What, no stretching?

Options
BerryH
BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
OK, I've read it through then went to the index. Does NROLFW really not recommend stretching? There isn't actually anything negative to say you shouldn't, unlike some other habits it precludes.

Replies

• idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I only stretch after I workout because you shouldn't stretch a cold muscle. That could result in injury. I don't recall in the book where it says not to stretch though. Can you recall the page number so I can re-read it for myself?
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Yup, I only stretch after any workout not before, a nice warm up does for me :smile:

I was trying to say that although it doesn't actually proscribe stretching, it doesn't mention you should at all, or if so what to do, which seems odd for a very prescriptive programme.
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Before lifting, I foam roll, do a short warmup on treadmill (e.g., 5 minutes walking), then do some dynamic movements (like walking lunges, monster walk, inchworms, curtsies,etc.), then I lift (which may include cardio intervals), then I do a cardio session, then I stretch. Whew!

I literally just got the NROL4W book today, so I'm eager to read it, create a new routine for myself and participate in discussions with the group.