a minimum of 1200 calories, max of 1500
    2. 12-15 grams of carbs from vegetables.
    3. Max of 20 total carbs (induction).
    4. Oh yeah, physical activity - get my minimum of 30 minutes walk today. Also later one will try to get some time in on the elliptical.
  • MjDavis1981
    MjDavis1981 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am very tired today! No energy what so ever. Supposed to go to Zumba, but I'm just completely worn out.
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I just started some steroids yesterday, so my big goal today is to actually get some sleep! I get insomnia so bad when on these damn things. I'd love to do some workout, but I have 0 energy since I've been up since 1am
  • punkinbaby1
    punkinbaby1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    my goal.....find bbsitter and releave some of my stress!! stress is nasty!! and i have had my fill!! :ohwell:
  • chipper15173
    Options
    morning...

dittiepe....i take steroids in my advair for asthma. luckly it's such a little amount doesn't seem to affect me.
    zumba tonight, so excited. love this teacher. so will be turkey burgers for dinner. also have an easy dinner on zumba nights.

have a good one.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Morning all. This has been a crummy week for me. I put on water weight do to eating badly last weekend. As of this morning I've lost the 6 extra lbs of water but am still feeling yucky. I've been struggling to stay under 1200 calories and 60grams of carbs each day. My plan this weekend is to look back at my diary and see what worked for me and then plan all my meals instead of winging it next week. My problem is the limitations I have set for myself:

1200 calories a day (trying not to eat more per the Dr. even though you earn exercise calories)
    90-120 grams protein
    Less than 100 grams carbs per day but aiming for only 60-70 grams
    NO Artificial Sweetener, Stevia is fine
    No Gluten (I'm Celiac)

I get so tired of plain food so lately have been making a lot of stuff that tastes good, but then it puts me over in calories and carbs. Anyone have any ideas?
  • shortemr
    shortemr Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hey eveyone, it's my tenth day of induction. I'm up to seven pounds loss so I'm pretty happy. :)

Today I need to:
    Study for my killer Microbiology exam,
    Clean my room,
    Get to the gym
    and get dressed. Hahaha.

Okay off I go.
  • velarneyraptor
    velarneyraptor Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi Nici, check out my diary for some food ideas, daily intake is very similar to what you're aiming for. I can provide recipes too if you like. My meals are big (alot of vegetables) and I don't get hungry on them (I like to include cheese, eggs and either tuna, ham or chicken in each meal). I eat alot of frittatas with veggies and I now like to replace an egg with cottage cheese.
  • dittiepe
    Options
    Morning all. This has been a crummy week for me. I put on water weight do to eating badly last weekend. As of this morning I've lost the 6 extra lbs of water but am still feeling yucky. I've been struggling to stay under 1200 calories and 60grams of carbs each day. My plan this weekend is to look back at my diary and see what worked for me and then plan all my meals instead of winging it next week. My problem is the limitations I have set for myself:

1200 calories a day (trying not to eat more per the Dr. even though you earn exercise calories)
    90-120 grams protein
    Less than 100 grams carbs per day but aiming for only 60-70 grams
    NO Artificial Sweetener, Stevia is fine
    No Gluten (I'm Celiac)

I get so tired of plain food so lately have been making a lot of stuff that tastes good, but then it puts me over in calories and carbs. Anyone have any ideas?

Please don't stay under 1200 calories. You'd do better to go slightly over. I don't have a lot of gluten free food recipes, I'm sorry to say. But please check the site to see if there's any on there that you could alter to fit that need.
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Two nights of committing carbacide last weekend knocked me out of ketosis. :frown: So that has been my focus!
  • chipper15173
    Options
    good morning....
    i have done a great job this weekend staying within my calories and carb counts. it's not always the easiest time for me.

i have to learn to live through life as a great adventure, not weather i ate well or not. it's to be enjoyed not beat myself up cause i ate something and blew the whole day. for me this is the hardest thing to do....
  • dittiepe
    Options
    I've done pretty well this weekend too. I'm down 3lb, which makes it 100lb lost! I love the whoosh fairy!
  • Shannonigans84
    Options
    I've done pretty well this weekend too. I'm down 3lb, which makes it 100lb lost! I love the whoosh fairy!

What an amazing accomplishment!! Congrats!
  • shortemr
    shortemr Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose any weight this weekend, but I didn't gain either. Which is good because I had a beer last night, it was just one, but still. :/

I have a question, how do you know if you're in ketosis?
  • chipper15173
    Options

FANTASIC.....feel proud of yourself. now what is your reward? none food of course.

i planned sundays to be my rest day and it has been great. get day to reflect on the coming week and what i need to get done.

later
  • DahnaLane
    DahnaLane Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have a question, how do you know if you're in ketosis?

For me, I can generally start to tell by my breath... it starts getting funky.

But to really tell I use the urinalysis strips that detect keytones. After a week of induction I check my progress to see if I am in ketosis yet. The strips are found online (Amazon) and run aprox $15 for 70-100 strips. I will start checking 3-4 days into phase 1 to see if I am heading in the right direction.
  • Shannonigans84
    Options
    I bought test strips in the diabetic section of Walmart. Supposedly they aren't accurate detecting the amount of ketones in your system, but if the strip changes at all; you're in. I do notice my breath in the morning when I wake up much raunchier than normal, and I'm very thirsty. It took me 7 days to get back in w/out doing strict induction.
  • dittiepe
    Options

FANTASIC.....feel proud of yourself. now what is your reward? none food of course.

A Kindle Fire :)