Welcome

Options
2»

Replies

• BeccaB1981
    BeccaB1981 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Becky. I have 2 weeks left on C25K and I *think* I want to start B210K after I finish. I have to say I haven't loved C25K but I do like the sense of accomplishment I get after each time I run a little longer/farther. I really didn't think I would continue running after I finish C25K but I saw on my local news stations website that registration begins today for a 10K in March and for some crazy reason that I can't explain something inside me got excited to sign up for it!! I am going to run my first 5K 10 days from today so as long as that goes decent enough I think I will go ahead and sign up for the 10K and hopefully with the helpd of this program and group I will be ready by then :happy:
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    Hi, my name is Becky. I have 2 weeks left on C25K and I *think* I want to start B210K after I finish. I have to say I haven't loved C25K but I do like the sense of accomplishment I get after each time I run a little longer/farther. I really didn't think I would continue running after I finish C25K but I saw on my local news stations website that registration begins today for a 10K in March and for some crazy reason that I can't explain something inside me got excited to sign up for it!! I am going to run my first 5K 10 days from today so as long as that goes decent enough I think I will go ahead and sign up for the 10K and hopefully with the helpd of this program and group I will be ready by then :happy:
    Hi Becky.
    I just finished C25K this AM. I am a graduate!!
    I think you will do great doing a 5K or a 10K in the Spring.
    It can be a goal to get you through the winter months.
    I know the cold weather is going to make the 6wk 10K program longer for me since I only run outside.
    But it is about going the distance for me...not the time so much.
    Friend me if you like and we can encourage one another.

Keep pushing forward
  • fitnessyeoja
    fitnessyeoja Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I can't believe I'm here! I'm buds with "mostaverage", a recent graduate of B210K. I'm looking to start the B210K program this week. I graduated from the C25K program in March. I have ran several 5Ks and have improved my time with each run. I'm looking to push myself further now. If any of you are in process of the B210K and are committed to completing the program and want to be mutual cheerleaders, please add me as a friend. If you've finished the program, I'd still love to be pals with you if you're serious about your health and would like to support each other. I am dedicated, focused, and an extremely hardworker. Let's reach greater goals together!

I have registered for my first 10K for October!

Cheers,
    Linda
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I can't believe I'm here! I'm buds with "mostaverage", a recent graduate of B210K. I'm looking to start the B210K program this week. I graduated from the C25K program in March. I have ran several 5Ks and have improved my time with each run. I'm looking to push myself further now. If any of you are in process of the B210K and are committed to completing the program and want to be mutual cheerleaders, please add me as a friend. If you've finished the program, I'd still love to be pals with you if you're serious about your health and would like to support each other. I am dedicated, focused, and an extremely hardworker. Let's reach greater goals together!

I have registered for my first 10K for October!

Cheers,
    Linda

Having a 10K in October is good timing!! I love running a 5k but there's something about 6.2 miles that just feels euphoric :)
  • virginiejaubin
    virginiejaubin Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Graduated from C25K on Saturday when I ran my 1st 5K distance in my neighborhood. I have my 1st official 5K race on September 23. I plan on continuing running a 5K 3x/week until the race to ease into it and incrase my speed. Then I'll begin the bridge to 10K program. Im just so exceited about my new lifestyle and running that I decided to join the group now!
  • mostaverage
    mostaverage Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Graduated from C25K on Saturday when I ran my 1st 5K distance in my neighborhood. I have my 1st official 5K race on September 23. I plan on continuing running a 5K 3x/week until the race to ease into it and incrase my speed. Then I'll begin the bridge to 10K program. Im just so exceited about my new lifestyle and running that I decided to join the group now!

Welcome ! & congrats on getting your first 5k in! - This is a very quiet group, think everyone is out running! Good luck with your 10k target, i found it a challenge but managed it and i'm taking part in my first organised 10k in September. Good luck !
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Hello all...
    I am well on my way to graduating from C25K on Saturday and am going to dive right into B210K on Monday. I am so amazed at how far I have come with running. 12 weeks ago I could barely run a mile now I am running 4 miles... Awesome stuff. Looking forward to working on running 10K.
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I graduated from C25K last Friday and came across this group which is brilliant timing as I was looking for a new challenge to keep me motivated and running. I enjoy the structure of a programme, such as C25K so this group will work well for me. I'm looking forward to posting my progress over the next few weeks. If I'm brave enough I may enter a 10K run event happening in Munich in October but before that I must improve my stamina. I don't run particularly fast, more of a slow jog but I'm not too fussed about speed, I just want to keep running and complete each weekly challenge.

Cheers,
    Anne
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Great job, Anne. I just completed a longer run (3.5 miles) on Saturday and found that adding the extra mile at a slow jog didn't really seem to be as much work as getting through that first 10 minutes. I look forward to hearing about your 10k progress.