Anyone on Atkins (old version)

2»

Replies

• Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    I think I'm missing something....I logged back into the Atkins website today for the first time in a LONG time....and under Induction, it says 20 carbs daily....that's the same as the "old" Atkins....it doesn't say 40 anywhere....??
  • Rosy06
    Rosy06 Posts: 15 Member
    I am into the old Atkins. I like it better. Feel free to add me for support.
  • BonMetz
    BonMetz Posts: 102
    I am on the old version I think.....20 net carbs to start for induction. I got this from the Atkins web site.
  • MsPetuniaPig
    MsPetuniaPig Posts: 74 Member
    Does anyone have the .pdf of the Induction acceptable food list from the old version? There are new veggies on the new one and I'd rather stick with the old.
  • BonMetz
    BonMetz Posts: 102
    Yeah I would love to see the old list!
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    I agree fully on the old version (by that I mean what I used in 2003: Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution). I prefer to get my info from the last book that the man himself wrote.

It may take a while still, but Atkins will be vindicated in the future and held up as a genius, I say stick to the advice he wrote down personally. I'd actually like to get a copy of his 1972 edition just for kicks as well, I bet that version is even more effective because there really was no choice but real food back then if you were eating like that.
  • Firesign
    Firesign Posts: 169 Member
    I'm at work......Gotta bump to read later
  • praxisproject
    praxisproject Posts: 154 Member
    I didn't bother buying the new book, as the old one is just fine. Secondhand copies are usually very cheap too, if you don't have one.

Aside from the product placement, if you're losing on the new one, don't switch, but if you're struggling, go back to the original. If you're after meal ideas, Dana Carpender has great recipe books.

Most plans that modify over time are to make them easier to fit in with lifestyle, but they may be slower for weightloss.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    I did the original version to lose 100 lbs in 10 months. I found it MUCH more effective than New Atkins.
  • stubbseyt
    stubbseyt Posts: 84 Member
    hi

i am doing the old version, won't touch the new version which is just only interested in selling their products which stall your weight loss as they contain polyols..

the old version is the best and the one that cares only about you succeeding!!

Tracy
  • praxisproject
    praxisproject Posts: 154 Member
    Oh, I forgot to mention, the new version contains a cure for leg cramps! \o/

Salt and magnesium. I take mag tablets and eat Frank's Red Hot Sauce :)
  • ilovesriracha
    ilovesriracha Posts: 1 Member
    I find that I have time to make scrambled eggs in the microwave. They cook while I feed my dogs. Then I grab them, 2 pieces of bacon, stick it all in a container and eat them at work. I usually have about 45 mins tops in the morning. I know bacon is processed, but hey. It works!

Find little ways to make your life easier. The bars are easy, but they are full of all kinds of stuff! They may also keep you from entering ketosis. (happened to me. dropped the bars, hello ketosis, hello weight loss!)

Just my 2 cents!

And yes. I am on "old Atkins"
  • blossom_6871
    blossom_6871 Posts: 5 Member
    I started the old version of the atkins today,I was on it yrs ago,I tried the new version last year I found it very hard for me to stay in ketosis so here i go again and I was sucessful last time I was on it with 60lbs of weight lose,I kept it OFF, I put on 10lbs over the holidays now here I am,lol by the way if I can help let know
  • kimmyshaw1971
    kimmyshaw1971 Posts: 2 Member
    Just started today but mine is new atkins..... Whats the difference???
  • DahnaLane
    DahnaLane Posts: 97 Member
    I tend to follow the old Atkins too, the one where it has a Fast Fast section.

I use that FAst Fast during the first time I was doing low carb, and it helped bump me back into ketosis.

Now that I am back on Low Carb for life (celiac disease), I am trying to find my old book. Might have to check eBay or Amazon for an old copy.

If you need a low carb friend, feel free to add me.