Cow milk allergy

Options
ahavoc
ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
Cow milk kills me but I've had luck with goat milk, and goat and sheep milk products. Anyone else used these, and how are they for cooking? How about soy milk? rice milk? Anyone?

Replies

• teaparty069
    Options
    Hi All
    My name is Angie...I just found out about 3 weeks that I have allergies to dairy, cow, sheep, goat, etc...on a scale of 1-6 I am maxed out at a 6....I can however do eggs....

SO, here is what I have learned. tried to change my lattes to soy or almond milk...I don't care for the after tast of the almond, and soy is kind of strong, so I do my lattes with half soy, half water...seems to work good for me.

as for rice and coconut milk. Rice is similar to nonfat milk, kind of watery, but fairly flavorless, so this works well for me. Coconut milk is thicker, kink of like when you buy premade chocolate milk how it is thicker...it is also a little sweeter. I have been using both of these depending on what I am doing.

I can also find coconut milk yogurt, Ice Cream, and flavored creamer for coffee too. HIghly recommend these if you can't give up your ice cream and yogurt, lol..

Silk soy milk has a great chocolate peppermint flavor, and if you heat it up tasts like pepperming hot chocolate. I dont care much for the regular soy though...

what i want to know is has anyone tried any soy cheese?? this is what I miss the most, I used to put cheese on EVERYTHING!!

Good luck!