Ahhh Nursing School

Options
Jamaica113
Jamaica113 Posts: 73 Member
Ok so we all know nursing school is HELL on earth! I had lost almost 50lbs and with the stress of the last two semesters I have gained back about 15lbs of that. Its really easy to let the stress get the best of you. Its easy to choose bad snacks in between breaks and who has time to exercise during nursing school?? I know it takes a lot of motivation to add something more into your schedule but I have to keep telling myself that if I could just add 30 mins of cardio three times a week it would help. It would not only help with our weight loss goals but with the stress.

"Nothing tastes as good as thin feels"

Looking forward to Graduation- Dec 2011

Replies

• hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I'm in my Sophomore year of nursing school. I was 120lbs for most of my adolescent and teenage life until I moved in with my boyfriend's family and started college. Then I got an injury too and gained more weight. By the time I decided I needed to get back into shape, I had gained almost 30lbs and was at 147lbs. I'm now down to 132lbs, but fluctuating. Eating at school has been hard, because they don't really take weight loss into consideration, and it's really hard for me to say no to the ice cream machine :)
  • rosemiller11
    rosemiller11 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I am not actually a nursing student yet... but I am finishing my prereqs this semester, and have applied for the program. Haven't heard yet if I got accepted or not, so yeah, hopefully. Anyways, my name is Rose, and I am lookin forward to bein a part of this group.
  • Jamaica113
    Options
    Good luck Rose!!! Nursing school is tough but you will get through it and remember........C equals RN!!! :)
  • hm_day
    Options
    Good luck Rose!!! Nursing school is tough but you will get through it and remember........C equals RN!!! :)

Is that kind of like the "When in doubt, pick C"? :)
  • rebeccaME207
    rebeccaME207 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi my fellow Nurse schoolers! Im studying for my PAX exam then when they have an avail spot I start RN clinicals! Its been a long road and waiting isnt easy. But, gotta stick w it so I can rock those hot scrubs ha ha !! Glad we have a group !! Enjoy your weekend!
  • Jamaica113
    Options
    No, I mean that as long as your grade is a C then you are passing. Nursing school is hard and sometimes we pray for C's. :)
  • hm_day
    Options
    No, I mean that as long as your grade is a C then you are passing. Nursing school is hard and sometimes we pray for C's. :)

Haha, yeah, I know. I just remember taking like, the standardized tests with the little fill-in bubbles and people always saying "If you don't know what the answer is, and you have to guess, it's probably C."
  • Dawnealice
    Dawnealice Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am a junior nursing student... gearing up for finals in three weeks.... I'm avoiding my horrible habit of stress eating... agh
  • flyawaybyebye
    Options
    I'm just finishing up prereqs for nursing school as well. Several of my friends from my prereq courses are just finishing their first quarter of nursing school, and they're all soooo overwhelmed! I'm glad I'm going to have a couple of quarters off before I start - I think I'll need the rest!

Did any of you who are current nursing students work as a CNA before you started school? I've been working as a CNA since May (while in school) and will continue to work once I'm done with my classes. I'm hoping the experience will help me not feel quite as overwhelmed my first few quarters of nursing school...
  • BrittanyNHill
    BrittanyNHill Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm just about to complete my first year in my RN?ASN progrm! Phew! Nursing school is TOUGH!!! If any of you are pre-nursing students and would like some advice, feel free to add me. OR, if any of you are BSN students or are currently graduated RN's and have any advice to give, please add me! :)
    -Brittany
  • BrittanyNHill
    BrittanyNHill Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oops, RN/ASN** lol
  • Judanjos
    Judanjos Posts: 87
    Options
    I'm in my first semster of Nursing School and tonight is my second test. Ironically I am not over eating...I'm under eating , which can be just as bad...and also totally irony It includes nutrition, I&O and Activity/Rest.... :)
  • camcguire63
    camcguire63 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey! Thank you for that! I will start Nursing Program at 2 year school this fall. I already feel a little burned out with school - taking finals this week. Will take summer off of school so I can be refreshed for the fall. I'm so frazzled by hearing over and over again how brutal nursing school is!!!! Need some positive vibes people!!