What is YOUR Biggest Challenge?

Options
KayteeBear
KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
Is there anything that's really standing in the way this month that you're trying to overcome? Like a sugar addiction? Or trying to do low carb or low sugar? Or just need more exercise?

Replies

• KayteeBear
    Options
    For me...well right now it's everything. Beginning of the month I had everything planned out, I was exercising regularily so I was just going to up my workouts slightly and cut back/cut out junk food. But then my bf's mom passed away on the 3rd so that changed everything. Now I'm back at the bottom. I haven't worked out in 7 days and have been eating junk so my challenge is pretty much everything...start working out and eating healthy again...and battling my desperately-need-but-can't-find-a-job stress..........
  • kathas0trophal
    kathas0trophal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    i have to come over my habit to have an drink at the coach when the kid is in bed and i have time with my husband. till now it went god with my diet but there are not enough calories. and after all it is a bad addiction like to eat junk . I try to do this the last 3 weeks and i feel so bad about it that it even infected my excersiing. but before i donÄt get rid of it icannot star t over
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Mine is FOOD! I am a junk food junkie. I love snacks, fast food, sweets all those bad things. I have been trying hard to cut back and change to more healthy choices. I can't cut them out completely because I will binge. Moderation is what I am working on. if its going to be a lifestyle change then I have to be honest with myself. Cut back not cut out.

I am doing really good with exercise. I workout everyday in some form either zumba or 30 ds. I will be starting Ripped in 30 when done with the shred. I am very proud of myself because I am actually a bit of a couch potato.
  • sangelic
    sangelic Posts: 207
    Options
    My family...sad to say. They don't get it, they get angry when I try to show them healthier alternatives. They get mad when they talk about buying candy or any junk food and I say I don't want it in the house (if it's not there I can't eat it!). I don't understand why they don't want me to succeed at this :ohwell: I'm going to do it regardless of them :happy:
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Mine is FOOD! I am a junk food junkie. I love snacks, fast food, sweets all those bad things. I have been trying hard to cut back and change to more healthy choices. I can't cut them out completely because I will binge. Moderation is what I am working on. if its going to be a lifestyle change then I have to be honest with myself. Cut back not cut out.

I am doing really good with exercise. I workout everyday in some form either zumba or 30 ds. I will be starting Ripped in 30 when done with the shred. I am very proud of myself because I am actually a bit of a couch potato.

Ditto. I like your saying, "cut back not cut out" I :heart: food!!! I also believe that Moderation is key. I find that when I decide to cut something out, that's when I really focus on that particular thing. :ohwell:

I finished Week 2 Day 1 of Ripped today. It's a nice challenging workout and I know you will enjoy it. I have a love-hate relationship with JM :smile:
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Mine is candy and I have to fight it every hour. I stopped drinking soda...easy...I stopped putting sugar in everything especially my coffee. I refuse to give up my coffee creamers lol....I cant eat artifical sugars including truvia I get an allergic reaction but candy....OMY I cant stop. I try and can go a few weeks without it but like thursday I ate an entire bag of caramels....The entire bag. I made it through halloween only eat 10 gummi bears.

Candy is my nemesis. If I could just get it under control.
  • Mskraizy
    Mskraizy Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My biggest struggle on my first week was trying to get my diet back balanced. Now that I'm having a good calorie deficit and burning quite a bit of calories herelately, now my biggest struggle is trying to keep the scale from going back into the 190s!! :grumble:

But I feel I've been doing okay. Lately, I've been overeating and I usually compensate that by burning more calories so that I can get back into the green range again. (I don't like red numbers..:noway: ). It's been treating me fairly though. I've managed to lose some weight and now I'm aiming to lose another pound before weigh in day. I'm not back at my 186 yet but I'm surely pretty close! Hopefully when I get to 186 I can STAY there or go further down. Hopefully....

Why scale, WHYYYYY!!!!?? :sad: :cry: :sad:
  • KayteeBear
    Options
    So what's up this week?

I'm going to try getting my water intake...since I haven't been doing so lately.
  • luvs_choc8
    luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    My biggest challenge this week is going to be exercise and eating out. We have a couple banquets to go to which means I won't be able to workout those nights plus there will be food and more food that I have not prepared. Going to be tough to stay within the limits. I am going to try to do some exercise during my lunch break on those days.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,994 Member
    Options
    my challenge is usually exercise, I do really well for awhile and then it seems I just start slacking off and making up excuses, or just not exercising as much. I dont know why , when i do it i feel so much better......GRrRrrrrrr
  • allie0630
    allie0630 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    my challenge is usually exercise, I do really well for awhile and then it seems I just start slacking off and making up excuses, or just not exercising as much. I dont know why , when i do it i feel so much better......GRrRrrrrrr
    I struggle with the same thing. I find every excuse to NOT exercise. I feel so great after I do but can't seem to get the motivation to start! :frown: