Introduce yourself and maybe your fav show ?

Options
I'm Karen, from Toronto, ON

As hard as it is to pick one, probably ST:Voy
Though right now I'm hooked on SG-1 and Sanctuary

Replies

• purplebabe2025
    purplebabe2025 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I'm eve and I only just changed my picture then saw this. QUALITY!
    I like all sorts, being from London Dr Who rocks my world, but I'm going to cause a bit of controversy here.
    My fav although I haven't seen it in a while, is Babylon5.
    Who's gonna have my head on a stick?
  • LoriIAM
    LoriIAM Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've been a Trekky since the 60s, but never a serious one. I like all the StarTreks. Recently I started watching Enterprise. Good stuff.

I also enjoy Babylon5 and StarGate. I haven't seen Sanctuary.

Can any one answer this question? Why do they have so much ghost and horror stuff, which I don't like, lumped in with Science Fiction?

Lately, I've been noticing groups of people staring at their cell phones and it reminds me of the Season 5, Episode 6: The Game
    (Original Air Date—26 October 1991). Wesley Crusher returns to the Enterprise on vacation from the Academy only to discover a mysterious alien game infiltrating and controlling the crew. It makes me think.
  • startrekkermd
    startrekkermd Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Dr Who - hmmm
    I can't say I'm a huge fan, except of the current Matt Smith-River Song storyline, which is brilliant

Babylon 5 I only vaguely remember :(
  • startrekkermd
    Options
    @ Lori - no idea. I'm not a huge fan of horror either

Enterprise was probably the one ST show I wish they hadn't made :)

I've actually been thinking of the Computer and Siri ever since it came out. Too bad they couldn't use Majel Roddenberry's voice :)
  • kiawya
    kiawya Posts: 73
    Options
    HI! Love the group.. Big Trekker here, my Bff has a com badge tattoo'd on her chest! I'm from TX.
    Loved ALL the series, big fan of all the movies too.. LOVE the new movie.. whoever casted it was a genius!
    Hubby & I watch pretty much everything on Sy-fy!
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    Jen- I've been a sci-fi fan since I was about 5 (thanks dad)
    I love SW and ST and have been known to agrue the pros and cons for both.
    My fav ST was Voyager and TNG
    The shows Im currently obsessing over are Game of thrones and Merlin
  • startrekkermd
    Options
    Jen- I've been a sci-fi fan since I was about 5 (thanks dad)
    I love SW and ST and have been known to agrue the pros and cons for both.
    My fav ST was Voyager and TNG
    The shows Im currently obsessing over are Game of thrones and Merlin

Yes - A Voyager fan :)

Janeway rocks :D

As for tattoos - my reward for whenever I hit my goal weight is to go out and get myself on of these :D
    http://www.geekytattoos.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/star-trek-insignia.png
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Merv - I was watching Classic Trek when it was not a rerun DAMN-IT!!

Fav - Got to be Voyager

BUT - I stop the channel surfing on any Star Trek show

Fav Star Trek movie - Insurrection (they don't play (ever) on TV)
  • LeahMarieZR
    Options
    Hello all, my name is Leah. I generally love science fiction adventure. I have read serial science fiction novels, comic books, and graphic novels. Of course, I fancy myself a movie buff. I loved the original Star Trek series, Battlestar Gallatica from back in the day. Current series that I like include Avatar, the last Airbender, Grimm, and the Big Bang Theory.:smile:
  • Matttdvg
    Matttdvg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Matt. I've loved Star Trek since I was introduced to it as a kid. I especially love Deep Space Nine. The darker storyline set during a bleak war was amazing. But I love any Star Trek.
  • galaxyhearts
    galaxyhearts Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Next Generation!!!!

Come on you gotta love PATRICK STEWART!!!!
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi hi, geek girl here and ST fan. Loved Voyager (re-watched it again recently on netflix, spectacular). Currently re-watching DS9 and enjoying it immensely. Other shows that peaked my interest were Babylon5, BS and Red Dwarf (though not in many years)

Oh, also a big Doctor Who fan (10th Doctor FTW).
  • startrekkermd
    Options
    Are Voy and DS9 on Netflix ? That may swing my decision making process :)
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Yep, both are on netflix, as are TNG and TOS (in HD!!)
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Mike from Seattle.

Just re-watched DS9 and really enjoyed it. TNG brings back memories but the early episodes are just a little too cheesy for me. I actually can't stand Kate Mulgrew in anything she does so Voyager is right out for me.
  • startrekkermd
    Options
    Yep, both are on netflix, as are TNG and TOS (in HD!!)

Epic :) Netflix just got another customer :D
  • startrekkermd
    Options
    Mike from Seattle.

Just re-watched DS9 and really enjoyed it. TNG brings back memories but the early episodes are just a little too cheesy for me. I actually can't stand Kate Mulgrew in anything she does so Voyager is right out for me.

O.O

out of curiosity, did you watch mulgrew before voyager or did you first see her during ?
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Mike from Seattle.

O.O

out of curiosity, did you watch mulgrew before voyager or did you first see her during ?

To be honest I'm not sure where I first saw her. She seems to keep popping up in bit parts in tv shows. It was before voyager, though.
  • law2097
    Options
    Lawrence from London, UK

My favorite is DS9, I just started from the beginning again, perhaps my 6th time round. I also loved the new Abrams film. But hey, they are all good.
  • Mahu77
    Mahu77 Posts: 34
    Options
    I liked them all, but wasn't a big fan of Enterprise. I just didn't care for the canon screw up. The new film is entertaining and I'm glad they're keeping the torch going. I'm hoping for a new anddecent TV show to come along for the series again.