Introductions & Rules [Read First]

Options
These are the rules for this group. These are in addition to the MFP rules

1) Keep it adult. Do not descend into hurtful or stupid comments over what you consider punk/goth/metal is

*More rules will be added as I think of them.

Replies

• Buzzingaa
    Options
    \m/
  • MysticLiz
    MysticLiz Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    \m/ im a metal/rock fan, i respect all types of music. In this moment is one of my favorite bands. It inspired me to loose over 70 lbs last year alone.
  • cherdan
    cherdan Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    So glad there's finally a group like this!!
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've never been into metal.

But I've been a part of the punk/goth/deathrock/neovictorian scene for an extremely long time. Since before it was even called goth actually. I was surprised there wasn't a group like this when I searched last week. Now I see there is. *waves*
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am into Industrial Metal mostly. I have been a metalhead for as long as I can remember. Metal music touches my soul and lifts my spirits. Glad to see a group like this. It seems like we are on the outsides looking in so much of the time.
  • jenharrio
    jenharrio Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, my name is Jennifer, I'm 33 years old (duh, my profile says that heeheee) ;D. I just joined this group today, but have been an MFP member since April 2011. I joined the military soon after graduating high school (I must admit I was in the best shape of my life). It all kinda went downhill after I got out lol. I recently finished my B.A. in Theater Arts with a minor in business. I'm out in the job market and as a matter of fact, I'll be spending the first week of 2012 in airports and job interviews. I'm hoping this will be a good year for me and to get back into the shape I was in a few years back. . It's nice to meet everyone and feel free to add me :)

I have satellite radio and it's the bestest thing I've ever gotten. Liquid metal baby! \m/ The last concert I went to was in August 2010. It was Destrophy, OneEyed Doll, Blackguard, Sister Sin, Dark Summer, some other local band (I forgot their name but they were pretty decent) and OT3P
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I'm Andie. I guess I have a pretty wide musical taste, I mainly listen to rock type stuff but have been known to get down to a bit of disco and salsa too.
    Fave band is TOOL!!!! The greatest band ever IMO. I'm stuck somewhere in the mid 90s... That was my time for music and gig going. Haven't been to a gig for years because I now live on a wee island where the 'music scene' is covers bands and karaoke singers :/
    Last gig was Deftones in 2007.... man I feel old!!!
  • FitMetal
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm a HUGE metalhead, but I love all kinds of music! Any friends are welcome! Good luck, all! \m/
  • Lillie81
    Options
    I need metal friends :) add me \m/
  • gillybumbler
    Options
    I have been a metal head since I was a teenager. In my opinion it doesn't get any better than Judas Priest. I don't understand people that don't appreciate Priest...maybe there is something wrong with their brain. :)
    I mostly listen to classic metal, classic rock, stoner metal, death metal, & doom. But I also love rebel country, blues, some jazz, folk, and some punk. I have pretty diverse taste in music.
    I was glad to find this group!
    I welcome all metal friends :)
  • Jaqfrog
    Jaqfrog Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

Glad to have found a group of alt-types on here.

To quote New Model Army's 'Family':
    "Give me some place that I can go
    Where I don't have to justify myself
    Swimming out alone against this tide
    Looking for family, looking for tribe"

I work at a Uni in the UK, adore going to gigs, dancing, Whitby, tea and toast and good conversation.
    Am goth/grunge/alt/rock/steampunk/metal/folk/whatever.
    There's only really hard dance I don't like, and tbh, with some of the dubstep mixes and EBM that I've listened to in nightclubs, some of that's not too bad nowadays. Oh, and most black/death/doom/screamo doesn't float my boat either. Although I did 'win' tix for Hammerfest IV the other month and saw some bands I wouldn't usually bother with, which was good. And met Rodney Matthews <g>.

Friends welcomed, I need some support to try and lose weight!
  • TheTrimTim
    TheTrimTim Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm interested in friending like minded metalheads into Linkin Park, Kiss, Trivium, Disturbed, Queensryche, Five Finger Death Punch, Slipknot and other similar bands.

Rock on!
  • bekinator
    bekinator Posts: 103
    Options
    Woohoo so glad to find fellow metalheads! I'm going to try to friend all of you (-: Please share any inspiring bands & remind me of any oldies, my workouts are when I can really wrap my brain around my headphones & forget I'm working out!
  • bekinator
    Options
    Hello, I am into Industrial Metal mostly. I have been a metalhead for as long as I can remember. Metal music touches my soul and lifts my spirits. Glad to see a group like this. It seems like we are on the outsides looking in so much of the time.

Agreed. There's a really strong Underground scene here in Chicago. I went to an Hocico show last year and it was a window to a new world of metal for me... it's not all like Rammstein, Ministry, and NIN! I'm trying to learn more. Can you throw a few names my way to check out?

And to keep it in lines of MFP, it's great fuel for a hardcore workout too.
  • Vi0l33t
    Vi0l33t Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    DOn't really know what to call myself anymore, identified as goth most of my life though a friend of mine is SLC calls me a RivetHead. None of that really matters though, it's about the music, the beauty and the art of everything that makes these bands we love irresistible to us. I'm 27, a SAHM, and someday I hope to be a tattoo artist. I'm here because I want to be a normal size that can wear the clothes I love seeing on other people, and I want to forget that I hate going out without covering my chub (and protecting my skin from the evil round burny thing) with an enormous hoodie.

Add me if you want, or not, wither way it's cool that you're all here too. Thanks for making this group.

Vi0l33t
  • Vi0l33t
    Vi0l33t Posts: 117 Member
    Options

Agreed. There's a really strong Underground scene here in Chicago. I went to an Hocico show last year and it was a window to a new world of metal for me... it's not all like Rammstein, Ministry, and NIN! I'm trying to learn more. Can you throw a few names my way to check out?

Check out Deathstars, Angelspit, and Front Line Assembly
  • LLCoolBean
    LLCoolBean Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi, Im not sure if Im a metalhead, goth, or punk but I like metal and punk music so here I am lol
  • kurenaikumo
    kurenaikumo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I like rock music- all it's forms- speed metal, punk, hair metal, southern rock, rock-a-billy, industrial, grunge. Give me a great bass-line and some shredding solos and I'll enjoy it. Fav bands are X Japan and Def Leppard (old school Lep).
  • bekinator
    Options

Check out Deathstars, Angelspit, and Front Line Assembly

cool thanks!!
  • bekinator
    Options
    I like rock music- all it's forms- speed metal, punk, hair metal, southern rock, rock-a-billy, industrial, grunge. Give me a great bass-line and some shredding solos and I'll enjoy it. Fav bands are X Japan and Def Leppard (old school Lep).

girl i feel you! the guitar is the phone-line to my soul. paul gilbert knows my number lol