THURSDAY/FRIDAY TOPIC OF THE DAY:

repochick
repochick Posts: 40 Member
WHAT HAVE YOUR CUT OUT OF YOUR DIET THAT WAS BAD FOR YOU?

Replies

• smangani
    smangani Posts: 120
    Struggling, but working on eliminating Diet Coke. Since Sunday, I've had 2. Which compared to my (I'll never tell) was all I drank and I drank alot. I'm not a water drinker, but seems to be getting better since giving up the DC. :)

I also havn't had any candy. I have a terrible sweet tooth. Although I've had sugar (cookies with splenda etc.) No candy.
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    I have yet to totally cut out anything. I am a big believer that just about anything can be worked into your diet. One of my biggest problems is knowing when to stop, I have an issue with portion control. So that is something that I am working on right now. What has worked for me in the past is having one day, usually the day I weigh in where we go out and i get whatever i want. Makes it easier for me to stay on track during the week when i know I have that day!!
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    I am also not one to cut things from my menu. I feel like in this lifestyle change I am working on portion control, emotional eating, and balancing my calorie intake with my calorie burn.

This is also because I am like a child. Tell me no and I want it more. If you have something to do at the doctors office and they tell you nothing after midnight do you not feel like you are going to die of thirst or hunger? I know I do! :laugh: It is silly I know it is not going to kill me, but it gets to me like that. :ohwell: So until I can control that little bugger I am not cutting anything from my menu, but I will trade a package of cupcakes (which by the way I have not okayed the 450 calories for cupcakes yet :embarassed: ) for a good run on the treadmill. If I can balance it out I am good. :wink:
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    One of my biggest problems is knowing when to stop, I have an issue with portion control. So that is something that I am working on right now.

This is me too. There are some things I try and avoid like Soda, juices & Golden Graham Treat bars ( I just can't stop at one of these). I also try to avoid things that I know I have a hard time saying no to or will not want to stop eating like pizza or chips. If I know I'm going to be in a situation where those foods are going to be available to me I make sure to get in an extra long workout that day. Usually involving riding my bike to the gym for added calorie burn.
  • StephnElbow
    StephnElbow Posts: 91 Member
    I have an addiction to cheese hahah. Cheese is good for you in moderation but prior I ate wayyyyyy to much of it, so I am not cutting it out completely but limiting it extremely. It has been tough so far though.
  • I am trying to cut out sweets. I haven't had a fun size snickers is days yahoo!!