Logging 30DS in exercise?

Options
What is everyone putting 30DS under in the exercise log for each day?

I'm not sure what to put...

Replies

• MaManeenCal
    MaManeenCal Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have a heart rate monitor... you can use my burn if you want for accuracy???
    25 minutes was 226 calories. I'll let you know what it is again tomorrow if you want.
  • TheCeebles
    Options
    Thanks - i'll add that for now.

I really need a HRM - can you like time / log when you're doing specific exercises to see how much u burn in that time on basic HRM's?
  • MaManeenCal
    Options
    mine was about $60.... I just put it on - it goes around your chest, and you wear a watch. I switch the watch to heart rate mode and it tells me my heart rate (usually around 80-90 when i'm getting up, cleaning up, getting dressed and ready to work out. When I put the DVD on, as soon as I hit play and she tells you when to start, I press "start" on it, and it times you... while you're working out, you just keep looking at your watch and it tells you how high your heart rate is... while I was working out it was between 150- while we were doing weights- and 175 when we were doing cardio.
    At the end... I just stop it... it was just over 25 minutes and it says how many calories you've burned. It's F'n awesome!!! Best investment I've made!
    Today, I wore it under my clothes when I went bowling and chases my son around... so I got to see how much work I was doing with something that just seemed like good old fun! :-)
  • MaManeenCal
    Options
    sometimes, when I'm finished working out, if I haven't burned the calories I was looking for, I will keep running around the house, running in place, up and down the stairs, doing jumping jacks til i get the burn I was looking for :-) Another good thing about it! I've noticed it's easier for me to set goals!
  • TheCeebles
    Options
    Awesome! It'll be my next purchase i swear! I know we're in different countries but what brand is yours? Would you recommend the one you have?
  • rockchick90
    Options
    I just logged it as circuit training :D took me a while to figure out what to put it as
    I want a HRM too but alas no monies :( maybe father christmas will bring me one :P
  • MaManeenCal
    Options
    From what I understand from all my friend fitness friends (including my trainer best friend here) "Polar" is the best.
    But I bought one called Sport Line. I don't know how it could get any better. I see it's accurate at all times except if I go out running in the cold weather.... I tried to do C25K... it was too cold for me to sweat (and the HRM needs to be wet between it and you to pick up on your heart rate) so it wasn't accurate at all.
    What country to do you live in?
    I'm in Germany.
  • TheCeebles
    Options
    I'm in the UK :)
  • bigbugboo
    Options
    I just bought one on ebay for £7.50. It's a Pulse Sonic and comes with a strap with sensors that goes around your chest and a watch which picks up your heart rate, calculates your cals and pretty much all singing all dancing.