Anyone else get frustrated when you have to stop running?

Options
stephabef
stephabef Posts: 936 Member
I'm in week 4, and I'm annoyed when I have to walk for 2 1/2 minutes. I totally don't think I could run 20 minutes straight yet, but I can't wait until I'm done with the run/walk intervals! Just wondering if anyone else feels the same.

Also, I need to learn to start running back when I'm halfway through. I always end up 20-30 minutes away from home ;)

Replies

• tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    No - I'm like "OH THANK YOU CRACKER LORD I NEEDED TO STOP SO BAD"

Well, on the longer runs anyway. ( I Just finsihed week 3 so).

On the 90 seconds I'm like "wait...was that it?" but since its only a 90 second walk its not too bad.

I do think the 3 minute walks are a bit long, but I've been doing cardio longer than this program and I would think that if you are literally going from the couch into this program you might not have the cardio vascular health to recover as quickly a someone who exercises regularly.

Honestly maybe it makes sense for you to skip up a week?

Also my boyfriend uses a program that tells him "Half way point, turn around now" soyou might look into that. Its one of the apps on andriod but I dunno which.

The thing I DO hate is not being able to run on rest days because I need SOME kind of calorie burn but running several days in a row makes the increasing difficulty hard, BUT now that I can run a bit I don't just want to walk because that's too slow! and boring! and my calorie burn isn't as good!