Hello

Options
Hi I am 27years old and mother of a 3years old son. I love all my english speaking friends and they are fantastic but it would be very nice to have some german people here.

I am from Hamburg. Feel free to add me.

Replies

• cherryredcutie
    cherryredcutie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,

my name is Andrea, I'm 31 and currently living in Herford, just moved back to Germany after living in England for the last 8 1/2 years and trying to get back to eating healthily and starting to exercise after having a tough time breaking up with my fiancee. Might move to Hamburg at some point, really love the city.
  • kathas0trophal
    kathas0trophal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    yes Hamburg is a nice city but the rent is much to high.
  • android55
    Options
    If you count Austrians in as well ... as we are just a poor country in the middle of Europe, we can not afford a group of our own ;-)
  • elcar7
    elcar7 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    haha, android55, love your post!

I'm from this poor country as well ;)
  • kathas0trophal
    Options
    sure you are welcome.
  • lucylue21
    Options
    my great grandfather came from germany to the united states. i speak some german. i use to know more but i didnt speak it and lost some. I read online german newspapers every day. i try to keep up with everything going on.
  • elcar7
    Options
    weird question: since all of us are knowing German and this is a group to speak German, why are we writing in English?
  • kathas0trophal
    Options
    in public we are not allowed to speak in another languague because this is an english page. that is how the forum is. i do not know whether it is groups also like this.
  • android55
    Options
    Who would know? And I agree with lkahr - it is strange, but also ok.
  • dobijata
    dobijata Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi !
    I live near Dortmund and was always searching for some people from germany
    at MFP.
    Feel free to add me if you like.
    Maybe we can help each other.
  • bm_79
    bm_79 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hello all,

I´m a 32 year old women from Frankfurt / Main and just started with myfitnesspal 4 days ago. How is your experience with it?

Greetings to all,
    B.
  • elcar7
    Options
    Oh, I see I totally forgot about the rules ... but they are less strict on the groups.

My experience with MFP is very good, even though I don't use it in the way it is planned at the moment.

I only use it to log excercise and on some days I'm using the logging the food thing. (especially when I'm interested about the "if everyday were like today, you'd weigh ... in 5 weeks" gadget) I'm in a programm where the distribution of the makronutrients is more important and it's working (slowly but consistently)

beforehand I used it to logg EVERYthing. this worked out for me very well, from april till beginning of july (I lost the about the same amount as I am now.
    BUT I guess my calorie goal was a little too low, since it was very hard for me to stay under calories everyday. Now I've upped it a little to 1400 and it's more or less no problem to stay under and not feeling hungry all the time. - but that is a personal thing of you and your metabolism :)
    then over summer i continued using it despite the fact that I logged everything but didn't care what I am eating (it was a hard time) and I gained nearly all of it back :(

If you are also doing the clean eating it really works, just logging and eating crap (a box of icecream every day and then logging it) doesn't ;)
  • lilyinlove
    lilyinlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Wieso dürfen wir nicht auf deutsch schreiben die haben doch all google translate!!

There are some more Germans on the boards... Let's send them some invites!!
  • Ukgold66
    Options
    I'm not German but lived in Bremerhaven for over 20 years.
    Feel free to add me to your friends
  • nosugarcoating
    nosugarcoating Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Ich glaub in den Gruppen können wir schon auf Deutsch schreiben. Mir macht's zwar überhaupt nix aus, auf Englisch zu schreiben (liebe die Sprache und spreche/schreibe/lese/höre sie einfach gern), aber mal auf Deutsch ist auch ganz schön.

Ich bin 28 Jahre alt und wohne in der Nähe von Ingolstadt, bin aber eigentlich aus München (und da bin ich auch oft am Wochenende).

Ich habe mittlerweile seit Anfang August 14kg mit MFP abgenommen, bin echt begeistert von dem support network, was man sich hier aufbauen kann, über Freunde und über die Foren.

Ich jogge momentan 3-4 x die Woche, gehe 1x die Woche in Zumba und fahre jeden Tag mit dem Fahrrad in die Arbeit (ist aber ein sehr kurzer Arbeitsweg, nicht ganz 2km einfach). Bin viel fitter geworden und fühle mich wieder wohler in meiner Haut.

Und bin auch immer froh über deutschsprachige Freunde, da mein diary sicher zu 50% auf Deutsch ist.
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Hallo zusammen! Ich bin 24 Jahre alt und wohne und arbeite in München, eigentlich ein bisschen südlich in Starnberg. Ich bin jetzt in Maintenance, mache Krafttraining (am Moment das New Rules of Lifting for Women Programm) und gehe jede Woche Klettern. Ah und noch etwas, esse ich Primal/Paleo und auch viele kcal (normalerweise 1900-2300).
  • dgirllamius
    dgirllamius Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm a brit living in Germany, near Kassel. Currently on maintenance as I'm pregnant and trying to stay healthy during the pregnancy.

Mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut, ich muss Englisch sprechen :P

Once pregnancy is over, back to the diet and aim for the goal before trying to baby number 2. Would like that pregnancy to be more healthier than this one. Would like to get into shape before the big three oh.
  • kathas0trophal
    Options
    hallo!wo wohmst du in deutschland
  • subway_to_liz
    Options
    Hi All,
    until the English/German topic is resolve I guess I'll just stick to English :-)

I'm a 31 year old German living in the Rurhpott (Herdecke, small city between Hagen and Dortmund) and just joined from the Weight Watchers online program. I think it's just not worth 15€/month if you see what MFP has to offer!

I have already lost around 20kg with WW and now need to lose "only" 20-30 more :-) Way to go!

Looking forward to our little German motivational group.

LIz
  • nosugarcoating
    nosugarcoating Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm a 31 year old German living in the Rurhpott (Herdecke, small city between Hagen and Dortmund) and just joined from the Weight Watchers online program. I think it's just not worth 15€/month if you see what MFP has to offer!

Ditto. I was signed up with WW Online for like 1 1/2 years before I joined MFP, and I honestly didn't even lose any weight for good. I would lose weight but then stop counting points (and gain again). I'm sure part of it was my lack of motivation but WW Online didn't make it any easier.
    There was no iPhone app, and as far as I know there still isn't. They kept saying there would be one in 2011, and now it's late November and there still isn't one. I'm so glad I canceled my subscription, what a waste of money. I think WW works but the website is crap. MFP is so much better and it's free, not to mention there is a fantastic iPhone app. I also love all the social features. They make it so much easier and more fun to use and stick with.