Starting Maintenance

Options
beaner1st
beaner1st Posts: 229 Member
I just started on maintenance. So glad to have support. I keep reminding myself it is a lifestyle change. I lost 30 pounds since April and find my body likes this weight of 115-117. I am 5'2". MFP says my maintenance calories are 1420 since I work a desk job. It sucks to be short. :) Going to have to keep exercising so I can eat more. I am now working on "toning."

Replies

• ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Congrats and the weight loss and welcome to the hard part!!!!
  • Gwendalyne
    Gwendalyne Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss and reaching your goal...remembering it is a lifestyle is so key :)
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    congrats on your weight loss!!!!
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm the same hight as you so I feel your pain having to exercise to eat more!
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 9, and 168 lbs. My maintenance calories are 2120, I'm struggling at the moment coming from 1200 cals previously.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I just started on maintenance. So glad to have support. I keep reminding myself it is a lifestyle change. I lost 30 pounds since April and find my body likes this weight of 115-117. I am 5'2". MFP says my maintenance calories are 1420 since I work a desk job. It sucks to be short. :) Going to have to keep exercising so I can eat more. I am now working on "toning."

just bare in mind that MFP might be out with your maintenance cals. it says mine should be 1600, but i actually am maintaining my weight NETTING 1800 (eating 2000-2100).
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 9, and 168 lbs. My maintenance calories are 2120, I'm struggling at the moment coming from 1200 cals previously.

try increasing by 100 cals every couple of weeks, you will soon enjoy being able to eat more again, just make sure it is 90% good choices!
  • talk2tiff
    talk2tiff Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hello gang :o) Thats what im doin increase cals 100 at a time. I'm only just getting over the scariness of it after eating so few cals for months all of a sudden i'm not focusing on the cals so much as the protein at the min. Did anyone else sind it a bit scary at first?
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Hello gang :o) Thats what im doin increase cals 100 at a time. I'm only just getting over the scariness of it after eating so few cals for months all of a sudden i'm not focusing on the cals so much as the protein at the min. Did anyone else sind it a bit scary at first?

yes, it was so odd. i added a morning snack which gave me an extra 100-150 cals per day, and then chosing full fat stuff, like cottage cheese was weird but now i just enjoy being able to eat 2000 cals, as long as most of them are healthy stuff!!
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options

try increasing by 100 cals every couple of weeks, you will soon enjoy being able to eat more again, just make sure it is 90% good choices!

Thanks so much, I've decided to lose a little more, then I'll use that method.