Muffin Top Stoppers

Options
Hello Girls,

my name isKatharina, I am 27 Years old, married and mother of a 3years old man. My husband is loosing with me what makes it a lot easier. I am a walker but i want to run when I am under 100kg. I live at Hamburg Germany.

I think it would be nice if we could talk here about things that bother us.

And perhaps we could make it this time not at the last place.

see ya

Katharina

Replies

• MelissaSel
    MelissaSel Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    So funny I'm in the Muffin Top Stoppers... That's the only place I don't have too much fat! Well, at my weight, every place does, but let's just say it's my least problem area!

I agree... let's NOT be in last place this week! I joined the gym and have gone 3 times so far (I have a knee injury so I have to take it easy). I plan to go every other day. Each day I am adding to what I did the previous day, slowly building up my strength.

My biggest challenges working out are my knee and I suffer lower back pain from an auto accident. But I get through it knowing that with every pound I can lose it will take that much pressure off my knees and back, and eventually the pain will be reduced to a more tolerable stage.

My eating challenges... ugh. I love sweets. And carbs. With the holidays coming up my biggest challenge is that I love to bake.

For Thanksgiving, I have hopefully figured a way to not indulge. I am sending my parents away to spend the holiday with my aunt, and I am staying behind to take care of the pets. My parents didn't want to leave me for the holidays but I insisted. I'm 43 and single... it's not like I've never spent a holiday alone. And I rather enjoy solitude. So I'm paying for their gas and sending them away. I will fix me a nice, healthy little meal and enjoy the football games... who knows... I may even have a guest : )

Good luck to everyone!
  • kathas0trophal
    kathas0trophal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    lower back pain has to be hard to handle.

We decided not to make a big Thanksgiving. It is sad for me because i love to cook for my family, but my husband and me want to stay in calories and our 3 year old son does not mind. He is fine with a nice sandwich. how is the family thing working for you? are they supporting ? My parents and sisters aren't but luckly my husband is with me.
  • MelissaSel
    Options
    Unfortunately, I am living with my parents. Had to move in with them a few years ago when I got laid off, went back to school... now I am getting started in a new career, but it's slow going. I am only working part time for now, so I can't afford to move out on my own yet.

My mom is horrible, as far as being supportive. She talks a good story, but she is always buying crap and bringing it into the house. And she goes and says, "I got this for you". I can't tell you how many times I actually had to get mean and yell at her to stop buying stuff for me. I said, "If I want to be sabotaged I will sabotage myself". Then there's the guilt trip... "I'm not sabotaging you. You are ungrateful". She's right. I am ungrateful for being brought up with unhealthy habits. But I take responsibility for the choices I've made as an adult.

I don't mean to sound so hateful and negative, but this is not a conducive environment for me to be in when I'm trying to make positive changes to my life. My mother gets jealous when anything goes good in my life. If I get a boyfriend she says, "I'm so happy you found someone to have a good time with." and in the next breath is complaining that I don't spend any time with her. Same things with new friends. She would prefer for me to stay fat so I don't get any friends or boyfriends, and I'm stuck here with her. My dad... he and I just don't get along very well.

I really need to get out on my own, and am looking to re-locate... far away. I've been too close to my parents for too long. I am the only one of their kids (out of 4) to live in the same state with them for the last 20 years, and it's just time for me to take control of my life, and actually have one.

I like this format and appreciate the support of everyone on here : ) I'm hoping we have a great week!
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Options
    Hi MuffinTop Stoppers.
    I don't know where that name came from... but we are on a team, so...
    I haven't done well yet, but am hoping this upcoming week will be much improved.

Congrats on your weight loss, Kathas. Saw your name listed...

Melissa -- I, too, have a lower back problem. Recovering from Herniated Disk in May, brought me to a complete stop with the addition of depression since I was doing Couch to 5K and doing very well and had been so motivated. Trying to get back into the exercise now and not there, yet. I was enjoying Turbo Jam and haven't done it since May.

So, here's to a great week!
    Linda
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,030 Member
    Options
    I'm doing great so far, today! How about y'all?
    I just hope that I can keep it up the rest of the evening. That is the hardest time for me!!!
    Linda
  • MelissaSel
    Options
    Are we the only team who hasn't lost enough to be recognized as a weekly winner? C'mon people! Let's do this! I haven't lost a great deal of weight any week, but I have lost. Big finish!!!
  • kathas0trophal
    Options
    yes that his pretty hard but i am much more motivated and i have agood feeling for this week
  • kathas0trophal
    Options
    hey gils our journey but at least we did no. 1;-) great!