30 Day Challenge?

Options

Replies

• Diosadealimentos
    Diosadealimentos Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Mary!!! I just completed the 7 day intro and went all 7 days to make an honest assessment of the benefits and how I feel. It has been amazing, although everyday is a struggle to get on the mat. A friend gifted me a 10 class card, so next I am going to go for 10 days!!
  • MaryIM
    MaryIM Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Writing a testimonial ...

I was eagerly waiting to receive an email with the monthly newsletter from my yoga studio -- because they always list those who have completed the 30 and 60 day challenges.

Well, the email arrived over the weekend, but my name was not listed (pout, pout). When I went to practice yesterday I mentioned it to the staff -- saying I didn't want to be a whiner, but was looking forward to emailing the newsletter to my friends.

To my great surprise they asked me to write a testimonial for next month's newsletter ... which I am doing. They asked if I had a photo to include and I sure do! The day I completed the Challenge I took my camera to the studio and had my picture taken with one of my favorite instructors.

So I'm writing my testimonial ... will copy it here when finished! My theme is that "you're never too old, it's never too late ..." I may be nearing the end of my 50th decade, but hopefully I can practice another 20+years ???!!!
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I'm on the home stretch of my first 30 classes in 30 days. Last sunday I did a double to make up for a missed class on the saturday before. I must say, I find it fascinating: I'm discovering lots of things in doing the asanas daily. Actually that's quite exciting to me. I can feel and see my body changing too now that it's getting more adapted to the yoga. I totally intend to go for a "next 30 days" immediately after. I shy away from doing it as a challenge, but I 've started to love the daily class, and I've discovered the yoga is so much easier if you do it daily.
  • MaryIM
    Options
    I'm on the home stretch of my first 30 classes in 30 days. Last sunday I did a double to make up for a missed class on the saturday before. I must say, I find it fascinating: I'm discovering lots of things in doing the asanas daily. Actually that's quite exciting to me. I can feel and see my body changing too now that it's getting more adapted to the yoga. I totally intend to go for a "next 30 days" immediately after. I shy away from doing it as a challenge, but I 've started to love the daily class, and I've discovered the yoga is so much easier if you do it daily.

That is wonderful!!! Isn't it amazing to see and feel the changes in your body, with the daily practice?!
  • lodro
    Options

That is wonderful!!! Isn't it amazing to see and feel the changes in your body, with the daily practice?!

Interesting process too: three days ago I got hit by the yoga truck in a major way. Standing series was ok, but halfway the spine strengthening series I could do nothing but lie in savasana and cry. Of course, because of the sweat, no one can see you cry haha. H., the teacher, had to come by with a wet towel to cool me off, and I finally joined in again at the spine twisting asana at the end. But, it felt as if a door had opened: I hit the wall, but I got through it. All the time during my walk home, that light and spacious feeling stayed with me. And the next day I practiced with great concentration and from a place of that same spacious stillness. If the day before had been the yoga truck, the day next I was in the yoga limo!. And that is what I am finding so interesting about the process of practicing every day. Being attentive to these developments, but also not getting attached to the experiences, either good or bad. It feels as if I've taken a step forward in my practice.
  • scardone
    Options
    I am starting Monday, February 13th! I am so nervous! Any advice you can give me would be great...I'll start posting and continue to post as i'm going through it. Any diet recommendations? Thanks! I plan on taking before and after pictures and i'm hoping to see some visible toning. Thanks for all of the support!
  • lodro
    Options
    I've been going now for 40 days, as I intend to do 60/60 and then go for 100/100 to set up my practice well. But I'm taking it step by step.

I don't do anything special to prepare, or change my eating habits. I still keep an eye on my calories, as the amount you burn in a session isn't that much really.

One thing I learned is to take something with electrolytes after your class. A lot of people drink coconut juice, I use a rather cheap electrolyte powder in water.

You'll observe your body changing, the practice will have its ups and downs, but also, it's so much easier to practice every day instead of a few times a week. That being said, I think it's only now, past 30 days, that my body is really starting to adapt to the yoga. So for me, the journey continues.
  • scardone
    Options
    thanks for the insight! I will make sure to increase the electrolytes I take in after class. I was considering using those "emergen-c" packets mixed with water to replenish after class.
  • lodro
    Options
    those don't sound at all bad. i always watch the glucose content in them though, because I don't really need the glucose after class.

also: laundry: i bought everything in 3s, so 3 pairs of shorts, 3 towels, then bought 1 of each extra, because i just couldn't keep up with the laundry demands of this practice, haha!
  • teenes
    teenes Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thanks for the insight! I will make sure to increase the electrolytes I take in after class. I was considering using those "emergen-c" packets mixed with water to replenish after class.

I live by the Emergen-C packets! The Acai Berry flavor is the best. just sayin' :-) If you take it before or during practice, your body it will burn it instead of storing it (if you're worried about the carbs/glucose).
  • lodro
    Options

I live by the Emergen-C packets! The Acai Berry flavor is the best. just sayin' :-) If you take it before or during practice, your body it will burn it instead of storing it (if you're worried about the carbs/glucose).

I found out the hard way that having a stomach full of fluids doesn't help my practice. I usually stop eating or drinking 2 hours before start of class.
  • scardone
    Options
    I start the challenge today! I'll keep you posted on how it goes!
  • MaryIM
    Options
    I start the challenge today! I'll keep you posted on how it goes!

Yea! Good Luck with the Challenge! And do post updates on your progress!
  • lodro
    Options
    How are you guys doing? Just curious.

I'm on day 46 now, had a rough patch the past week, lots of things releasing, suddenly really deep back bends.
  • scardone
    Options
    Today was day #8. so far I'm doing well...the first few classes were difficult because I had taken a few days off. I was also extremely sore in my neck and back for the first five classes, but now that seems to be improving. I'm trying to make sure that I keep my spine aligned throughout class. I'll keep you posted!
  • scardone
    Options
    Did anyone notice a significant weight loss during the 30 day challenge? I have been sticking to my calories here on MFP (and eating back some of my exercise calories) and have definitely noticed a weight loss. I'm hoping to tone up, I'm leaving for Mexico March 15th, two days after my challenge ends. I'm hoping to look extra toned in my bikini!
  • scardone
    Options
    Tomorrow is day #15 and I completed my first double tonight. I'm proud of myself :) one thing I have noticed though...my stomach has been upset lately, like really heavy feeling and bloated. Anyone else experience this? My husband suggested that I need more electrolytes...just wondering if you have any suggestions.
  • lodro
    Options
    I've noticed that digestion changes with Bikram yoga, and my eating patterns have changed too: less starch, more vegetables, proteins: I didn't make these changes (very) consciously, but I think I started matching what I eat to support what my body is doing. So, yes, I did have issues with that, but not so much anymore.

I missed one day, because we buried a very good friend of mine, so I'm going to do a double to catch up.
  • trishdish11
    trishdish11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi I started a 10 day challenge which I have completed. Now I want to see how far I can go so am focused on a 30 day challenge. Today is day 19. I set myself 5 day mini goals along the way. It helps that I am on holidays at present & can commit to my goal without work demands on my time. I feel my body is changing from the inside out. I feel more relaxed & centred.

Congratulations to all who have set their challenges & attained them. A lady at the yoga studio I attend completed a 365 day challenge today. Amazing! :smile:
  • trishdish11
    trishdish11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Today I completed my 30 day challenge & am pleased with myself. I certainly notice a difference in my body, I feel more toned & I have lost weight. I will see how many days I can go. The daily practice has helped me tune into my body & acknowledge where I'm at on the day. I feel relaxed & happy.