Hey, I put some new shoes on...

Options
shellyc7182
shellyc7182 Posts: 261 Member
I used to be one of THOSE people, buying shoes that were cute and were reasonably priced. Last night, I got fitted for a new pair of running shoes and I have been converted! I unexpectedly left with a pair of Nikes, but the sales guy looked at the wear on my current shoes, had me walk barefooted to see my stride, and had me walk and run on a treadmill. I must have tried on a half a dozen shoes of all different brands until he was happy with my stride and my feet were happy in the shoes!

I didn't realize this, but apparently I roll to the outsides of my feet when I walk, and it's even worse when I run. The shoes I got are corrective, so my leg pain should be minimized. He said once I start to lose the weight, my stride will eventually correct itself when it's not having to support so much weight. Also, he taught me how to lace and tie my shoes in a way that better support my very high arches and helps the shoes fit my feet without them sliding to the front or the back of the shoe. My shoes fit like gloves and I'm taking my first run in them today! I'm so excited!

Anyone else have an experience like this?

Replies

• yclayborne32
    Options
    I lean more on my right side so yes I have experienced this. I'm going to brave the Black Friday sales just to be able to get my Reebok Zigtechs black and red all MINE!!!
  • RunLiftEat
    RunLiftEat Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Yeah, running stores are great. Every person who runs should be properly fitted for shoes, and replace them every 300 - 500 miles as required. It is great for avoiding injury, as well as discomfort. When I first started last year, I ran in the shoes I wear day to day, which resulted in quit a bit of pain and discomfort after a couple weeks. After visiting a runners store, it was like running on clouds, I loved it!