Options
MassiveDelta
MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
I know a few people selling REALLY nice bikes

Replies

• IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Possibly... what bike/components/size? Where is it currently located?
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    That Jamis is the same as mine, except mine is a 2010. Price is a little high on the Jamis. I bought mine new for $1500 last year.
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    Ya Im not to familiar with the Jamis name other then I have seen a few of them around. Not sure if the components are pushing it higher or not.

That Cervelo is hot though Yum!!
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Ya Im not to familiar with the Jamis name other then I have seen a few of them around. Not sure if the components are pushing it higher or not.

The biggest difference between mine and that one is the Xenith is carbon frame, mine's aluminum. But looking at the weight, mine is only 0.6 lbs heavier. Drivetrain is not much different. Still a good price for a carbon frame and if I was still looking I'd probably jump on it.

Cervelos are nice, but IMO, they're overrated. In the end, the engine is more important than the bike. I've been passed by guys on old steel framed road bikes, and I've passed guys on $6,000 Cervelos.
  • MassiveDelta
    Options

The biggest difference between mine and that one is the Xenith is carbon frame, mine's aluminum. But looking at the weight, mine is only 0.6 lbs heavier. Drivetrain is not much different. Still a good price for a carbon frame and if I was still looking I'd probably jump on it.

Cervelos are nice, but IMO, they're overrated. In the end, the engine is more important than the bike. I've been passed by guys on old steel framed road bikes, and I've passed guys on $6,000 Cervelos.

LOL Ive been passed by a lot of people and it does hurt your ego a little when your passed by a 60 Year Old Lady on a bike that's older then you are. The engine is really a big deal ;)