Spouses/Retired/Misc?

Bahet
Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
I completely understand if you want to keep this forum just for current, active military members. Just say the word and I'll leave, no hard feelings and I wish you all the best.

In looking for groups though I noticed there weren't any for spouses, retired, other though so I thought I'd ask here. My hubby is a retired reservist who served 22 years between the Navy and National Guard reserves. He was deployed to Iraq from March '03 - May '04, worked as a contractor in Kuwait from Jan '06 - July '07, and we all lived in Germany at Ramstein Air Base where he worked from May '09 - Sept '10. He's now a GS but in a deployable EE job. He was actually in Afghanistan from Feb until Oct 30 and will go another 6 months - 1 yr this spring. We've been married since 1993 so I've been around to deal with all of it. We have 2 boys ages 14 and 11. They've grown up with their dad deploying regularly.

So, that's me in a nutshell. I'm not military or even the spouse of an active military member but I've BTDT with deployments, moves (MI-AZ in 2004, Germany in 2009, VA since last Oct), kids dealing with a parent who's gone, etc.

May I stay or would you prefer I start/find a group more tailored to those of us left at home while you are serving your country?